Ventura County Thread

Yeah, There used to be some strong players at VC but the majority of them are gone, but there is still some decent comp. There may be some people back this semester so we’ll see. Since school starts tomorrow

im moving to Port Hueneme on sunday. i dont have xbl atm since im short on funds due to school but i’ll be back on sometime by the end of sept or sooner.

Handle: Ozzy (or Oz)
Name: Oswaldo
PSN: axlbomber
XBL: Mr Karate
Currently Playing: sf4, bbcs2, guilty gear, marvel 3, mk9, 3s, kof13, cvs2, ah3.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663383364

oh nice, where are you going to school? wee should play sometime.

csuci.

Name: Khanh
XBL: Hideo117
Currently Playing: SSF4 AE and maybe 3rd strike.

Tomorrow is the first Thursday Throw Down! We are going to have two setups. One PS3, and one 360.

What time are you guys starting, again? I may be able to make it out once I’m done with work. I’ll keep my stick in my work vehicle, just in case.

It is going to be between 10:00 AM and 3 PM or so, it could run later though. We’ll see how the turn out is.

Yesterday went well, about ten people showed up and we had some good games!

Let me know if anyone in the Ventura area is down to play some offline MK or SF. I should be out of work by 6 every day this week, and have next Tuesday and Wednesday off. Don’t really care about skill level or if it’s tourney, casual, whatever. Can’t host, just wanna play!

Is the VC Fights thing still going? I might be able to go this week if it is…

Yes, you should try and make it out! And that goes for anyone in this thread!

BUMP

Events list updated with new event! Saturday game night and tournaments at Seth’s Games and Anime in Ventura.

Saturday sounds good, hopefully will be able to make it out to that. Any general idea what games will be played and how many usually show up?

Name: Chris
Xbox: Yuri Goggles
Currently Playing: Marvel 3, Actress Again

I’m glad to know there is a fight scene here in VC. Nice to meet you all. So, this Saturday?

Handle: Goldio
Name: Doug
Xbox: Goldio
Currently Playing: MvC3, 3rd Strike, Melee

I’m not sure if this is the right place but i see alot of you guys are in the Camarillo Oxnard area so i figured it would be good to talk to some of you. Me and a couple of my friends have been regularly getting together and training, and are looking to push it into some sort of weekly. We travel out to Wednesday Night Fights at Super Arcade but it’s over an hour away and is tournament with a very low chance of playing casuals. Right now we are looking at doing a weekly for thursday (although this day is up for debate) and are kind of just looking to get a head count. My best friend is an RA at CSUCI and has mentioned he could get me a good sized room (20-30 people could fit in there well) without a charge for venue if i could get him some numbers of people who would actually attend.

The games we would most likely play would be MvC3 (UMvC3 upon release), SSF4 AE (AE 2012 upon release), 3rd strike, and possibly BBcs2 and MK9.

So if this at all sounds interesting to you guys, just PM me here or on Xbox live or send me an email - Goldio00@yahoo.com, and i will also be posting this in the Socal marvel 3 and AE threads. Hope to hear from you guys.

And if this wasn’t a good place to post it I’m sorry, If you guys weren’t doing your thing saturday i would try to make it.

A Thursday thing? Possibly.

@chipman: last weekend there was a 12 man tourney for ssf4. And if there is enough interest for any game people will play it at least casually.

@Goldio: Yes, you’ve come to the right place. A weekly gathering sounds great! I am shooting you an email.

Handle:C.laz
Name:Christian
PSN:
XBL:ShinNero
Currently Playing:MvC3, SS4AE

Thursday at 8 could be doable. Or if you wanted to do a Friday thing to end the week, maybe.

Also, who’s planning trips to WNF? I might be interested in going with some of you cats. I can chip in for gas money, too, and help with strats.