Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I played the first two forever ago on Xbox 360, they’re really pretty and the soundtrack is excellent as well. Gameplay lacks some polish but it still gets the job done.

Never played the third one though, supposedly that’s the weakest link of the trilogy.

1 Like

They’re accepting pre-orders in the B2G1.

The PSP had a great library.

But those hardware design decisions…

…you’d LIKE to think that Sony would have learned about the innate, immutable hatred for proprietary memory cards, but no - double-down with the Vita. Look at DLC, Preorder Plastic, LIVE… consumers NOT being completely stupid fucking marks had to have been a fluke this time!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m rethinking passing on it. The only thing was leanimg towards getting DMCV for PC

PSPs propriatrary memory cards didnt last long, they could accept normal phone memory cards like 2 or 3 years after release. PSP also has a huge library so i dunno where this publishers/developers didnt know what to do with it thing is coming from, PSP library is huge.

It is an awesome emulator machine to, rudes correct for once.

1 Like

RE2 free DLC announced

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/13/resident-evil-2-dlc-the-ghost-survivors-launches-february-15-on-ps4/

Never said he was wrong about the emulator part (though I wouldn’t know. I haven’t downloaded an emulator since 2004. And that was MAME). I’m saying his wrong about the psp being “garbage”. Which it absolutely was not.

@hawkingbird our boy booker trying to get paid!

2 Likes

I almost forgot, it had Tekken DR before the PS3.

I honestly can’t think of good PSP games, other than SOME of the ones I had. I also don’t play JRPG’s, if you consider them any good. It had 1 good racer(TXR), 3 good fighters (SFA3/Darkstalkers/Tekken), and a bunch of watered down PS2 games, and JRPG’s with those ‘PSP graphics JRPG style’ like the graphics that infected the Secret of Mana remake.

Name something on PSP that someone normal would play, that isn’t a watered down PS2 game, like Madden, GoW. You can’t.

Well, shit.

Jump, MK11, Crackdown.

The PSP was great for a lot of the reasons the Switch is now. Great library with console-like portable versions of console games at the time. It was always lame to me that they ended up porting a lot of the system’s triple A games to ps2 anyways. Also. It plays ps1 games on the go. Jailbreaking it to add more ps1 games made it even better.

I would also like to add that in a pre-smartphone world it was dope as a media device.

2 Likes

Between this, your other post along with your odd fascination with SNKH I’ve confirmed you have taste cancer in games.

Also, plz don’t brandish a gun at me on a stack of bootlegs covered in Cheeto dust. I don’t think could recover from that

3 Likes

Yeah, clean that nasty Cheeto dust off first.
Maybe put your home made bootlegs back into their CD binder.

Lets have some decorum in here gentle people .

I disagree. I don’t think the games felt “console-like” at all and that was one of the major problems for me. They felt like gimped console games. Switch doesn’t feel that way at all, well since they are actual full console games. I’d say that was one of the bigger gripes I have with PSP too.

The closest we got to a “console-like” game (at least that I played) was God of War, but even that felt gimped and it was way shorter than any God of War games put out on PS2.

Who keeps bootlegs anywhere but flashdrives?

Oh.

…it’s a retro joke.

2 Likes

I always felt that Devs treated the PSP like a gimped PS2 and not it’s own thing.
The devs for the DS knew what they were doing for the most part, they didn’t try to make watered down Game Cube/Wii Games, they made games for the DS they had the DS in mind from the start

1 Like

Honestly I got bootleg Sega CD and PC Engine CD games.
I am not paying the $200+ for a copy of Snatcher for the Sega CD or Castlevania Rondo of Blood for the PC Engine

The “gimp” feeling of the games were due to it being a portable. Devs still had to take into account people will play the thing in bus, train, doctor office, etc. It had to be good to play for a few minutes at a time.

The only thing PSP God of War games gimped were the puzzles. They were removed to focus on action. I’ll give those games credit in trying to humanize Kratos before the 2018 game did.

My one complaint about the psp is that it was fucking loud. It constantly sounded like it was destroying my disc despite it being protected by that funky case they were in. I always worried my discs were being scratched to shit.