Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

PSN+ Games for Janurary

I know it looks the same but it actually isnā€™t. One is bit longer and has more games in it.

Yeah. I noticed the titles for the videos were different after the fact.

Also, PS Classics have been discounted to $60 everywhere. Still too much tho

All these instant price drops when a game flops makes me glad that I donā€™t buy most of my games day one.

So Letā€™s Go Pokemon is pretty sweet. The throwing mechanic can be involvedd trying to get the right spot while the pokemon are moving around. The gyro controls work great in handheld.

The thing I like about the overworld(?) is that the pokemon can SUDDENLY APPEAR while running but can be dodged if quick enough. Enough can appear so navigation can be tricky for a game like this, if you donā€™t want to engage. I hope the pokemon title next year uses this for its battle initiation.

Being able to travel with certain pokemon remind me of the vehicle buffs while traveling in Phantasy Star.

i am almost done with the 3ds version of dragon quest viii. im thinking of leaving the ultimate dragon and the new superboss for later though i kinda dont feel like doing it knowing im going to play xenosaga ep 2 next im going to need all my energy for that shit.

1 Like

Been playing more God of War.

Summary

Kratos telling boy heā€™s a god was a mistake. The kid has become insufferable since finding out. Kratos needs to teach him humility.

Iā€™m happy having the blades of chaos again.

4 Likes

Think Iā€™m jumping into VR around this time next year. I wouldā€™ve done it this year but things were super busy. Plus I want more Switch time.

Next year game wise will be stacked (again), and Iā€™m not really sold on Astro Bot, but Rez and ZOE2 still have my interest.

Have you actually played Astro Bot or just seen videos of it?

Just curious because my buddy had played my PSVR multiple times then played Astro Bot and before he finished the first level he took off the headset and said he was buying one. This was like a week before Black Friday so he got the Astro Bot and Moss bundle for $200, which is a god damn steal.

1 Like

Probably delayed because they either needed to pull resources to help fix God Eater 3, or the situation with the latter forced them to rethink some things with the actual game.

1 Like

Man Iā€™m still on the fence about picking it up. I love the no random encounters thing, but at the same time Iā€™m not sure how I feel about no battles aside from trainer battles. Are there a lot of random trainer battles(people you run into like in the original versions) or is only gym battles?

Edit: I just realized you get standard controls in handheld mode, but canā€™t use standard controls when docked because they want you to use 1 joycon. Fuck Nintnedo(Or Gamefreak in this case?) and their arbitrary bullshit.

i was down on letā€™s go originally but if you think of it as a weird remake of yellow instead of a worse fire red/leaf green you can have fun the best part is the soundtrack. admittedly just flinging pokeballs at everything that moves did get old close to koga.

1 Like

Extra

Iā€™ve seen the videos of a tweet from a game journo that said ā€œAstrobot was Mario 64 of VRā€ and some other clips of the monkey fight and the first level. It looked cool but Iā€™m pretty hesitant in-house Sony games being hyped since the fan base gears more towards ā€˜experiencesā€™ outside of gameplay.

The BF bundle with AB and Moss wouldā€™ve been my entry point but I wouldā€™ve bought Rez, ZOE2 and Rigs along with it and started with Rez if I had purchased it, and played AB as the third game after ZOE2. Iā€™m guessing another bundle will pop up, if not the same one, later on so I can wait. Iā€™m also considering that PSVR2 is going to be pushed with the PS5 so that is another consideration to hold off, but thatā€™ll probably be too long and I might want to jump in sooner. Iā€™m most likely jumping in no later than 2020.

I was convinced of VR after playing the Vive demos a couple years back when those were being demoed at malls. The robot shooting game was a lot cooler than expected but the sunken ship sold me 100%. After that it was waiting on a smaller and sleeker form factor, but recently Iā€™ve said ā€˜fuck itā€™ and plan to jump in sooner than later.

Donā€™t know how to multi-quote/tag

Thereā€™s more trainer battles once you reach the cave (Mt.Moon) so thereā€™s plenty to fight. The Viridian Forest had several as well. I like the number of them so far and donā€™t think itā€™s too much or little but just right. Iā€™m not a turn-based rpg fan but Iā€™m giving them another shot. So far I like what Letā€™s Go is doing, how theyā€™re doing it and how itā€™s paced.

The standard controls thing is weird though. Not sure why that isnā€™t an option. Iā€™m not familiar with Game Freak so Iā€™d put this decision/blame on Nintendo since they like doing dumb things for no reason. I get that they want it to be played with the pokeball (which Iā€™m wishing I bought, lol) but that doesnā€™t mean they couldā€™ve added a standard control option when docked. Iā€™m fine without it, but for those that want it, it should be an option.

1 Like

The description of Mario 64 of VR is the perfect analogy. It does for platformers in VR what Mario 64 did for platformers in 3D. As with any VR games, watching video clips in general donā€™t really do anything at all to relay what the experience is actually like. Moss is another one that is just mindblowing but videos of it look like not much special.

I canā€™t comment on those other games really, other than I played the demo of Rez and didnā€™t like it.

I heard a lot of great things about Super Hot VR. The regular game is pretty good but it looks it would play better in VR.

Yeah I have Super Hot on PSVR itā€™s pretty sweet. It makes you feel like Neo from the Matrix dodging bullets and being a badass.

2 Likes

Hearing too, that Astrobot is more of an on-rails platformer has me skeptical as well, but Iā€™ll still give it a shot when I get the chance. In general Iā€™m not too big on 3D platformers. Mario 3D World is my favorite followed by Super Mario Odyssey and Sonic Adventure (DC version).

Iā€™ve heard good things about Super Hot VR.