Ultra street fighter 4 gen changes

These came straight from my suggestions lol:

To a degree, the less push back on hands as well. :slight_smile:

any news if the stance glitch has been finally corrected?

btw those changes are ā€œcuteā€ like we can do wtf combos now but these combos extention cost bars for 10 damage so in the end the characters got stun resist and gives more stun? we asked for hp and damage as hereā€™s his problem ā€¦ A lot of matchup goes 5-5 if Gen got 1000hp :confused:

IMO , we have to wait and see the impact of delayed wakeup on the entire game to judge these as significant buffs or not . hard knockdown is what makes gen scary with all his options ( watch out for oga hitbox shrinked change as well if u play with it on knockdown) :slight_smile:

Might as well post it hereā€¦

Brazilian location test is coming out tomorrow, and if thereā€™s something left to be tested for Gen, let me know. =)

So, here is a big change that wasnā€™t announced so far (I think):

You can finally switch stances midair. If you press KKK during Mantis jump, youā€™ll do Crane J.hk on Mantis jump arch. PPP during Crane jump will give him Mantis J.hp on Crane jump arch. No need to delay your button presses on landing anymore as well. =)

Also, some places says that his Crane cr.lp is +5 on hit, others says itā€™s his s.lp. Here is the confirmation: cr.lp is the one that gets the buff.

Canā€™t quite confirm whatā€™s happening, but all Mantis Ultra 2 hit full animation when used as anti air. Not sure if they were timed perfectly or if itā€™s a buff, but there was this Capcom change log list there saying it has ā€œvacuum effectā€ added and it sure isnā€™t Ex Galactic Tornado kind of vacuum.

Hands looks awesome too.

Please use the slide method to connect cr.mp into lp.hands to check the pushback, I did location test this weekend in philadelphia and I didnā€™t play Gen at all except against Yeb in a mirror match.

Midair stance changing sounds like some interesting shit. Could this be retribution for ruining setups with delayed wakeup?

YES! Finally, Mantis U2 can be used as anti-air! I have been asking for this all along ā€¦ awesome! And with the stun it provides, Ultra 2 might be a viable choice for Gen all of a sudden! :slight_smile: Great news! Midair stance change is good; Iā€™m usually screwed over by the strict timing for Crane crossups into Mantis combos. Is there less pushback on all Hands or is HP left untouched in that regard? Also, can you loop off of MP Hands?

Edit: I see you already covered the pushback and loop issues on Hands. That sucks.

well U2 mantis is that ultra that you randomly throw out because only 1% of the community can punish it lol

Hi,
they think of this change: Focus Attack hitbox size reduced to position of hurtbox

I cry all the changes for Gen :ā€™( (except 950 stun and the Ultra)

with that change Evil Ryu now enters the 1st position for Focus attack range, followed by Vega and Gen tied 2nd and Fei Long 3rd

to be fair it was ridiculousā€¦i think xian suggested that changeā€¦

how many times do you actually use it lol! To be honest I rarely see Gen players make use of it, but even with the nerf the Kara focus will still extend it to what it is now

matchup specific i would say (shotos mostly) but yeah rarely ā€¦

If Gen lv1 focus was 0 on block then it would have been deadly lol, against Balrog its a very strong tool

Gen focus is good, but hardly broken. Nerfing it would be silly.

well how would you define a broken focus attack?

We donā€™t really need a clear definition. A broken focus attack is one that dominates too much; exactly where the line is drawn, I canā€™t say. If theyā€™re going to nerf it they better make up for it. I personally want Gen to be all about diversity, so Iā€™d welcome nerfs to FA and hands if traded for equally valuable Crane improvements.

my dream is a third stance but , hey , letā€™s be crazy about it !!!

oh well lets watch CAPCOM do what they deem fit.