Vega General Thread: The Masked Narcissist Enters The Tournament

http://i.imgur.com/YGIQo4Y.png

From Capcoms artist Akiman. Tell me it doesn’t look amazing.

No use in asking here though. Capcom Probably only checks capcomunity

don’t like that

But a less heavy one SC3Mitsu-style, it look good

They’re both based off musashi who had a wild man beard

That’s a boy’s beard. We need a man’s beard.

This is the superior choice.

Japanese chara designers give the main protagonist a full brodude beard?
I doubt, they probably want keep Ryu on the kinda-young/cool side

In jap chara design they tend to associate that full beard from middle age to older, is’nt a case Mitsu got his full beard in SCV with the 17years flashforward

Ryu will probably get his beard in some future game where he’s the veteran and they have a new poster boy

Ryu is probably in his early 30s in SF5, so the beard will come sooner rather than later.

Also they will NEVER have a new poster boy in a main entry Street Fighter again. Ryu isn’t Liu Kang, Ryu is the first fucking man of fighting.

Hoping for late 30’s in SF5; he’s mid- for 3S.

Really? I always assumed he was in his early 20s during SF1 and then Alpha, then he was in his mid-late 20s during SF2/SF4. He would be like 30-34 in SF3 and I’m hoping SF5 takes place after that. If it does take place after SF3 I think it will be like SF4 and take place about a year after so he would still qualify as early to mid 30s - kinda. At most I would give him 36-37 in SFV.

If we manage to see Mel in SFV, we will more accurately gauge the timeline and see how much it changed or remained faithful to the old canon.

Yes really. Ryu’s early 20’s for SF1, mid-20’s by the time the Zero series finishes, pushing 30 come SF2 then the SF4 era, and finally mid-30’s during the epilogue of the SF3 era. So yeah I’d like him at 37 for SF5; that would be a good time transition gap for him to have become older, wiser, and of course stronger.

Indeed if Mel shows up we will, he’s how we can gauge how much time passed from SF2 to 2I and by extension 3S. Hoping he’ll be around 7 if he does appear.

Is’nt about age, you can have easily a beard in your 20’s, current Ryu is probably on his from 30 to 35s

Is about Jap chara design, in that context give him a full beard is like admit he’s old wich i doubt they will allow

Early 30s is still ok for a protagonist, but kinda pushing the limits for theyr VG/anime/manga perspective

Is’nt a case they never considered give him one (full beard) in all these concepts, the closest it’s actually that Mitsu style shadow-beard on the up-right one or little chin-beards (lol, not even in the ugly botton-left ones where he look 50s)

Under the japanese chara design process i see unlikely something like this

Because as jap chara design will be like declare that Ryu is now a middle age man (even if watching the pic he just look like a young man with a beard), wich for the japanese audience will make him less suitable as “cool protagonist”

Again, as canon 1p design he will probably never touch his 40s/veteran appearance until they found a young “new Ryu/protagonist”

Again, Mitsu’s aging design is a good example, of what kind of safety net they want before made a ptotagonist too old for theyr public… first truly 40s/old/veteran happened in SCV where there is a 17 years jump, Sieg as new 30something badass and Patroklos as new 20something cool protagonist

I remember once **HAOHMARU **

I never really liked Ryu to aged to have white hair… Ryu feels like a scavenger before in the early SF2 but when zero showed a more ties and connection between ken and sakura… I really the idea that Ken and Sakura assist or teach him with hygiene like he had a hair cut and a dyed hair (like blue and brown)… As for the beard i like to see in the next later 2 games like SFVii for him to have some minor bits facial hair left overs from shaving as a main model. IMHO

He already has minor facial hair

I know his eyebrows are huge, but that is not what we mean by facial hair.

He got his 4 hair on the chin back in SF2 :smiley:

I really like the original face special the SF2 version ^

SF2 Ryu was a tranny lol

They saved him in CE and Super

http://www.gamespek.com/imagenes/articulos/guias/arcade/sf2t/ryu.gif

[details=Spoiler]and killed him again years later in SF4 artworks, lol

[/details]

SF4 ryu looked like the SF2WW with a hair cut.

I really miss that hair through… they have the same hairs style with Guy in the old sf art.

I thought he had hairs on his chin in his sfv model

Does anyone else miss Ryu’s SF3 bag? It was a trivial and purely aesthetic but it was also a really nice touch that added a lot of character. I wish they would bring it back in SFV and have it lay there in the stage background during fights.