Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I can care less about the state of the whole fighting game scene.

Other than Melee is gone that is

I really wish more people played this game.

1 Like

Community gotta come and hype the game up. If they can’t be a main game then they gotta show off the game as a side event. Is anybody doing a side event for evo?

Fighting EX Layer is my favorite fighting game of this gen and is the most fun I’ve had with an FG since the 90’s and PS2 era.

There’s a discord for the game. I also have the game on both PS4 and Steam, so if you want to get rekt by my VULCANO Rosso, Shadow Geist, Kairi or Allen let me know. :facepunch:

1 Like

Its weird, FEXL just didn’t hold my attention. Still feels like the old ps1 games with updated graphics.

It feeling like the old games is why I like it so much. It’s an old mans fighter through and through. It’s a high damage game, it’s fast-paced sprinkled with some footsies and Gougi shenanigans on top.

Sharon and Area are going to be releasing for free(FREE DLC CHARACTERS IN THIS DAY AND AGE? WHAT IS THIS?) but Terry will cost $$$ for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

It’s not just the damage. You can set up some legit “walls” in FEXL that you just can’t in other games.

1 Like

sigh I really need to get an external hard drive now, I’m not gonna have room for all these games.

Is SonicAbid still here?
I’m about to Jam to some Path of Exiles when it launches to PS4 next week.

Edit: lol he’s like 2 posts above me. This layout is such ass

Also, MK11 hype of course

1 Like

So what if that new female character in the P5R announcement is actually a female MC?

1 Like

Gotta be, she has the same red eyes as him

2 Likes

Streets of Rage 4 and Winjammers 2 are gonna be at PAX East this coming weekend.

5 Likes

Seemed pretty obvious thats what they are going for. Pullin a P3P.

1 Like

Forgot they were doing a Windjammers 2.

:thinking:

POG

yS: VIII was fucking amazing. This looks great too.

Haha good shit man. It’s the GOAT in it’s genre and I have it open right now. :rofl:

I’m here sometimes, though I spend more time in Shafts discord.

1 Like

Adventues in Anthem

sheeeeit, I’ve run through the “Tyrant Mine” stronghold in Anthem so many times now it’s insane…heh, it’s still fun being the “real MVP” in so many of those with randoms…the one I played earlier today was like a non-stop highlight reel for me…getting all the echoes, never got downed, setting up combos, etc. I should’ve timed it; we got through that shit super-fast (probably around 12 to 15 minutes I’m guessing) and to toot my own horn here… I was the primary reason for that shit. (immediately when the “echoes” show up I’m already headed towards them; often I’m the main person getting all of them so we quickly move on to the next phase.)
This is on Grandmaster 1 of course… Grandmaster 2 is still a bit rough, imo…it takes a much longer time to kill anything, and of course they all do way more damage to you.

Colossus is “Masterwork” level at this point and straight up GOD mode, man. If I’m playing Colossus the enemies on G1 difficulty are a joke at this point…the other day we were fighting that spider-tank looking boss with tons of enemies…I was able to just take the shots from that tank like it wasn’t shit…I don’t even need to hold the shield up that often :rofl: this character is SO goddamn ridiculous I love it.

Say hello to SRK’s newest OW and AOW certified diver Captain purbeast of the USS Kittiwake.

15 Likes

Wow, I wasn’t expecting to see the Kittiwake pop up on SRK. Congrats on your certs. I was just a few minutes away from there earlier today swimming with my family off of our property (the cove next to Lobster Pot). It’s a small world.

2 Likes

Can’t stand Super Metroid but I love speed runs even more so when they’re races

EX Layer doesnt feel like EX.

I used to play EX, and then of course EXL right when it came out, but there was a tounrnament yesterday in SFEX2 There were some Japanese, Min and other New Yorkers, so I played.

Air to air stuff felt the same, but nothing on the ground felt the same, except faking people with late ass superXsupers. I thought it would feel the same, hell, I remembered it being the same, just without chain combos, but it’s not.