Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Hopefully they go the only honorable action and commit seppuku.

1 Like

Wow…the egos in that thread.

1 Like

And the thread is locked.

Lawd this is hilarious.

5 Likes

It’s crazy seeing dudes say shit like Melee being synonymous with Evo. Maybe if Melee was a Capcom game they’d be right. Lmao.

It’s like they forgot that the smash community existed separately from the FGC for years.

1 Like

What I find crazy is that they think the lack of cross registration is a good thing. I think Wiz would prefer if he can get $20 or $30 off one person entering multiple games then the guy just there for Melee.

1 Like

So Melee got the boot from Evo. I don’t hate Melee, it’s just that, well, it’s community is toxic AF. Like, you got mofos that honestly believe Melee is “the perfect game”. There is no such thing as a perfect game and Melee is stupidly unbalanced. Sure other Smash games have their problems but when the bulk of the cast isn’t tournament viable, you know your game janked. Melee clearly needed more time in the oven and if a Melee HD was announced and it didn’t play EXACTLY like the GameCube version, Melee players would be flipping tables.

1 Like

Melee and its community overstayed their welcome on the EVO floor…6 years is more than enough agony.

2 Likes

I’m not defending Melee here but, the same thing happened with HD remix. People played it for a bit then were quickly done with it. I don’t think anyone that plays a game past it’s prime age wants it to change.

1 Like

HD Remix died in part because there wasn’t a Japanese arcade port. This meant that half the playerbase was stuck with classic ST. I actually recall Tokido actually stating that he wished the game had an arcade version.

3 Likes

I feel like I saw a ton of older players on SRK at the time saying it was dumb. I have no idea about the JP player base though.

1 Like

That video made my day.

I like Melee and played serious way back. It was fun. Why did I stop? Well, I grew up and moved on. I’m sorry to say melee players can’t do the same. Based on how Melee community acts, I’d rather get Mario Kart DS back before Melee.

They also did weird things.

Took away Claw’s walldive loop but gave him a fake walldive.

Didn’t take away un-throwable Honda and made jab headbutt cancel fireballs.

Ryu fake fireball

whack.

The fact that the Japanese play all the old games on arcade cabs which don’t use the new version is always a threat to split the community. That’s why 3SOE wasn’t altered much despite DRASTICALLY needing balance changes (IMO). Maybe 3S guys are fine with Chun after playing the game so long, but she’s objectively a pretty damn dumb character. Same with Yun.

HD Melee has no such problems. It was only ever on console.

HD melee might take away alot of the granular mechanics (L-canceling being made automatic, maybe?) so of course the community would bitch anyway.

3 Likes

WOW @ that Melee player reaction supercut.

Is that attitude just Melee or the rest of Smash too?

Just Melee. Smash 4 and Ultimate don’t have the sense of entitlement the melee community does.

6 Likes
5 Likes

LMAO :rofl: Keep the memes coming.

4 Likes