Vid Clips of SFA3 V-ism Character VC's on Youtube

Good work. I like the Rolento standnig Roundhouse ->sj -> walk cancel combo especially

Yeah I think that was like a once in a lifetime thing. I must have timed the loops perfectly or something because I haven’t been able to recreate it to date.

Oh and you should post up links to your combos too. I saw the one of T.Hawk you made on youtube and it looked pretty good to me.

That’s the one we (in the sfa3 sticky thread) were trying to figure out why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. I think the consensus was that the opponent had to stick out an air attack in order for you to be able to continue after the sweep.

It’s the only way he can get good initial damage before meter ends, AFAIK.

let’s see some Dan & Charlie

Even if Charlie can command dash ahead of his Sonic Boom, it’s not by much. Maybe with pushblock you can get WAY ahead of the FB and do some interesting split combo. I mean even if this proves to be a viable setup for every FB character, that doesn’t mean that they have an interesting way of taking advantage of it. Haha it’s like i’m trying to ease my guilt by telling myself that this can of worms is not that big.

As for the Rolento sweep followups, isn’t that just an issue of landing anti-air sweep as opposed to anti-ground sweep? It seems to be the same deal as Cody/Chun being able to juggle after their anti-air sweeps even though their anti-ground sweeps follow the same “no juggles allowed after sweeps” rule as everyone else in A3.

It also depends on which air attack they use. For the most part, jumping kicks allow it and punches don’t it seems. But, there are lots of jumping kicks that won’t allow it as well. I think the downward pointing ones are the most reliable? Must have something to do with their hitbox or something.

You know how sometimes you do a low attack against a crossup, and they bounce off it into the air? It’s those kind of attacks. Anything airborne that can be hit by a low move I think. Also works against Vega’s claw roll.

maj: Exactly, but the opponent has to do an attack that lets them be anti-air’ed by the sweep. Since Cody/Chun’s sweeps hit higher than the ground, they can do it easily.

Actually I dunno about split combos. I’m sure they’re possible, but that’s just crazy talk. I don’t even know where to begin.

Doing shit with the last frame of Dhalsim’s JP fireball, that’d be some shit.

Err I’d appreciate it greatly if u could upload those vids onto Rapidshare, MegaUpload or such, cuz I’d want to watch them at home & understand them quicker.

Go here to find out how to save youtube vids

I had an idea I was thinking of doing, when I (if ever) got a capture card was to do a tutorial on V-Ism. Explaining things like neutral states, the different activations, pop tricks and things like that. But with this collection turning out great maybe you should do it, it would deffinatly add something to them all to make it fully complete.

What happens on the last frame of Dhalsim’s LP fireball?

By split combos i meant stuff like that one Sai-Rec N-Terry combo where he runs way ahead of his LP fireball then does s.HP xx QCB+LK then the FB connects then he runs up and does s.HP xx super or whatever.

Tutorial? I’d just write it in plain text and link to screen caps. I think multiple still frames with cliffnotes are suffice.

Actually yeah, I know what you meant by split combos. I just don’t know where to begin.

And Dhalsim’s JP fireball just sort of 'hangs" in the air at the edge of the screen. I was thinking of a scenario like :

sim JP fireball, air teleport, Rose reflects, turns around JP, dhalsim pushblocks and teleports back the other way, Rose does jump crossup combo that pushes Sim into the reflected fireball at the very last frame, Rose continues combo.

Or something equally silly, assuming it’s possible… I haven’t tested anything yet.

thanks, really

If you want to save youtube videos use this: http://www.youtubex.com/

EDIT: Good stuff Xeno!

i would like to see dan… lol… dan is the greatest… and Juli wouldn’t hurt…

it’s all about rog.

Update: Added Dhalsim.

You guys’ requests are enqueue: Chun, Charlie, Dan, Juli

Update: Added Dan.

Update: Added 2 more combos to the Dan vid (new link, check first post).

My apologies for the incomplete older version.

Requesting Guile!!!

Xenozip pwns, we gotta play A3 sometime man, Im away for the summer but I’ll be back in NoVa after evo.