Ultimate web throw incoming guard breaks

Personally, I think this is one of the tools with the most potential that Spiderman has.

It might not be very practical for most spiderman teams, but I want this thread to be a good resource for as many of these setups as possible.

Basic Explanation of Incoming Guard Breaks in UMVC3:

Spoiler

On incoming, a character cannot get air thrown until they touch the ground or do an action. An action in this situation includes: double jumping, airdashing, air attacks, blocking, and getting hit/air recovering. Since Ultimate Web Throw (UWT) is an untechable air throw super, the idea is to put them into block stun and UWT them as soon as they come out of it, without them being able to touch the ground

There are some obvious problems with these kinds of setups:

Can a hit (instead of a block) be confirmed into a combo instead of a whiffed UWT.

Can the UWT deal with pushblocking (extends block stun; can’t throw people when they are in block stun)

improved Magneto Spidey setup
H Hyper Grav on incoming, immediate cancel to Magnetic Tempest on block / hit (which will negate pushblock)
Slight delay of DHCing into UWT on block
DHC into Crawler Assault on hit
Combo off both options

Any other setups similar to this?

Some supers are guaranteed to come out after flash such as Spell of Vishanti, Photon Array, Sphere Flame which makes it harder to whiff it into UWT

Video !!

[media=youtube]h1QC2MYCJ9U[/media]

Actually I was wondering about this at work today (I have a lot of free time there). If you use web throw M on an incoming opponent, X factor cancel it, can you hit them with UWT before they hit the ground? If the web throw hits, you don’t get the X factor cancel because of the animation for web throw.

Or what about forcing them to block an assist that covers that spot like Mystic Ray?

I don’t have my PS3 at the moment so I can’t really check it out.

if i remember correctly, you can’t X factor cancel web throw

i actually improved the magneto spidey setup. H hyper grav on incoming, dhc to tempest on block (negates pushblock) or hit, a tiny delay if they block and DHC to UWT, on hit, can just dhc into crawler assault. Get a combo off both options.

:lol: I’ve been working on this for a while. Unfortunately the issue lies in timing your move to touch at the highest entry point possible to allow recovery into a throw state. There are a few other things I’ve been working on such as unblockable UWT setups which I still think is possible. As for web throw you can xfactor it but they still drop to the ground.

I blame it on Airborne… shrug

ive just been trying this using jam session as an assist by performing assist call > spider sting (so it hits them right as they come in) spidersting hits, assist holds them in place, and then UWT once i get to the ground but they never enter a throwable state. possibly theres too much blockstun from the assist most likely.

no if you notice their animation they are still in block stun on the way to the ground. UWT only grabs the moment they are “free” to move. The only other exception is the grab/hit glitch but that is a bitch to duplicate

Guard break setups are practical for all Spider-man teams since the guy can set them up on his own, using a falling j.:m: from either air dashing or web zipping down-forward. Of course, to cover the option of the opponent taking the hit, an assist is required, such as Dark Hole. Call Dark Hole, meaty j.:m:, and the results are below:

Push Block: Opponent shortly hovers over Dark Hole long enough for Spidey to re-jump and throw.
Takes hit: Opponent falls into Dark Hole to be combo’d.
Blocks without Push Blocking: Opponent falls into Dark Hole to fall into a mixup.
Blocks initial hit but push blocks Dark Hole: Derp, guard breaks.

Utilizing this guard break setup with an assist such as Tatsu works in the same way, except the opponent will tech before they get the chance to fall into Tatsu, due to how the assist is incorporated. However, I already have options for that. ;D

Do you guys think that plasma beam could work the same way that Dark Hole works, or would that be closer to tatsu? I already know that vajra isn’t the right assist for this job.

The reason why I would want to use a UWT setup is because it is 99% inescapable [some air options would get them out of it] as far as I know, air throw options are techable.

I’m thinking Nova and Taskmaster may be able to set this up too; Maybe Zero but I’m not sure

I’ve already tried with zero a while ago. As it sits right now there’s no assist that allows a clean, no pushblock, way to set it up. Now there are setups that are hard to block that allow you time to read what the opponent does and if they pushblock you can UWT to grab them using some assist.

Dormammu also has this ability using purification and stalking flare. It has to be a VERY meaty purification that hits only once behind the screen they enter then DHC into stalking flare but cancel it before it becomes active.

Iron man probably has the easiest after Magnus. Do an early diagonal proton cannon then when they BEGIN to fall DHC into UWT. I promised I wouldn’t make a video on this but damnit this is getting a lot more interesting since there are more people who can do it now.

So before I call it a night, or morning for yall stateside, the list I have gathered already is as follows. Yes some are easy and some are strict.

Magnus
Dormammu
Iron Man
Deadpool
Captain America

NOTE!!! All the characters listed above ARE clean guard breaks, meaning no pushblock was used. Pushblock doesn’t affect any of the characters listed so far either because certain moves can’t be pushblocked, or the super cancel after the move that was pushed back stops them in place, or the super cancel stopped them in place but the super used also had forward momentum putting them back into range for UWT (Cap and Deadpool).

Those are recorded and what not but unless I’m given the green light I’m sitting on that shit. I try to be a man of my word. Those I’ll be working on tomorrow will be Storm, Doctor Doom, Vergil, Wesker, Hawkeye, Strider, and probably a few others. It depends on when I get out of work and what may or may not come up as I have class Saturday morning.

1/25/13
Hawkeye
Storm

1/26/13
Dante
Dr. Doom

What are you doing for Dorm? Is it just meaty purifcation DHC to UWT?

Meaty purification xx stalking flare then DHC into UWT. Of those listed that was the strictest one to me in my opinion. I was doing it off a SnapBack though.

it wouldn’t be fun if it wasn’t hard to pull off

I’m assuming last hit of purification?

So, altogether, how many characters will you be workin on, Xero? o_O

I agree but since Iron Man’s is stupid easy sometimes I wish characters I actually play could do the same shit with just as less effort. Anyways yes its the last hit of purification

Today I’ll probably work on ten characters

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Dammit, i was hoping no one was going to figure out that easy ass set up, o well. As long its you guys from the Spidey forum its all good. Honestly the best way out that setup is to actually get hit out of proton cannon.

Even then you can react and try to connect Maximum spider.