Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Outrun comes out in the U.S. Jan 10th or 11th. I can wait. Hopefully they are more in time after that.

A new PlanetSide game announced

Miyamoto and The Roots perform the Mario Theme

8 Likes

I didn’t even know he could play guitar

2 Likes

Ugh. The Kingdom Hearts III edition of the PS4 Pro is coming state side. I already have a PS4 Pro but fuuuuuck, I want it to so bad. It’s so pretty. It’s also exclusive to GameStop which is a huge bummer.

Travus Strikes again is having a media blowout currently, suda says hes planning actual nmh3 and this game actually will have effect on 3. Also the usual ‘I’ll make this game if this game does well’ bs

Namco finally put it up

Extra

Blizzard cancels esports heroes of the storm stuff and scales back dev time on the game

Rockstar has antigrief measures coming for rdo

Infinity Ward had to evacuate following a bomb threat

Activision played the long game and now they finally have Blizzard in their grasp. It’s over for them. They already screwed up with Diablo then not even a month later they decide to drop an other fuck you bomb.

The last paragraph explains it all. New CFO is from Activision and is thinking money first. Despite the fact that Blizzard never had any trouble with money since they cared about their players but some execs are disconnected from reality. GG Blizzard it was good while it lasted.

3 Likes

Kanye West is trying to find Hideo Kojima

…???

Sakurai explains what the Smash logo stands for

Riot Games COO gets suspended for misconduct

Finally the answer to a question that I’ve been wondering…How Marvel Alliance 3 got put on Switch

Aaaaand he doesn’t really shed too much light aside from saying the stars aligned and it happened.

Nintendo is also going after people who pirate and hack switches now

Full Suda 51 intereview

Extra

Jimmy Kimmel told parents to turn the tv off on kids while they’re playing Fortnite

Some of these kids…yo you come at me? You’re catching a boot lol.

I remember someone at Koei Temco talking in a interview or something talking about how they were trying to get a major Western IP, this being what they were talking about makes sense. Knowing the industry, either the game was nearly done years ago or Koei really loves the Ultimate Alliance games

Is there any franchise, and I do mean any franchise, that Activision has gotten its mits on and NOT ruined it?

Serious question.

1 Like

Cygames is having their Granblue festival in Japan right now. Tomorrow they talk about Granblue Fantasy. Not sure what us got to be said.

I’m ready for the P* JRPG goodness. :bowing_man:

2 Likes

You mean all those “professional gamers” will have to get real jobs now? I know most wont but one can dream.

Cry me a river.

Besides Activision Blizzard has been fueled by the fumes of the good will blizzard built before activision bought them out for a long time. Like, a long time. It was just a matter of time before they “turned their backs” on the community and player base they built. Only the blind faithful will still support a shit hole company like Activision Blizzard. Just like EA, Just like Bethesda.

Also, if I had know this would be a thing I wouldn’t have bought them individually

1 Like

Blizzards problem stems from the fact that they tried to force esports on a title without seeing if it actually has a competitive scene first. Most successful esports titles are those that are built on the backs of existing competitive scenes.

2 Likes

New Fighting Game in coop with ArcSys

3 Likes

GBF Relink - trailer

GBF Relink - gameplay

5 Likes

damn, team red taking on a new licence every year xD

2 Likes

as long as it flushes money to them for theire own project its good.
they really should start to spread out into other genres too with that style. a “2D” Platformer would be great. imagine mega man or mighty no9 with that style.

They would probably have to team up with someone, because to make a legit platformer you would need to animate a whole lot of characters. You can get away with stiffer animations in RPGs, where you can just have most characters static save battle animations or cinematics but platformers are a different beast. A side scrolling beat’em up is possible but the demand probably wouldn’t match the investment… but Streets of Rage 4 or a new Final Fight would be gorgeous.