Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

That would be an absolute eyesore, bad marketing and would confuse the average consumer. So I don’t think that is even a viable solution.

This isn’t a thing. GameStop will not offer a refund for any game that’s been opened. They can’t. It’s literally federal law. Employees are to put a circular sticker put on the of the case where you open it. If that sticker is broken or missing they know it’s been open. The best they can do is offer you trade credit for it.

That’s not how things work though. It’s open, sure but it’s never been used.

Oh I didn’t know that about how they “convert” a used game back into “new” lol. Fuck that, I will never take part in that practice.

They can sell you used games as new, but they won’t allow returns on new games that are open. Until they change that policy I’ll never support it.

And for printing their own cover art, not sure what you mean about it being an eye sore. It would be the same exact thing as the real boxes. You buy empty switch cases, print out the cover art, and put it on the shelf. Not sure how that would be an eye sore.

With the stuff I used to do for DVD’s, you couldn’t tell the difference between a retail DVD and my bootlegs, until you opened it. And this was like nearly 2 decades ago.

EDIT:

Nintendo sells these empty game cases direct.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod870012&categoryId=cat831380

3 Likes

You and GameStop have different ideas of cover art. Their cover art is literally just the name of the game, the system it’s for and the esrb rating. They don’t have any way of printing official cover art from their computers. Even if they could I doubt they would because that just comes off as ghetto and unprofessional,

Cool?

No one said print anything from their computer. They could print it from the same place that prints their instore adds and what not. Come on they are like a billion dollar company, they can figure out a way to print out cover art.

I’m talking about official covert art, not some ghetto cover art.

My point is there are ways they could not do this stupid ass practice that they do where they sell a used game as new since it’s their last copy and opened it for box art. It’s pretty much unethical but people don’t care apparently since people actually purchase those copies.

3 Likes

With all the current/former GS folks floating around i wonder why no one has written a book about Gamestop. I worked there from 2002-2010 so saw the rise and fall of game gens. I can’t imagine the inventory they must do now with the cheap scanner that never scanned in stuff correctly or the crazy programs we pushed on folks.

Are GameStop employees told to push DAT MADDEN preorders on black folks and other minorities?

So Diablo 3 Lost Souls has enemies that level up as you do? I don’t like that shit. I better get vanilla Diablo 3 then?

Smash sells 5 mil in its first week

DH or Wiz.

I heard they actually managed to make Inna’s Monks FUN during their time on the Test Server.

They nerfed them into the ground upon release, of course.

Blizz needs to do like Bungie, and wash and treat that Acti outbreak to save whatever face they have left.

1 Like

Sucks you need PS+ to try out Firewall Zero Hour. Maybe if I could try it out I’d actually subscribe to PS+ again.

I so fucking hate that, if that shit has the factory seal broken then it’s USED and not NEW.
Because they often lose the little bits of paper and such inside that you get with a new copy, like download codes and such. I also don’t like the condition game boxes will be when the game is outside of the box.
Only time I buy used from Game Stop is

1. when a older game I want been out for a while and new copies are hard to find
  2. there a sale on used games and its worth getting the buy 2 get one free
  3. when the cost of the used game is significantly lower than the game is used. If there only a $5 difference then give me the new game.

Being open is being used. Running the disc is the only means of using it. By GameStop standards they could have use the disc as a coaster but still tell me it’s new because it never ran on a console.

4 Likes

Long as the disc isn’t scratched I don’t give a shit, that plastic getting ripped off soon as I get home anyway, they saved me a step. * shrug*

That extra plastic is my guarantee that this game is sealed from the factory and there should be nothing wrong with said game. Knowing how exactly GS is loosey goosey with loose games and what practices actually takes place at places such as Game Stop, Walmart, ect I want a new sealed copy and not someshit that has the Game Box, but instead of the game disc has a AOL CD inside or something to that effect.

And Yes I seen that happen, I knew a guy who bough Final Fantasy 11 retail, keep the discs, put a AOL disc in its place and return it to walmart, who Walmart employees proceeds to just reshrink wrap the game box and putt it right back on the shelf without checking the content. I seen that same garbage happen in GS when their employees are ether feeling lazy or they are in on the scam.

4 Likes

This simply isn’t true.

1 Like

Yea that isnt true, Wal-Mart checks disks when you do returns, I see it all the time.

And that’s fine if that’s how you feel, I’m just saying I don’t give a shit if the disc isn’t scratched. They’ve always let me look at the disc for a display sale, if it looks fine then I’ll take it, shits the exact same as everyone else’s and I wasn’t gonna leave the plastic on anyway so I don’t care.

It is true, I was there and the AOL disc was mine.
I was young and didn’t gave a shit about ripping off Walmart or letting Walmart screw over one of their own customers.

There a reason now why Game Stop don’t accept trade-ins of new games now.
And that above is one of the many incidents that lead to that policy.

They didn’t do that 18-20 years ago. They just didn’t give a fuck then.
The reason they check now as there were people like the 19 to 21 year old me that would take advantage of their laziness and stupidity.

1 Like

I could see that happening back in the day at Walmart easily. I used to install mod chips in PSX back in the day and I sucked at soldering and would fuck up PSX’s sometimes. I’d go buy one at Kmart, open from the bottom of the box and swap the new PSX with the busted one, and sometimes I’d take the controller out and keep it. Then I’d glue the bottom shut and return it. I did that a handful of times and never had issues. Something like that wouldn’t come close to flying at this point. That was like 20 years ago.

As for the “new” games at GS, the other problem I have is with the case. They put like 50 stickers on the case and the cases are typically pretty beat up from people handling them too. If you want to pull the stickers off you will need some goo-gone stuff to get rid of the residue.

4 Likes

I use to rip off retailers the same way. I had a few PS2 games that wouldn’t run anymore but the disc themselves were in good condition. I would take them to GameStop and trade them in for functional games as all they did is look at the disc bottom and accepted it.

1 Like

https://www.retrorgb.com/the-wii-shops-final-days-are-upon-us.html

Wii Shop is dead, those who haven’t made their final purchases are SOL, that ship had sailed.
Those who need to do some downloads do so ASAP, as as the 30th the Wii Shop is gone forever.