Ventura County Thread

Yo to all that know me and hello to those who don’t, my name is Jerry and i feel like having all the best fighters of the 805 area in one location on Saturday nights, at Seths Games and Anime shop in Ventura. They have been holding these SF (3rd Strike and AE) tourneys for some time now. Entry fee is a measly $5 per tournament. If the turnout is big enough they hand out cash prizes to the winners. Come show your skills amongst your fellow SF players, have fun and maybe win some cash while you’re at it! haha. Bonus: I’ll be awarding the winner(s) a set of brand mutha fuckin new Sanwa buttons of your color choice!!! So every Saturday night at Seth’s Games and Anime in Ventura around 8pm (usually). Show up, Throw down, win money, get bitches!!! I’ll be bringing my A game because im sooooo M.S.F. RANK!!! Seth’s Games and Anime is located at :

[LEFT]2379 East Main Street
Ventura, CA 93003-2601[/LEFT]

Game on, kids.

Is 3s on a cab or ps2/3, dc, xbox/360? Seth’s games and Ralph’s comic corner share the same space right? Ralph’s used to have a ST cab, gone last time I stepped in the store, maybe a few years ago.

1 have a 3s cab but its not going to be played here its going to be on ps3 or xbox’s

Will AE be played on PS3? I use pad and I play like a 5 year old on xbox :rofl:

Hey, for anyone organizing, I can bring an extra PS3.

I’m not going to be there today but it’s shaping up to be a great event!

The primary system will be ps3 and if you would like bring anything as far as sticks, systems, tv’s etc. Bring them!!

Good luck to all competing.

Well, that was an interesting event. Ended up only running SSF4 due to lack of interest in the other games. No worries. Sixteen man bracket.

1. Alex Madrigal (RY)
  2. Constantino Jaramillo (ZA)
  3. Jerry Masters (BA)
  4. Mark Tran (DE/CO)

If I missed anything in terms of who used what character on that list, please let me know. Also, thanks to you guys for staying close for me to find so we could run things properly.

In the future, I’m curious. Tourneys are awesome and all, but perhaps nights devoted to casuals for learning shite, a la WNF? What do you guys think?

Well, the earlier people arrive the more casual time there could be before. I suppose having a set up or two for exclusively casuals would do the trick. Maybe it’s time to get some cheap tube tv’s off craigslist!

Hey yo. Are we on for tonight, guys? Or should I just go and watch the fight tonight instead?

Name: Bryan
XBL: gameDOOD92
PSN: Eternal_Wolf
games for xbox: ssf4ae, bbcs2, mvc3
games for ps3: arcana heart 3
games for pc: vanguard princess, touhou hisoutensoku

Always looking to up my game! Let me know if anyone wants to set up a lobby for training, I’ll play anything.

Eternal, if you haven’t already. You should check out Seth’s on Saturdays for casuals/ tournies.

Do they play SSF4? Also, what system do they play on?

Seth’s usually has a PS3 and a 360 that can run. And yes, SSF4 runs here.

Okay, so, I’ve heard rumors about a big LAN center in Ventura, something called The Arena, or something of that sort. Can anyone shed light on this?

hmm would you be talking about the Armory? some SRK peeps used to meet up there a long time ago.

Sounds like it, I guess.

Anyone going to seth’s today? last weeks turnout was terrible.

Hey guys, come to Seth’s in ventura tonight. I’m bringing my 360 w/ marvel and ae and two of my friends so we’ll have 3 sticks to play on if you need one. We will be there at around 8:40 and I’m not sure how long we’re gonna stick around.

I think I’m going tonight. Hope to see some of you there

Chipman??? Are you that fucking Cody that’s always kicking my Vega’s ass online? Lol so you’re local…