Video Game General 7.0: Day Juan Ys: MoC June 9th & Wonderful 101 June 30th!

Sure you are.

When they do something worth any recognition

Don’t tell Zatalcon1

What do you know ?

And the LULZ happens

Just the right timing

Just get it. I haven’t started the game yet (only played the demo last night) but might start it tonight. I may play The Messenger instead cause I would like to finish it before diving into Blasphemous, but I played it for 3 hours straight earlier and not sure if I can take more of it tonight.

2 Likes

7 Likes

lol

Guilty Gear Strive gets a closed beta next month. Also rollback netcode. Sign ups for the beta are now live.

https://twitter.com/arcsystemworksu/status/1240461674303254528?s=21

More info available here

Also A new trailer drops soon

https://twitter.com/arcsystemworksu/status/1240463670418669569?s=21

Unrelated but I posted this in the doom thread as well. Anyone who preordered Eternal at GameStop can pick up their copy tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/gamestop/status/1240447268102246400?s=21

7 Likes

I finished Blasphemous at work tonight. 89% completion with no guides. Apparently I was stupid close to getting the true ending.

A flawed, but amazing game.

You can be fooled into thinking it’s a Metroidvania, but taking a closer look, it really isn’t. There aren’t any upgrades you need to complete the game, period. There’s no power ups that gate your progress to the end credits, no movement options that keep you from beating it… The game starts you with a sword and a jump. That’s all you need to reach the end. It let’s you forge your own path through organic exploration. For the most part, YOU decide which places you want to go and complete first, and grabbing the various upgrades from other areas may even make your experience in LATER areas a little easier. It’s more reminiscent of how you’re allowed to go about the world in the first two Dark Souls games. Shortcuts and everything. Which I guess kind of brings everything full circle, since Dark Souls takes plenty from Metroid and Castlevania.

Either way, the artstyle, music, presentation and even voice acting are all top notch. It’s one part Horror, one part Spanish Mythology, one part Catholic depravity, all mixed into what has to be one of the most uniquely horrifying worlds I’ve seen in a game. It’s almost like they took Valley of Defilement (probably my favorite area in a Souls game, period) and just expanded that concentrated suffering into an entire game. I cannot express how in love I am with just the themes and world building alone.

This game is so fuckin metal, and it’s not even trying. There’s multiple tracks on this OST that give me chills, mainly this one:

There’s few titles I play where the world captivates me to the point of researching the lore outside the game. I think there’s a very clear theme here of suffering and penance, and those themes are expressed even through the gameplay itself.

Basically, couldn’t reccomend it enough.

And as always…

Sorrowful be the heart, Penitent One.

d1212fba-ffe2-47e1-8c07-e06752d55cea

10 Likes

Watching a stream vod of the RE3 Demo.

This game is something else.

How is it possible that every time I see the new Nemesis he gets even more terrifying shit?

Dude has more moves now than he did in fucking Marvel!

1 Like

This game is great, lmfao.

3 Likes

I actually just picked up Blasphemous today in the eShop for around $15 I think. I don’t know when I’ll get around to playing it since I have a few games in rotation right now but I’m stoked to try it when I get around to it.

6 Likes

Do you guys still buy games day one? I’m thinking about getting FFVIIR but my last day one buys were disappointing (SFV, T7, DOA6, KH3, FFXV…) so I’m waiting for reviews first this time.

Resident Evil 3 has already been paid for. I just need it to arrive.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/Alizonius/status/1240374667237523460?s=20

It’s almost that time, folks.

The ONLY good thing about this year so far is almost here.
4 Likes

Is the RE3 Remake Demo still not up on Steam or do I have to log in to see it?

Martian summed it up perfectly

100% this feels more dark souls than metroidvania. but…

This rings very very true. I’m loving this game so far, but I can’t harp on it enough that if someone can’t deal with seeing the seams in a game A WHOLE LOT then you might not enjoy this game. I have a feeling that they might continue to patch it, but I don’t know.

But going back to the ds/mv thing. It does ds wonderfully, from atmosphere to storytelling and even combat to a degree. It does mv stuff really well but really drops the ball in some cases and makes the ds side become tedious sometimes.

Imagine if ds had platforming, and when you fuck up and miss a platform, you go back to a bonfire that’s a 3 minute run away with enemies in between. That’s fucked, and it makes the “optional” platforming sections more tedious then the boss fights.

That’s my only gripe tho, and the platforming sections are great! I just wished it was a damage punishment or a teleport back to the beginning of the area (like other mv’s) instead of instadeath.

I know I’m bitching, but everyone who likes any kind of exploration/adventure game should BUY THIS GAME

2 Likes

That indeed sounds metal, so obviously I am getting the game!! :metal:

Ah yes, that dark side to the Catholic mythos

l

4 Likes

Forgot Koei Tecmo was involved in this…

1 Like

Extra

A Beast…

5 Likes