Use the f*cking roundtrip glitch

I don’t know if this is your specific problem, but when I was learning it I would often release round trip too late because I was reacting to my st.H hitting rather than anticipating it.Try just releasing a little earlier than you’ve been doing, just assume that your move is going to connect rather than reacting to the hitstop.

Off of st.H, stinger, upper slash, and j.H round trip glitch is extremely easy do to the sheer amount of hitstop that these moves have, making the window fucking huge.

Quit settling for “fine.” If something gives you an advantage and you can get reliable with practice THEN JUST FUCKING PRACTICE!

Roundtrip glitch is one of the easier things to do in this game… Nothing impractical about it

Besides if you mess up and lose your charge you can see Vergil’s arm is not glowing anymore or you can always throw on spiral swords to keep them locked down

Its reliable enough that I do it 3 times on a rapid slash confirm now. Hell, I do it without really even thinking about it anymore, and I wouldnt classify my execution as a flawless work of art.

Considering how much it opens up for the character when it comes to meter build, pressure and lockdown, and style (if you care) there’s really no reason not to learn it. I can imagine it would be tough online, but well, online.

My online vergil does not combo, I strictly used round trip glitch even if I score a hit just because it’s too fun

Truly the grimiest player.

Yeah. I’ve got to get back up to snuff to challenge the grimy bastard online one of these days. I feel like it’s my duty since I have no need to fear his bionic arms :open_mouth:

meh, Viper sucks online… My team doesn’t get serious till it’s Vergil/Strider

Indeed. So we’ll be even.

Your Viper, Vergil, Strider Vs. my Maya, Dante, Hiryu (Totally two different teams… mmhmm). Hell… the matchup only makes sense :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the roundtrip glitch?

[media=youtube]YleKwJfCWWs[/media]

You can use assist to cover both the throw, and gap’s between round trip hits to have a strong lockdown/Chip setup. In the same case, RT glitch amplifies combo’s allowing for more meter gain and damage.

[media=youtube]qwg3g0917B8[/media]
Example of the RT glitch used in a combo.

So I’ve been in training mode for the past hour and I’ve only managed to get this about 3 times. Any tips you guys can give me other than practice, like visual indicators?

^this would be good having similar problems, i can only get it consistently off stinger. a break down video of when to release in each normal? not like he has that many.

^^It’s literally just “during the hitstop of your normal” guys. When to release on each normal would just be…when the normal hits.

A breakdown video might be whats called for. Sadly, I lack recording equipment. Either way, it’s still just one of those things that are a lot more simple then it’s perceived.

For those having trouble, you could quite possibly be doing it “too fast.”

Try doing it by using M or H to charge and do it during the near imperceptible hitstop of L. I could do it for 10 reps that way long before I could do it with any other button.

If you still can’t get it… meh… you don’t honestly NEED to know how to do it imo.

This shit is pretty cheap. I learned it in about 10 mins of practice in training mode. Since this is my first time playing the game it’s pretty simple. You have to get a feel for it. Visually? You’ll need your own way of finding out. But physically your body will remember it once you continue to hit it correctly off of a rhythm. It’s very easy once you figure out your rhythm off of M, into H, try a 3 tap sound. Example your first two taps are M,H right after the H hits release L but then tap L again to hold the charge but it’ll also continue your rhythm. I hope this helps out in some way. From there hitting it off of combos will be the tricky part.

Rt glitch is easy . Its like the easiest version of bridgets yoyo glitch from ggxxac. I’ve Bern using it in combos consistently for a week now. I also re optimized spiral swords reps with it. Gonna record it when I get a chance.

Also its easier in combos than doing it on block.

Using stand s to start the glitch makes it almost undroppable
Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

So, lots of talk about how hard and not viable it is(n’t), but almost nothing about practical applications.

We should be finding better BnBs, pressure strings, how to deal with people violently pusblocking and what counters exist to avoid getting mauled by them. There’s probably also good incoming setups given how BS standing :h: is.

The biggest problem is the roundtrip startup time, which is enough to give plenty of characters a viable option (how many frames is it?). Assists should cover this gap, so it’s not a big deal, but if you don’t leave a small gap between the round trip coming back and your teleport, you won’t have the same assist available for the next set…so this is a good time to RS -> Swords.

I’ve gotten blown up by cross-counter Haggar lariat. Since there are many assists that allow you to combo from a cross-counter, this is the main counter outside of XF I can see…it’s dangerous because some will convert into a happy birthday.

^^Actually assists still reset in continuous blockstun. If the opponent doesn’t pushblock you can get infinite blockstrings with the same assist and RT glitch (which is why we need better ways to punish pushblocking Q_Q)

Yeah because vergil isn’t broken enough as it is that he needs to be glitched as well. OP you’re fucking retarded sorry.