Urien Character-specific Corner Unblockable Thread

All right. I haven’t seen a thread dedicated to corner unblockables for all characters yet, so, since many people are confused as to what works on who, this should help!

Alex–
1.cr Fierce, lk tackle, lp sphere, lk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
2.(anti-air)mp sphere, lk tackle, lp sphere, lk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into character, dash, partition rh kneedrop*
*if you can’t do lk tackle, lp sphere, lk tackle on Alex, because of the timing, this is an easier setup

Akuma–
1.cr Fierce, mk tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle xx lp Aegis, whiff rh tackle, rh kneedrop
2.cr Fierce, mk tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into character, dash, partition rh kneedrop
3.(anti-air)mp or hp sphere, rh tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle, mk tackle xx Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop(max juggle limit)
*keep in mind that Akuma can just teleport out of these

Chun-Li–
1.cr Fierce, lk tackle, lp sphere, lk tackle xx Aegis, rh kneedrop or whiff rh tackle, rh kneedrop
*She has more, but this is easy, and the only one you should do

Dudley–
1.cr Fierce, lk tackle, lp sphere, lk tackle xx Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop. Strict timing required
2.cr Fierce, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into character, dash, partition rh kneedrop

Elena–
1.cr Fierce, lk tackle, lp sphere, lk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop or whiff rh tackle, rh kneedrop

Hugo–
1.cr Fierce, walkup lk tackle, cr Fierce (1 hit), lk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into
character, dash, partition rh kneedrop (thnx to Hol Horse for this one).
2.cr Fierce, walkup lk tackle, cr Fierce (1 hit), lk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
*Walkup tackle is just like it sounds, walk forward for a bit before pressing kick.

Ibuki–
1.cr Fierce, mk tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into character, dash, partition rh kneedrop
2.cr Fierce, ex tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
(max juggle limit)

Ken–
1.(anti-air)mp or hp sphere, rh tackle, mk tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, whiff rh tackle, rh kneedrop
2.cr Fierce, mk tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into character, dash, partition rh kneedrop
3.cr Fierce, mk tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
(max juggle limit)

Makoto–
1.cr Fierce, lk tackle, lp sphere, lk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop or whiff rh tackle, rh kneedrop

Necro–
2. Not technically an unblockable, but not very easy to escape, is to knock him down in the corner, perfect range being a neutral throw. Throw an ex Aegis, and do repeated rh kneedrops. You’ll see what I mean. Again, NOT AN UNBLOCKABLE, but if they can’t get out, some heavy damage.

Oro–
1.cr Fierce, mk tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
(max juggle limit)
2.cr Fierce, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into character, dash, partition rh kneedrop

Q–
1.cr Fierce, lk tackle, mp sphere(not jab), mk tackle, lk tackle, xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
*Easy to do, due to Q’s frame.

Remy–
1.(anti-air)mp or hp sphere, rh tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop(max juggle limit)
2.cr Fierce, mk tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into character, dash, partition kneedrop

Ryu–
1.cr Fierce, mk tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle xx lp Aegis, whiff rh tackle, rh kneedrop
3.(anti-air)mp or hp sphere, rh tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
(max juggle limit)

Sean–
3.(anti-air)mp or hp sphere, rh tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
(max juggle limit)

Twelve–
1.cr Fierce, lk tackle, lp sphere, lk tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
(kind of hard timing)
2.cr Fierce, mk tackle, mk tackle xx lp Aegis, jump into character, dash, partition kneedrop
(If timing two mk tackles off cr Fierce on Twelve is too hard, just do one)

Urien–
(easier if you dash back before whiff rh tackle)
(max juggle limit)

Yun & Yang–
1.cr Fierce, mk tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle xx lp Aegis, rh kneedrop, rh kneedrop
(max juggle limit)
(If two mk tackles off of cr Fierce against Yun or Yang is too hard, just do one)

This was all from memory, so if I made an error or something, please feel free to correct me!:clap:

For videos of all corner unblockables, go here http://page.freett.com/3rdwanted/.
These thanks to the Urien god himself, RX.

Enjoy people!

Kid tested, Mod approved.

N

Ahh, thank you sir.

May no Urien that needs to find a corner unblockable ever get lost again!

…unless he doesn’t go to SRK.

and for Chun Li/Makoto, when you do the corner unblockable and you do something like cr.fierce, tackle, lp aegis, whiff rh tackle, and then you wait and then do the RH kneedrop. What normals should you whiff until you do the RH knee drop? i know that if you max out the juggle limit, then you do two cr.mks and then do knee drop. But what if you do the whiff tackle instead? do you still do two mks?

oh what about midscreen ones? i know most of them but some i may not (like necro or remy). Can you just place the ppl in certain categories (like standard is for shotos, urien, chun, makoto)?

last thing, for Q, you can do cr.fierce, lk tackle, mp sphere, RH tackle.

thank you for this

a whole fucking lot

After whiffing the rh tackle, I’m sure you get at least one cr forward, but not positive you get two. So…that means the kneedrop way is more efficient:tup:

Remy is a normal dash headbutt unblockable, it works on him.

Necro is a pain in that alot of times, when I tackle him into the reflector, instead of going in the same direction so I can dash headbutt, the son of a bitch bounces in the other direction, effectively owning my unblockable:sad: . Oh well, it still works, but not by any means solid.

As far as Q goes, I suppose you could do that. I’ve heard it works, not 100% sure.

No problem man. IMO, this should have been done even before I got a membership to srk by someone else, like Emphy. But oh well. I plan on doing one for unblockables midscreen, but first…Navy boot camp around the corner!(tomorrow I ship out), so I can’t do it for at least probably 3 months. But I will.

shank you very much

for chun Li, whenever i do cr.fierce, lk tackle, lp fireball, lk tackle, lp aegis, when i do the knee drop, it still hits her for some reason. Shouldn’t the juggle limit be maxed out from that combo? How can Chun Li still get hit by the kneedrop?

Well, that combo isn’t that good anyway. On Chun, you can do c.fierce, LK tackle, MP sphere, HK tackle, MK tackle xx aegis into unblockable. Plus she gets up really slow, so just use HK tackle to push her in. But if you really want to do the kneedrop one, it won’t hit her if you do what I just said. It also works on Necro.

Also, anywhere that Cyte said to do LP sphere then LK tackle, you can do MK tackle instead. And on Q, c.fierce, LK tackle, HP sphere, HK tackle, HK tackle xx aegis is the most damaging unblockable setup.

Do the last tackle as late as possible.

Has nothing to do with timing. The combo is only 5 hits technically, since the super hit doesn’t count in your combo. Theres only 5 hits going off, I find that it’s easier to just do a late tackle instead of the kneedrop since the timing is pretty strict.

You might as well fill this page with every type of corner unblockable Urien can do to each character. So new kats coming here can learn the easy ones but also any vets can come here and see the more complex corner unblockables. I can seend a few to you if you dont know to many, that way u can edit it.

msg me

J-Cole

i have a question about the walking charge partition; how do you do it? I watched this combo video by RX on Q and he did a walking partition knee. How? tips would be appreciated. thx

RagingStorm, after charge, you can take one step forward and then hit the button and shoulder will come out.

The way partition works, is imagine you have 1/2 a second to do anything (jump, take a step forward, do a standing attack etc) then you immediately have to pull the controller back to save the charge.

This thread is win. My hat’s off to the author.

:tup: Thank you. I plan on putting the more complicated versions of combos up there in the near future as well.

Damn Navy taking all my time. Plus no competition that I know of in Virginia Beach:sad:

Oh well, I will make sure this list stays up to date with tha best

I just wanted to add some comboes I found in training mode. I dont think you have these up. They’re not the most effective but they still work.

do (midscreen) cr.fierce, mk tackle, XX fp aegis, Rh tackle, XX fp aegis, RH tackle (it goes through the second aegis), dash, dash, f + mk.

(for shotos, chun li and makoto) In corner cr.fierce, mk tackle, XX lp aegis, d, u RH, then do a cr.jab and do d, u RH again. It’s not really efficient but I thought I’d throw it out there.

question about the lp sphere after the short tackle?

on chun and makoto, theres no problem with it (except for a strong sphere on chun-li)…but on alex and dudley, whenever i do the sphere after the recovery of the tackle nothing comes out…am i doing it too early? because if i do it a split second late then the sphere would just whiff

The timing is tighter than hell. So much so that it’s almost not worth trying, as you can just st. Fierce after the tackle for damage, or st. strong to reset. I don’t bother unless I’m feeling really confident in the match, and that’s never against Dudley or Alex:)

Practice makes perfect, but it’s still hard. GL