Ultra Street Fighter 4 | General Lounge

Quick, someone mail me a 16 ounce sirloin on dry ice, and I’ll intercept it in Japan.

Just watched the trailer. Did I seriously just see Elena’s Slide not end in a knockdown? Seriously?

Here is why despite liking that stage for artistic reasons I don’t ever. EVER. want to see it: grass blocks view of some moves

I don’t like it in 3S, I don’t like it in ST, I don’t like it in Alpha, I don’t like it ANYWHERE. You don’t block the view of a character at any time. Period.

I just noticed something…

USF4 does NOT include the “Games For Windows Live” (GFWL) logo and the Steam logo was included on the promotional material.

Spoiler

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2013/07/14_ultrasf4img02.jpg

I think that they may be transferring the game over to STEAMWORKS! :open_mouth:

If it doesn’t use GFWL I hope they allow you to text chat in-game or at least let you send PMs without adding them on Steam.

my prediction: 5th character is Goh Hibiki (Dan’s Father) lol

Five new characters just seems a little odd to me, it’s typically an even number…have a feeling the likes of Q would be an excellent secret 6th, unannounced character…fair to say I’ll be playing through arcade mode again…just in-case haha.

The fifth character has been hinted as “Never seen in Street Fighter before” so sadly it’s not Q…or any of these:

Ace, Alex, Allen, Alisa, Apocalypse, Area, Armoured Spider-man, Asuka, Bison II/Vega II, Birdie, Blackheart, Blair, Bloody Hokuto, Bob, Bryan, C. Jack, Captain America, Charlie/Nash , Christie, Cole, Cyber-Akuma/Mech-Gouki, Cycloid B, Cycloid y, Cyclops, D. Dark, Darun, Darun Mister, Eagle, EX Balrog/M.Bison, Final Bison/Vega, Gambit, Garuda, Geki, Gill, Hayate, Heihachi, Hokuto, Hulk, Hwoarang, Ingrid , Jack , Jack-X, Jin, Joe, Juggernaut, Juli, Julia, Juni, Kairi, Karin, Kazuya, King, Kuma, Kuro, Lars, Law, Lee, Lei, Lili, Magneto, Maki, Marduk, Mech-Zangief, Mega Man, Mephisto, Mike, Nanase, Necro, Nina, Norimaro, Ogre, Omega Red, Oro, PacMan, Paul, Pullum, Pullum Purna, Q, R. Mika, Raven, Remy, Retsu, Rogue, Sabretooth, Sean, Shadow, Shadow Geist, Sharon, Shin Akuma/Gouki, Shin Bison/True Vega, Shuma Gorath, Skullomania, Sodom, Spider-man, Sunburned Sakura, Steve, Storm, Toro, Twelve, U.S. Agent, Urien, Vulcano Rosso, Wolverine, Xiaoyu, Yoshimitsu.

I’m sure I’ve missed some; feel free to shout out. Doesn’t include and Vs Capcom titles.

Rather than get into the whole “vs games aren’t part of street fighter so it doesn’t matter” I will point out that the reason for the odd number is because it finally puts the number of characters in the game at an EVEN number.

Current Roster = 39 characters
39+5 = 44. At least that is how I look at it.

OH PLEASE GOD!

That would be a slim hope for USF4 to get a Linux port. That’d be a day one buy for me if they did that.

So has it been confirmed that every new stage is from SFxT? I’m really not a fan of any of them, but more variety is good I guess.

Eh. I really don’t like the SFxT backgrounds, you can hardly see the characters for all the colours and shit going on back there.

What I want to know is, if you get the update via DLC, what does it mean by you not getting all the alternate costumes? Is it like the PS version where you can’t see your opponent’s costume (annoying, but not something I would shell out $25 for) or do you get ALL the alternate costumers (in which case I would buy retail just to give Capcom a feather in their hat).

Probably won’t be able to see them, yeah. Unless the “locked” costumes are part of the update.

OP: stages said to be Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility. All from SFxT.

Source http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-15-capcom-announces-ultra-street-fighter-4

So the Jurassic Park stage is actually a part of the Street Fighter canon. Interesting. I wonder if any of the stages will transition like in SFxT.

Considering how well balanced the game already is, I hope they focus more on buffing lower tier characters over nerfing the higher tier characters. Considering you only had one double up in the top 8 at EVO (I think it was just Tokido and Infil’) it just shows that the game is balanced as all hell. From what I’ve seen, they’ve focused mainly on buffs (read an article from combofiend discussing buffs to Chun-li, Balrog, Dudley and T.Hawk) and almost no nerfs, I’m very hopeful.

Maybe just give the entire cast a few more ways of dealing with vortex’s and then buff some lower tier characters. Can’t wait for USF4, buying retail so I can get all the DLC :slight_smile:

All aboard the HYPE train

So, we’ve got 4 characters from SFxT and prob 4-6 stages from SFxT, meaning everything “OMG NEW” in the game is just a complete and utter recycle (which is a nice throwback to old days Capcom, feeling really nostalgic here), + “balance tweaks” which I can bet anybody anything they’ll either intentionally leave the new characers overpowered or just fuck something up requiring another update, and with a slapped-on 30$ price tag.

Effort put into update: 0% (not like you can expect anything more from Capcom these days)
Retardness level of anyone who pays money for it: 101%
People who will nevertheless pay money for it: Everyone and their mother.

Seriously wish Capcom would just die away.

If it ain’t broke, why fix it? Clearly SF4 was the most popular game at Evo this year, even with far newer games on the roster. I’ll certainly appreciate the fresh coat of paint.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, fuck you. Fool me 3 times and I ain’t buying this shit, Capcom can fuck off.

Was really hoping that the title would be FINAL Street Fighter IV (or something to elude to this being a final revision in prep for SF5) or SF4: Championship Edition (A nice throwback title), but eh whatever. Ultra sound silly, recycled characters are cool seeing as they’ll play differently from SFxT, have different Ultras, etc. and hopefully since some of the stages are coming as well, they’ll have a nice fresh appearance or at the very least some new music (I can’t stand Halfpipe’s music at all). I’m excited nonetheless, mostly for the balance update, and will be even more when this mystery character is revealed.

I feel ya. I just wanted a balance patch. Gonna buy anyway. ._.