Ultra E Honda...First Thoughts?

I definitely need to learn 720’s also. Tips would be greatful

so uhhh… my friend in japan just told me u2 is 1+0… and ex oicho is strike invincible… more or less… he said “ex oicho is great against safejumps and crouch tech” i dont see how being throw invincible would help with that, i will have to confirm with him he aint gettin back to me…

some redditors gave me some advice on 720s

pretty much saying its borderline impossible standing w stick. i should get a hitbox… cause that shit would be cheap as hell

Standing 720s are impossible for Honda AFAIK, regardless of what controller you use. I can’t remember the exact numbers, but the game requires a certain minimal number of inputs to register a 720 (i.e. F,D,B,U,F,D,B,U), and obviously it takes at least one frame to perform each of those inputs. Hakan’s pre-jump frames are exactly as long as it takes to register a 720 with 1 input per frame, so he can do a 720 without jumping, but it is extremely difficult. Gief and Hawk (and presumably Hugo) have one more pre-jump frame than Hakan, making their 720s slightly less difficult. Honda’s pre-jump frames are the same as all the other non-grapplers (4 frames?), which means there are literally not enough frames to do a 720 without jumping.

Even Gief and Hawk players don’t really do them standing; it really wouldn’t be that useful even if you could do it. How often are grapplers just standing point-blank next to their opponents, but not landing from a jump, finishing a dash, or doing normals? Basically never. The hardest thing players do in real matches is tick into 720s from jabs, which you do by completing one circle during the jab, then doing the second circle as the jab finishes. This isn’t too hard…as long as you make sure the first “up” input is hidden in the jab, you won’t jump and the 720 will come out. A lot of non-grappler-players think this is what a “standing 720” is and are really impressed when I bust these out, but then I have to explain it’s really not that hard, haha. Doing 720s during dashes is also a useful, and even easier, skill to learn.

As for some general tips…one thing to remember is that you can shortcut the 720. Just like 360 grabs only actually require 270 degree rotations (i.e. F, D, B, UB), doing a 720 only requires 630 degrees – you can shortcut the second circle (i.e. F,D,B,U,F,D,B,UB). Also, make sure to practice them both counter-clockwise and clockwise, because when you do a 720 out of blockstun you’ll be starting from a back input, which could be left or right.

Just try D,F,UF,F,D,B,UB or D,F,UF,D,UB ( after dashing or whatever move ) you’re welcome guys hehe xD

Hello Guys, what are you thinking of e. honda USF4? He will be more competitive?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=V4QouP72OE4 E.honda vs GamerBee USF4
https://youtube.com/watch?v=3pjbxerlUP0
E.honda vs Abel USF4
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZprUrgithsk
E.honda vs Various Players 16:00 / 1:04:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pjbxerlUP0

at 1:47 : It’s interesting to see that cl.HP whiffs on an Abel that neutral jumps after his stepforward kick on block.

Watch “USFIV - Mago (Chun-Li) taking on challengers *Apr 25, 2014” on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osfy4zF-tuI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Use 4 buttons back dash for tech throw. Practice ex hhs and the setup of ultra 2. Use weak headbutt for anti air. The last matchup chun li vs honda You can see the change of jump mk and jump mp.
Btw. Chun li is the second alternative for the sagat matchup
If you have ultra 2, you can do more sumo splash, if it is on block:
You can OS it with Neutral jump HP, Ultra 2 or backdash. It takes a lot of risks, if you do it on sagat.

Auto timing-positionig seems doesn’t work: go to 15m and 33s to see several Honda matches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZprUrgithsk#t=15m33s

U2 appears to be very useful now!..

(In this video, Honda is used again at 1h 04m)

Akimo please whenever you can, post what you have found of E.Honda in USF4. Thank you!

Looks like Honda gets cr.MK xx HP Hands, cr.LP xx EX Headbutt on standing Hugo at least. cr.LP xx HP Hands, HP Hands also gets full hits on the second hands, so triple Hands will probably be possible on him. nj.HP also looks like a real problem for Hugo.

EX Headbutt ends up really close on block though…looks like a shoto cr.MP will definitely reach Honda, so it’s basically just a standard dragon punch now in terms of risk.

At the Cannes loctest I was able to punish EX.Headbutt with S.MP xx HK.SK for 230 damage as Bison, that nerf is pretty huge.

My friend in Japan said ex oicho is fully invincible, I’m not worried about ex headbutt nerf if we have that. I save meter for super and now red focus ultra.

I don’t understand why akimo is suggesting 4 button tech when it will burn 2 bars now…

Ex hhs and u2 being useful hugely helpS our damage output. We might be able to actually win sometjing now. If you get on top of guile/sim/chun they will eat so much more dmg now

http://youtu.be/a2mJm-z_0eg

at 1:23:10 Ibuki red focuses hands and it builds 50% for her ultra bar!

At 32:16 it just looks like they nerf is bigger than I thought. They didn’t just reduce the pushback, they **removed **it!

what the fuck :S

lol, why play this character?

yeah but we have fully invincible ex oicho, seems like a good trade to me

If we actually have an instant grab U2 and invincible ex oicho then attempting to safe-jump or bait ex headbut by staying right in-front of Honda is more dangerous for the opponent than it is for us.

Being honest if you were using ex headbut as your go to AA and way out of every situation then yes this is a big Nerf but that’s not how a good Honda should be playing.

Not being able to throw out a random ex HB for chip in lame MU’s is in my mind where this will hurt the most. Getting Bison/Vega to block an EX at the start of the round kinda meant the round was over a lot of the time.

St Hp / Lp Hb and Ex buttslam will all still work as AA’s and with ex oicho (if Mike’s right…) we now have a reversal opponents have to fear after we block a crossup.

Honda is in significantly better shape now than he was before… if the changes are correct, if not time for everyone to switch to Guile lol.

my friend in japan 100% confirmed both u2 is 1+0 and ex oicho is throw+(edit: and strike) invincible

i agree with you steve i almost never use ex headbutt as anti-air i use super almost every game

as far as the random ex vs vega/balrog/bison well i am just switchin to guile for those matchups now anyway haha

Throw Invincible or strike Invincible…

Yh back when i was playing a lot the most satisfying games were when id never have to use ex headbut defensively and landed a super in each round.

sorry throw and strike invincible

all in all i feel like we can play way better grappler + big damage style w ex hhs hondas gonna be a way more stylish kind of fighter. ex headbutt can still save ur ass ppl who overuse it get blown up for it. if u aint baitin em u aint playin against honda right. it will still win you the same battles it always did. gettin more options for damage is always good they are just forcin us to use meter for it.