University of California, Irvine: Tuesday Night Casuals

Alright, I included a directory in the first post. You no longer have to scroll all the way down to read up on certain information. Instead, click on the links provided at the top of the first post.

Also, there was a suggestion made regarding our Swiss format that I’d like to incorporate for this week’s event: we’re going to do a cut-off. Instead of declaring the top 2 players from the Swiss rounds our winners, we’re going to pull the top 4 players and place them in a single-elimination, best 2 out of 3 bracket. The finalists will then receive prizes accordingly (70/30 spilt). This suggestion is contingent on the amount of time we have left during the event and is subject to change. Let us know what you think.

…Oh, and one last thing. Rumor has it that we might have a guest from out-of-state, who came for NCR, attend our event this week (6/22 - MvC3). So definitely come out this week, folks!

Do I need to pre register for Marvel on Wednesday?

Guess I just did. :smiley:

I will be there…oh yes…I will be there…

Pre-reg:
Marn
NerdJosh

Pre-reg:

Binkley
Temjin Alpha

Pre-reg:
Viscant

Make sure you get there by 7:30/8 at the latest or you are SOL!!!

Sign me up:
Super Irvine

Lemme know if you need me to lug my setup over (32" TV/360).

ill be there too

Upa

I’ll be down tomorrow. Name’s Cameron, aka cams

My Cousin wants to play as well, I’ll be taking him down there for his first UCI session, so sign me up for a +1.

one more week!

AZ here. Looks like we’re getting close to our 32-man cap! I’m going to add you all (including the folks that R.S.V.P. on Facebook) to Challonge’s sign-up sheet.

It also looks like we’ll have plenty of set-ups to run the event smoothly. We have two extra ASUS monitors, though. So you don’t have to bring additional monitors, SuperIrvine, but we could use more consoles and games.

Everyone else, just do the good folks at UCI a favor and make sure you’ve read the rules and arrive on time. I’d hate to drop people, but I really have no choice as we have only 3 1/2 hours to run an event and I want people to leave early because most of us have school or work the next day. Also, please come equip with joysticks for both consoles or at least know people that are willing to lend you a stick for a console you don’t own a stick for. I will provide non-Sanwa HORI sticks for PS3 and 360.

Thank you all for taking interest in our event, and I hope you enjoy this slightly different format!

If there is still room, I’d like to join in on the festivities tonight for Marvel :slight_smile:

i will bring a 360 and mvc3

I got you, Lobster Johnson. Thanks Tenjin Alpha.

Folks, looks like we got a full list, though there might be some overlap due to people R.S.V.P. as their real name on Facebook and their screen name elsewhere.

1. Robert Adofo

2. Mezzo

3. Dr.Spr0cter

4. Marn

5. NerdJosh

6. Binkley

7. Temjin Alpha

8. Viscant

9. Super Irvine

10. Upa

11. Cams

12. Lobster Johnson

13. Wentinel

14. Choysauce

15. HORI AndyOCR

16. ytwojay

17. DJ Divine

18. Patrick Stanley

19. ETR

20. Andy Louie

21. Nerses

22. Henry Wong

23. Daniel Cheng

24. Jonathan Soon

25. Kiet Truong

26. Michael Hughes

27. Kenneth Phuong

28. Michael Jung-Ying Liu

29. Richard Nguyen

30. JoeKwonDoe

31. Jint

32. Christian’s Cousin

33. Andre Wong

34. P.Gorath

35. Nero Fenix

36. Robtradamus

37. Juan Doe

38. Duey

39. Tony

If there is still room.
R.S.V.P.
Nero Fenix

Just bringing my 360, see you guys there!

Okay, folks. Sorry for the last minute. Everyone that’s underneath number 32 on that list can enter our event this week, no problem. Besides that, we’re fully capped. Sorry. =[

Could I swing by for casuals?