Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Meanwhile, Sega’s own mini console has been delayed.

#17.
finally.

Well if you guys were ever wondering why they never brought PS1 classics over to PS4, this is why. Sony taking cues from Nintendo. :rofl:

That’s probably more on Capcom for releasing it exclusively on mobile. :rofl:

Personally I know of Doom, LA Noire and Wolfenstein which ask you to download extra data. While theere might be other games like this I don’t know about I’d be surprised if it were more than six and most certainly not ‘most’ of the platform’s games. Plus it’s not even a technical reason but a financial one. Bethesda and Take2 didn’t want to buy bigger cartridges for their games.

PlayStation mini looks cool as fuck. Too bad it’s controller isn’t dual shock though because that means no Ape Escape. :frowning:

1 Like

Apparently MW2 is gonna show up in the top 10 for NPD report because of Xbone’s bc
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1042176675591536640

1 Like

You’re right. I should have said most games released on the platform that aren’t Nintendo games. :wink:

It’s also a hell of a lot more games than you think.

Yeah, and whose decision was it to make those carts as expensive as they are?

The same publisher that wants you to pay for an online service to play like three multiplayer games. Shit, if you sign-up early you get a shot to buy an expensive NES controller that only works with NES games! Holy shit! Too bad you can’t play said NES game if you don’t log into your Nintendont Switch for a week. :rofl:

1 Like

As I said I don’t know them all. There are probably a few 2K sports games in there as well. It’s pretty shitty, agreed, but it’s still a very small number of games.

In fact I just don’t tend to overthink all that stuff. Yes, some games need additional downloads, yes, Switch Online is barely better than Dreamcast Online and yes, there’s probably something else people get annoyed about.

I just play games on the system and have fun with it, I don’t particularly care for the rest. The only slightly annoying thing for me about Switch is the massive amount of WiiU recycling they’re doing. As one of the five people who owned a WiiU that’s a bit of a slap in the face.

2 Likes

The way I see it, those Wii U games are getting a second wind. When you consider the fact that the Wii U sold 13 million worldwide in it’s four years it’s not hard to think a lot of people might have missed those games. If Mario Maker, Super Mario 3D World and Tokyo Mirage Sessions can be ported over then the Wii U can be scrubbed from memory.

3 Likes

Sony is really scraping the bottom of the barrel by including Jumping Flash as part of the 20 PlayStaion Mini games. I think scalpers are going to be disappointed with its resale value.

HA!

parody account but still LOL

I swear if there is an XBox Micro coming I’ll lose it.

1 Like

Wow…there are far more people triggered by that comment than expected

Another quick reminder…tgs officially kicks off tomorrow.

As long as the primary switch is offline then the gamesharing switch can play games

Technically, you can do that on PS4 as well, and probably X1 too.

Preorders for the PlayStation Classic are up on GameStop. They do not charge you until the item ships

Also available at Best Buy if you don’t want to go through GameStop. BestBuy charges you immediately but refunds you within a week.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-classic-console/6301601.p?skuId=6301601

These comments are gold.

“Less Games,
Less Features,
Less Fun!”

“So basically get ready to pay to play the games you were already playing for free.”

“This is literally the first time I ever disliked a Nintendo video.”

:rofl:

Kudos to them for implementing an online paywall AFTER their system has been on the market for a while. Good shit. Definitely a pro-consumer move by Nintendo there. A smart, forward-thinking move for sure. :rofl:

2 Likes

Devil Engine looks freaking sick

2 Likes

Red Dead Online details

Thq nordic aquires Alone in the Dark and Act of War

1 Like

Alone in the Dark being saved. Today is a great day

NPD for August 2018

So Hardware wise it isn’t really clear who was at the top for August. I had to do some digging since IGN said it was Switch and then a Playstation site said it was PS4. It wasn’t actually in the NPD report above but a tweet from the NPD guy above says it was Switch so gonna go with that.

All the consoles apparently did really well and so far PS4 is still the top console in overall sales for the year.

So crazy thing about the top 20 software…Monster Hunter World jumped all the way up to #2 just because the game got released on PC. That’s pretty damn crazy. Madden apparently has done really well as in it hasn’t done this well since 2003 apparently.

Top 20:
Dat Madden 19, Monster Hunter: World, Rainbow Six: Seige, GTA V (STILL GOING), Mario Kart 8, Naruto to Boruto: Shinbi Striker (people actually went and bought this?..wonder how long that will last), God of War (back in the top 10), CoD: MW2 (dat xbone BC), LoZ: BotW (coming back eh?), Super Mario Odyssey, Minecraft (climbing back up), Crash N.Sane Trilogy, Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter: GU (not bad), CoD WWII, Mario Tennis Aces, Overwatch, Lego The Incredibles, We Happy Few, The Crew 2.

Octopath Traveler seems have dropped off the face of the Earth apparently.

Top 10 Best selling of 2018:
Far Cry 5, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Madden NFL 19, GTA V, CoD: WWII, DBFZ, Mario Kart 8, NBA 2K18, Super Mario Odyssey

Top 10 Best selling games of last 12 months
CoD: WWII, NBA 2K18, Destiny 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Far Cry 5, Star Wars: Battlefront II, Dat Madden 18, Ass Creed Origins, God of War, FIFA 18

Top 10 Xbone:
Dat Madden 19, Rainbow Six Siege, GTA V, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Crash N.Sane Trilogy (still selling well on this platform? surprising), Overwatch, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker (made top 10 on this platform?), Far Cry 5 , CoD WWII, Star Wars Battlefront II

Top 10 PS4
Dat Madden 19, God of War, Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker (well I suppose if it sold that much on Xbone…), GTA V, Rainbow Six: Siege, Horizon Zero Dawn (heeeeeeyyyyyy!), Detroit: BH, Far Cry 5, MLB 18, We Happy Few (why did I think this game was M$ exclusive?)

Switch top 10
Mario Kart 8, LoZ: BotW, Super Mario Odyssey, Monster Hunter: GU (nice), Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler (well at least it’s still selling), Splatoon 2, DKC: TF (still selling!), Captain Toad: TT, Minecraft

3DS top 10
Pokemon US, WarioWare: Gold (heard pretty good things about this game), Pokemon UM, Mario Kart 7, SSB, SM3DL, Minecraft, Captain Toad: TT, Super Mario Maker, Mario Party: The Top 100