Video Game General v8.01D : PC Gaming Golden Age, Big Box (Part 2)

I have lost souls in Dark Souls and I am just glad that there are rings to give some protection against losing your souls when you retrieve them (even if the rings break when you die).

I don’t know how committed you are to your character build, but if you are anything like me you will likely have more fun with a new personality utilizing a different set of tools.

No, nothing is ruined. For all you know they could just be showcasing team leaders. Regardless Kyo looks good in his 2003 costume and his 2000 theme remix sounds great.

I am very happy that Ninja Gaiden Trilogy is going to be easier to play and archive as soon as June 10.

It’s the Sigma versions so pass.

4 Likes

So much this. Fucking wack.

What other version would they still use? The one they do not have code for or need to completely rewrite from scratch for other hardware? I am sure a user mod will fix whatever crawled up your ass.

It should have Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden II.

Lost code isn’t a good excuse imo. Not letting it fly with EA, and Bioware, not gonna let it fly with Team Ninja either. When SquareEnix lost the Kingdom Hearts graphical code instead of be lazy shots and shrugging their shoulders and telling you do deal they redid the assets from scratch and released a proper rerelease.

So yea being shit at archiving their own work isn’t a good excuse to me. NG Collection is a hard pass, doesn’t even have the best game in the series included. Waste.

3 Likes

So I didn’t know till now that the Capcom CPS2 board had an Arcade Dating Sim

https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1362511329685348357

3 Likes

Yep.

OG Capcom waifu-bait. I think I have an artbook with character art over there in the library. . .

1 Like

Should’ve kept that motherfucker buried. Middle, middle-left and bottom-center character of the poster is is Gross.

Meanwhile in Cuphead. Junkyard Jive…

1 Like

Character in the middle looks a little young but everyone else looks relatively fine to me. What’s wrong with them? They look Anime Teen age.

3 Likes

Hard no, on sexualization of minors. HARD NO. Wedding dress on the six-year old, high-school P.E. unifrom, nighty in the middle-bottom. :-1:

Junkyard Jive still own my soul shakes fist The only part stage in this game so far to get crazy. Sense of progression isn’t there like it is for the other stages, and it’s the only time the game feels random and spongy. I’ve gotten the it down, but the second and third phases seem random, unlike the rest of the game, where it’s easier to see where you improve.

1 Like

7 Likes

They don’t look sexualized…like…what?

1 Like

Figured the patterns and the stage layout in Junkyard Jive. Level was still a bitch, but it’s one of those that could be cooler when I’m not in “I’m almost done with the game and want to see the ending” - mode. King Dice level is all kinds of G O D L I K E though.

In a dating sim. :-1: x infinity

1 Like

It’s actually a quiz game with really light dating mechanics.

Like do you know anything about this game? Serious question. You said they are sexualized and then when asked how you just repost the shit you posted before. How is a wedding dress sexualization? Do you see little girls playing wedding and think “oh em gee the child is being sexualized!!!” None of the girls are in a Nighty. The girl in the middle is in a shirt and dress. Are you arguing Gym clothes are inherently sexual and no girl under 18 should wear one?

You do realize kids and teenagers went to the Arcade to right?

1 Like

Bolded is a false equivalency, because not a dating sim or anything with dating sim elements. Yes kids do play games, and adults do play these too (and get side-eyed when picking the youngest one). Gym clothes have been used, and the motif has been used for that as well, for sexualization and in the frame of dating sim or “light” dating sim elments… :-1: x infinity.

1 Like

But again you don’t know the extent of the content. You don’t know the extent of the dating mechanics, where the dating ends up, and how much of the game it encompasses. You’re being just like the old people condemned comic books and heavy metal because they saw a minute fracti9n of the content and passed a sweeping judgment on the entire content.

And it’s not a false equivalency because you specifically said the wedding dress, PE Uniform and Night (that she isn’t wearing) are sexualizing the characters and your delivery of the message has the underlying thread that those clothes are inherently sexual.

Your entire position is “There are dating elements and those clothes are sexual” without knowing any context beyond the poster.

Again. How much about this game do you actually know about? Or did you see the flyer and jump to a conclusion?

Do they have Jiggle Physics?

1 Like