Vega General Thread: The Masked Narcissist Enters The Tournament

For now everyone V-Skill can only be done on the ground, i think Capcom doesn’t want to affect balancing either.

Thanks for the info. I know it’s definitely too early, but i’m kinda disappointed by this version of Ryu at the moment. Especially for the lack of cross-up properties on the air tatsu and for the short range of cmk and chk. I guess we should wait and see…

Still pissed they removed the new/third throw, it was awesome

I missed it, what kind of throw was that?

First build, looked awesome

It was cool if they keept it as third/neutral throw

I like how ryu’s parry works. Has it’s flaws but at the same time rewards those who can use it effectively. Can’t abuse it to the point of derp, but it’s risk/reward value is good.

Does anyone know what it says about Ryu on the stats screen? Like the screen with the big “VS” before a match.

I’m trying to read the text and as it scrolls it says something about the desert?

It says he likes a particular japanese desert.

When will Ryu ever get a chance to deal with his homosexuality? They need to hook him up with a bf instead of having him walk from one fight to the next.

It says he likes martial arts and mizu youkan, which is a jellied red bean paste.

@Killey do you know how to do Ryu’s new HK command normal? It’s basically his previous close s.HK but I’ve seen it used far range.

I listed in under the command normals section of my breakdown. It’s just b+RH.

Agree. Air Tatsu should imo have cross up capabilities, otherwise what real purpose is their to Air tatsu. More then that it was never game breaking so it should be implemented before the final version arrives. C.mk and C.fk having shorter range is a big thumbs down especially when you factor in how these attacks can now be punished. C.fk in my opinion looks like you could punish it blindfolded.

On another part, it’s just really frustrating that Ryu is the character that they use to develop All of their Anti-Fireball tactics on. It’s starting to remind me of Daigo’s own statement and frustration about SF4 in that every Anti-Fireball scheme was only really built to beat the Ryu fireball setups, and not the rest of the other projectile cast members. So where as some of these Anti-Fireball tactics may work on someone like Sagat only, the majority of them will work on Ryu however. Come on now.

In SF:V Ryu as an overall character definitely looks solid, but I don’t want him to just be solid or mediocre, simply because he’s supposed to be the “jack of all trades” character. He should be made to be a very strong character, because even when Ryu was one of the best, or the best in the legitimate SF series, he’s never been game breaking due more mostly for the fact that he’s always relied upon great fundamentals and not gimmicks.

ryu is the character they use to balance sf games. thats why all the dumb shit works on him

My girlfriend thinks there’s a whole lot of sexual tension between Ryu and Ken.
I mean, look at this shit:

Can’t you see the desire and lust in their eyes?
Looks like they’re right about to kiss each other.
Mhm

That sexual tension is a very easy thing to see when you look at the issue psychologically. But FGC is still really homophobic regardless of the advancements in human rights. I don’t think such a twist would be welcomed by the community. Same goes for Gief.

Listen even if Ryu isn’t gay for Ken all the time, he was gay for him some of the time. I mean, those guys spent their horniest years together alone in a cabin in the woods training. Those nights can get real cold sometimes…

<3

If for some stupid reason he IS gay then I don’t want stupid non stop threads about it in any way shape or form. I didn’t need another

“OMG DID YOU HEAR THAT ONE LINE!!! KUNG JIN IS GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NO WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! MK’S FIRST GAY CHARACTER!!! LET’S MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT BECAUSE OF ONE LINE!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

I really don’t need that at the top of the boards. I facepalmed hard that day…never again…ever.

He needs a beard!!

And how do you do that shoryuken shown in the early trailers where he juggles them and hits them again in the air like a shin shoryu

Yes, he does.