Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

The Smasher salt on Twitter is glorious! Too bad the smash community isn’t also a suicide cult :joy:

I kid I kid, but seriously, the worst fgc related stories I ever hear are generally always about Marvel or Smash players, the difference being the marvel stories are usually unbelievable or hilarious, and the ones about smashers are just sad and the kinds that make you just shake your head.

4 Likes

I like how the melee community does’t get along with the the other smash community.

5 Likes

I’ve seen a few twitter responses on how Evo can remove Melee as it was an event staple. These muthafuckers. The games what made Evo what is it haven’t been on the main line-up for years.

6 Likes

Melee is the furthest thing from an event staple. Wiz and the cannons fucking hate smash and their communities. Especially melee. Wiz saw dollar signs and decided to invite them into our little event. They were a headache the entire fucking time. TO’s complained, judges complained, melee players constantly complained because evo wasn’t being catered enough to them, players complained. It simply wasn’t worth the fucking headache anymore.

I hope Wiz posts him destroying all those CRT’s and gamecubes like when he made the photobucket stream of him taking the crt’s and dreamcasts to the fucking landfill.

2008 was changing of the guard when it came to what games were vital for evo’s survival. It’s when evo became a business and no longer an annual tournament.

I think when I really realized the golden days were gone was evo 2k11. They did a round robin 3S exhibition that had Pyrolee, Amir, Ricky Ortiz and I can’t remember who else. The entire group I was with and myself were beyond hype the whole time. Almost everyone around us except for the people in front of us: crickets. I was so sad. I knew 3S’s days in the sun were over.

3 Likes

The only reason melee even originally made it to Evo in the first place was because their community bought their way in during that donation charity bullshit Wiz and the Cannons ran anyways. Skullgirls and ST almost made it that year :frowning:

Man I can’t believe this was 6 years ago.

1 Like

Johnny looks ridiculously well modeled and animated for an MK game. I may have to get MK 11 if they keep this up.

1 Like

I say this with just about every fiber of my being with 100% seriousness…The melee community can eat ALL the dicks. Some of the comments I’ve read of their entitledment and arrogance further cement my stance on them. The fsct that they are trying to get people to not watch Ultimate in a desperate attempt to get the game back on GRINDS ME FUCKIN HARD. Get FUCKED the lot of you.

12 Likes

The worst part about all this shit is that Melee players were a lot more open to Ultimate than usual. You saw a lot of the top Melee heads actually playing and having fun with Ultimate. But then Salem had to start his stupid bullshit and the Smash Community does what they do and they went back to square one.

1 Like

What did Salem do?

Who the fuck is Salem?

Can we test him?..see if he floats? >.>

2 Likes

It’s cool that Melee is still being played just on the fact that the game is old and still has a fanbase. I wish more games had fanbases, in large numbers, that kept going. I don’t like the ‘the game is old, time for something new’ comments. It’s the game itself is boring to look at no matter what kind of tech the game has.

Johnny Cage looking clean as fuck, lol! Going to stick to SamSho for my fighter this year, though. Can’t do MK anymore.

The smash community bullied their way into the fighting game community and thought they can overthrow…fuck that!

Don’t want to learn Ultimate?
GTFO.

7 Likes

Full mk stream

Extra

2 Likes

Sonichuman telling someone to eat dicks?
They must be horrible.

Glad I never played any smash game.

2 Likes

They day Mr. Wizard removed melee from the Evo line up…was the most important day of your life.

But for me…it was Wednesday.

1 Like

It was actually Tuesday…

5 Likes

6 Likes

The Melee community is a cancer. I play and enjoy Smash. It’s a fun game regardless of what side of the spectrum you are on with the old argument that I won’t mention. 4’s and Ultimate’s community are nowhere near Melee’s in terms of arrogance and SOME of them actually play other shit.

4 Likes

Yea but i didnt find out till Wednesday so…

2 Likes

Whether you meant it or not; this is a very layered comment and it made me laugh really hard considering the subject matter

3 Likes

Yes…and yes.