Ultra E Honda...First Thoughts?

Whoa, ex oicho has full invincibility? Sup guys! It’s my Bday so I will post more stuff later, cya around! :smiley:

Played the build at NCR. EX hands combos are extremely easy now… I went from like a 65% success rate to like 90%. I think I only dropped the link once… every other time I got a confirm into EX hands, I burned my entire bar for the lols.

edit: I was grabbing everyone with U2. My opponents were reporting that they were unable to jump after the flash.

Red Focus combos seem extremely situational as the damage gets scaled pretty severely.

Happy birthday!

Hows the new jumping MP? People were saying the buff wasnt noticeable at all in earlier builds

Yeah, how’s the forward/back J.MP ?
Btw hoodaman did you try USFIV E.Honda at NCR ?

Hondas u2 is indeed 1+0. With a range of 1.4, its very useful :slight_smile:

EX Command Throw being throw and strike inv is bullshit.

I have no proof, but I do not believe it at all. Its way to strong.

They should have included it in the changelog if it was there.

As for j.mp. I didn’t get a chance to play against any characters where the I would be able to notice the change (ie. deejay, sim, etc.), but it does seem to have gotten better. I was able to stuff Juri’s cr. HP - but I’m not sure if my opponent mistimed it.

The build at NCR wasn’t the current one so there’s not much point to report anything. But at that build:
-U2 is zero frame
-EX Oicho is only throw invincible.
-jump mp would trade and sometimes beat Rolento’s mp AA

Will report again after North West Majors!

Good job !!

my friend is in Japan right now he says thats how it is… as far as the changelog… do you read japanese? the eventhubs translation had no mention of u2 being 1+0 just said reduced to 1 frame which makes no sense cause it was already 1 frame…

I do not readjapanese.

Are you friend sure he is playing on the arcades with the latest changes?

I don’t know 100% which arcade he is at

we will just have to wait until June to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VObgjKoljbo#t=1822

Several Honda matches…

uh-oh… look at 1:13:00 (U2)…

Looks like Abel was already jumping before the ultra animation started

check this out guys ! E.Honda vs Rolento

It seems we have a good matchup against him

Yahoo

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uF8TRhfGoS0

…this is probable (or at least, I hope so!)

The ex-hb pushback nerf is soooo noticeable… :frowning:

Honda’s offense is way better and his defense is a worse but not that much worse considering now he can punish a lot of stuff on block with ultra 2 and the game mechanics in general. I think he vega may end up being his worst MU right down there with d.sim,sagat,the new chun li and guile. Over all though now the characters that dont JUST zone like ryu, e ryu, oni etc will be not as bad. My thoughts are a couple bad MU’s got worse and then most everything else got better/stayed the same. He should be more tournament viable in Ultra because of this even though it a polarizing way to approach balancing a character.

This being very true in 2/3 double elim bracket considering you will have at minimum 2 chances upon encountering 1 of those 5 terrible MU’s to either A. Know them better than your opponent and just win B. Counterpick the counterpick(there are a couple characters that beat all 5 of them) and one chance to C. Lose and have to play different people and hopefully avoid those MU’s for the rest of the tourney. In reality new Honda isn’t that bad. With regards to tournament play which is all that really matters.

cammy i think is the best character to beat those matchups
decapre should too if her tools end up good.

It looks like the best Honda (my opinion), Akimo, has switched to Elena. Akimo has switched before though and gone back to main Honda, so maybe that will happen again.