Vega Q&A Thread

If you’re looking for an answer to a specific question about Vega, this is the place to ask. And if you know a lot about Vega, swing by here from time to time to help answer the questions!

=== NOTE: If you want to become the OP for this thread so you can maintain the top post to aggregate the thread’s information here, contact me via the SRK messaging system and I will be able to convert you to become the OP for this thread. ===

Havent played since beta but did Vega lose his qcf-k off of claw swap? I cant seem to do it.

Is Vega slide capable of being spaced safely?

From heavy attacks, yes - from mediums…highly doubt it…and from lights, I’d say definitely not.

How to use st.hk to fish out crush counters? Vega’s st.hk cannot hit crouched opponents.

Vega’s crush counter game is pretty weak - unless your opponent jumps in at a distance where St.HK works. At high level I wouldn’t expect them to jump at that range.
Fishing for a crush counter in the ground game with st.HK is a big gamble as it will most likely whiff and leave you in recovery.

From my experience from 4 years of playing IV I will be honest any say that if it doesn’t hit crouchers it is ultimately super useless. 99% of all reversal normals are from a crouching position. You’ll just set yourself up for despair trying to counter hit stuff your move won’t even connect with.

You’re much better off fishing for frame traps with claw st. HP. A counter hit claw st. HP xx claw removal links into c. mk which links into target combo, and this will always hit because HP hits crouchers AND forces stand.

Counter hit c. mk also combos into st. HP which has a bevy of combo options.

But yeah, so far I haven’t used st. HK to effect. Seems slow and ultimately as af0 said largely designed for anti airs if you can be in a good enough position to connect with it.

Is mk overhead really unsafe on block ? LOL Don’t me it is.

Any tips for survival on hard? I know Ken can just spam M DPs, anything we can abuse?

During training against level 8 CPU, dash GID after a knock down always worked. FBA always forced the CPU to block so you get free ID. If the AI pattern is the same on survival, then you can force it into these AI patterns pretty easy.

You mean FBA toward them or toward your wall? They don’t anti air it?

Didn’t matter. They wouldn’t AA. I’m not sure about survival mode, but training CPU Level 8 would always stand there.

I saw that the frame data was added. Do the claw normals have longer start up than the clawless versions or is the data the same for both?

Just tried. They randomly AA and randomly crouch in the firat few levels. GID gets stuffed sometimes too :confused:

Does anyone know if they can make use of Vega’s j.lk as a cross up? I was hoping I could use it to land a st.fp xx declaw to TC but I can’t get it to work. :tdown:

Don’t be so ambitious, haha! The best you can land is cr.MK into whatever, depending on stance, or just do st.LK into cr.LP into light roll.

Yeah, you’re probably right! st.LK into cr.LP into light roll sounds like good idea.

Does anyone know if LK - c.LP has more or less effective combo range than c.LP x2, BH and Claw mode? I think c.LK - c.LP has the most pushback.

What are some bonuses of mid-combo Claw switch? I don’t hear much besides comboing after St.HP but there must be more. Does it make certain things safe?

It doesn’t make things safe per se, but with clawed HP, you can use it to mix up and go into his Izuna Drop.

When you get people thinking they can try to mash out of your claw switch and hit you (which they COULD), mix it up with Claw HP xx LP Aurora Slash Edge (hits low) and hitconfirm to CA.

OH! One note. Clawed HP xx stance switch, Izuna Drop will defeat some V-Reversals.