Under Night In-Birth: From the makers of Melty Blood

snap, i forgot about BBB2, but not sure if we sould count the doujin ones since the usually dont have tournaments
now im wondering if they would still release the game with low res sprites, considering that perhaps that could turn off many people away the game (talking about BBB2)

You also forgot Chaos Code, but whatever dude. Fighting games are on fire… again, lol.

damn true (editing my post to add those 2)
btw i thought that chaos code would have its release around this date

Well, I think they wanted to have something to show at AOU first. Then after that, maybe ASW will be ready to actually set the game into the wild of Japanese arcades.

Who knows! Maybe even MONSTER will come back out of the blue. We’re almost coming to a YEAR since its last loke test in Japan, after all! :lol:

it makes you wonder, since asw is related, would they release the game on consoles (i hope so) and if they do, how long it will take them to do it :confused:

i remembered that we forgot the new akatsuki rainbow edition

Update: I just got a new pair of specs that my optometrist says are fully compatible with 1080p.

CONFIRMED WITH FLYER:

yfrog Fullsize - wztbg.jpg

Game name is Under Night In-Birth. Original characters. It will be revealed next week.

Source: Game Nyarth

UPDATE: If you can check the OP you can confirm now that the famous “concept art” pic was totally real and those are the chars in the game… hype train.

UPDATE 2: Just in case you didn’t understand what im talking about. I did the pic so sorry guys if the quality is horrible.

cant get over the name. really fb?

Pro-tip: French Bread are engrish experts, much more than me.

More info thanks to am-net:

• 100% original characters
  • Development started after Current Code launch
  • 30% to 40% completed
  • Four characters confirmed with names: Two men (Hyde and Waldstein) and two women (Linne and Carmine)
  • 4 buttons
  • Will be showed in… September in the next JAMMA show… oh man…

thanx for the info bro

Unib(eam)

They picked a really weird name from their Engrish generator.

Business as usual @ french bread

Worst fighting game name I ever heard.

Hmmm…UNIBirth= Universe?
Either way looking forward to some gameplay =3

Inbirth? Inverse? Whatever, I’m liking the sound of this already. :lol:

Also, the fact that one of the characters is named Hide/Hyde finally makes sense. The little .gif picture that can be seen linked to the “coming soon” picture on FB’s site (as well as was the avatar on FB’s twitter) bears the same name.

Here’s more info courtesy of Melty-Bread:

"New IP: Under Night In-Birth. [… what? Also, ‘In-Birth’ is pronounced ‘inverse’ apparently.]

Also, “the official site should be up today, and they’re currently uploading the promo movie, please be patient”.

EDIT:

According to this twitter account, it seems that Melty’s getting a version up as well? *Both sites should be up soon.

EDIT 2:
Full scan of the first image. Second image that reveals the game’s website; http://inbirth.info, which is currently unavailable.

EDIT 3:* :slowpoke:
From a report on the event here.

• 4 button control scheme.
  • 4 characters revealed so far - Hyde, Linne, Waldstein and Carmine.
  • Development started about a year ago, and the game is currently at 30~40% completion.
  • Expected release at the end of the year.
  • An exhibition is planned for the Amusement Maker Show in September.
  • 1280x720 HD resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio.

About the next Melty Blood

• Additional Characters.
  • 2 screenshots were shown.
  • Powerd Ciel added to the game.* [:gonk:]
  • Scheduled for Spring.
  • Arcades currently running Current Code will get upgraded free of charge.
  • Another character will be revealed around Summer, they can’t say who it is just yet, but they can give a hint.
  • Afterwards, they’ll consider Melty Blood HD, but Type-Moon’s side thinks it’s too soon? [Not sure about this one.]

And lastly there’ll be a full report in Arcadia."

• [url=http://www.meltybread.com/forums/akiha’s-tea-room/so-apparently-that-game-french-bread-were-making

(Thanks to Erkz)

Oh please, it could’ve been called Doki Doki Rappu Sexu and you guys would still get hyped.

considering the later versions of melty blood (mostly the AA series) are actually pretty good, my expectations for this being the new anime game of choice are pretty high.

While I’m also hoping for the best, let’s keep in mind that MB had to go through almost a decade’s worth of upgrading and balancing before it got to the “sweet spot” that it is in currently. So, while I’m sure French Bread has the benefit of having a good deal of experience on their side now, starting over from scratch with a new IP means just that. But hey, everything worthwhile has to start from some where.