Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Live action I can understand completely. Avatar completely deserved the shit it got for white washing the cast but when it comes to voicing an animated character the thing that should be worried about first and for most is ‘does this person that’s doing the voice embody this character the best?’. I’d love it if it were possible were possible to have every race of every fake character out there played by someone of the same race of that character but by doing shit like that you limit yourself when there is a possibility of someone out there who is not of that same race who could possibly do the character better. Samurai Jack, Kratos (twice mind you), Vamp from MGS could all have possibly not have been as memorable as they are if they had remained strict to something like that.

3 Likes

I gotta agree with this and what SonicHuman said. In live action I absolutely agree that white washing is some bullshit but with voice acting I want whoever can capture that characters personality and general being the best. I don’t care if it’s a black person voicing a white person, an Asian person voice a black person or a Hispanic voicing an Asian. Just be that person who’s voice breathes life into that character and I’m happy.

2 Likes

Better break out our torches for the simpsons! Bart is voiced by a woman! rabble rabble rabble.

I guess almost every anime dub ever should also be banned as it involves Japanese characters being voiced by english speakers.

Surprised the people who make audio books haven’t been sued for not having a different person read for every character’s specific gender, ethnicity, etc.

The list goes on and on. Being angry about a Native American character in a video game being voiced by a non Native American is just being angry to be angry.

6 Likes

Not to mention Apu who is middle eastern is voiced by a Hispanic.

India isn’t the middle East.

5 Likes

My bad.

1 Like

All the characters from Soul Society in Bleach should be voiced by dead people.

8 Likes

I guess it gets much weirder too when you’re dealing with fictional characters who aren’t clearly racially coded, or if you’re going across languages for translation purposes. It sounds weird to expect that an entire cast be brought in based on alignment with the characters and the ability to speak multiple languages.

What I find fascinating, is how completely different sounding voices and intonations are used in various languages and cultures, in order to convey the same kind of personality.

Being offended is seen as a virtue these days, that’s the problem.

5 Likes

man cygames has a lot of fuck you money and are prob setting themselves up to be a major japanese publisher next gen if these first games are quality. i know granblue is huge in japan and i don’t think their arc system fighter not being an airdasher is a bad thing.

also i am a positive thinker so i truly believe one day somebody is gonna be able pull of that combination of 2d fighter with smash imputs held together with the character design sensibilities of 90’s snk and that will be the game that brings everyone together.

Who sees it that way?

You’re insane.

2 Likes
  • The flow of the game is basically moving through stages to get to the boss, advancing to specific areas alongside the story. Various locations like vast grasslands and snowy mountains will appear, and there also sub-quests with elements like exploration.
  • I can’t say a specific number when it comes to playable characters. But Bayonetta for example had unique motions for each weapon, which allows you to enjoy different ways of fighting for each one. If you counted each of those weapons as playable characters, [the playable character count] should be quite large for one of these types of games.
  • You will unlock playable characters by meeting specific requirements as you progress through the game.
  • For multiplayer, you can choose from the playable characters that you have unlocked. Since each player’s rate of progression is different, players are allowed to choose the same character.
  • What we’re trying to go for with multiplayer is high-difficulty quests that are unlocked after you clear the main story once, but you can also play low-difficulty quests before clearing the main story.
  • We chose Arc System Works because their style with franchises like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue was a good fit with Granblue Fantasy .
  • Since we don’t want to alienate [fighting game] beginners and those who aren’t accustomed to games, it won’t be a combo-filled game.
  • In order for users who have only played the smartphone game to be able to enjoy the game, all of the special moves can be unleashed with the press of a single button.
  • For skilled players, on the other hand, we’re making sure the game has action and strategic depth. We’re utilizing the know-how of Arc System Works, so you can expect something good.
  • The game speed is moderate, and the combos are also very simple.
  • Currently, the game system is such that difficult elements like juggling and aerials can only be done in very limited situations.
  • We also want to release additional characters as downloadable content.
  • We also want people who don’t like “winning or losing” to be able to play, so we’re thinking about a way for people to play in that regard.

Been playing God of War when I’m able to put Smash down. Game is pretty good. Boy has been giving me attitude lately. This kid begging for Kratos backhand.

6 Likes

SJW types. People who love the attention an back patting they get from pointing out an ever expanding definition of heresy. It seems that extra online back pats are earned when some contrived new reason to be offended is conjured up.

Yeah, what is often over looked in the Western parts of the world is that mobile gaming in certain spots is clearly the stronger game industry over both console and PC. So when one of their games makes money it for at least while it’s popular is literally printing that company money.

That being said these games, like the anime they made based on their games are all bait to get you on their mobile efforts.

1 Like

yep i like that they are using some of that money to go into console development especially considering the Japanese console market insn’t as strong as it use to be. i guess this is a way to begin pushing their ip’s in the west besides shadowverse.