Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Assist wishlist!

X-23s assists (ankle/neck) should stagger an opponent.

Lol I can see the nightmare of someone fucking up a movement and having to reset shit already. “Do you really think I wanted light punch?” And that’s exactly what we need, Dante on more teams : /

Get rid of all the useless assists. I’d like to see assists where the character jumps mid-assist. Arthur’s daggers are a good assist, but they only conver a small portion along the bottom of the screen. I’d love if the assist had him jumping down from a height and throwing the daggers.

Iron Man’s smart bombs assist would also actually do something if he would do it from the air.

Assist characters like Haggar/Tron should have 3 top-tier assists, not one top-tier assist. You’re using fucking Haggar? OK, the pipe assist should do something.

Doom Rocks should be replaced with Photon Shock. rocks suck in this game

Or you can just have it when you do a motion, the name of the move comes out, as well of the strength, then you have to confirm the motion to use it as an assist.

Still horrible idea. I can see balance going into the shitter quick.

If “balance” is that big of an issue, then there can be certain limits (like no instant jumping attacks, no fast overhead attacks) or whatever needs to change. As it is now, certain characters need certain types of assists to fully function and all that really does is limit your possible teammates (having characters just for their assist that you might not even like) unless you decide to give up on stuff like OTG, wallbounce and GTFO assists. Custom assists allow for actually being able to use characters you like that happen to have moves that compliment your characters but aren’t available as assists.

Arthur: modify regular-form Fire Bottle assist so that it comes out fast enough to OTG after an air combo, but nerf it in damage and reach. Just to give him some versatility.

Like many said, Magneto replacing his shield w/ one of his attraction/repel moves would be awesome.

Trish - I’d prefer Round Trip to Voltage - would still be a projectile but actually generate some block stun.

Skrull Tenderizer should be M or L (allowing better blockstun or OTG)… or just do anything to help Skrulls assists… his assists are pretty weak which is the 1 thing holding him back from becoming a reliable anchor.

More meter boost assist plz. Tired of Dark Harmonizer cuz Morrigan sucks.

Yeah… that’s what I was thinking when I got that idea… lol.

I know it could be quite hard to balance, and troublesome to implement and to explain to new players, but just the sheer amount of options makes me grin about it.

Using haggar’s Pipe, Zero’s TigerKnee Raikousen, Dormammu’s Power of Destructor Charge (call four times and get a full loaded Destructor liberation, LOL), Arthur’s Axe, Sentinel’s Launcher or Medium Sentinel Force (just like MvC2), Hulk’s standing HP, Phoenix Light TK trap… the list goes on…

It could be broken as hell, but still, a man can dream.

Dormammu actually already has that :rolleyes:

no… he has a liberation assist…

You have to charge it up while he’s on point…

if he had a Charge assist… you’d call him, he’d come and Charge power of destructor…
he’d charge it the first 3 times you call him… and by the fourth time, the same thing that happens when you try to charge something 4 times would happen and you’d get a full charged liberation.

We’re both right actually, I should have clarified. Dormammu’s liberation assist also charges, you just have to sort of set up the process once when playing him on point. After he tags out he repeats the routine of charges that you set up on point.

ie. Dormammu on point > charge D 3 times > tag out > assist gives big bang. Every assist call after that charges back one charge to the point that you tagged him out on in the first place. After 3 assist calls you get a big bang on the 4th again, etc.

At least that’s how I read it in the Dormammu forums.

Assuming that Flame Carpet can’t lead to combos anymore, I’d like to see a flame carpet assist. Unblockables won’t matter when you can’t combo off of them. I’d also imagine it would be pretty easy to blow up the assist too. However the benefits it would give to keepaway charecters would be unmatched. Doom or Athur would love flame carpet assist.

Bandit Boulder from Tron needs to go. I can’t find a single use for it whatsoever. I’d prefer Servebot Launcher personally. At least then I could use Tron to help another character cover some space.

Task Master needs something other than 3 arrows. Kind of limits him as an assist character. His projectile counter would be somewhat useful. Probably best to replace Medium arrow.

I could have sworn that that was a request for in UMVC3.

Hella broken is all I’m saying besides, the GTFO me assists would pretty much stay the same I think. Are there any invincible anti airs generally in the game? Granted sentinels c.M or s.S would hold no bounds as far as salt, the unblockable with that low assist would be so easy it would be outright retarded.

How about you could just pick specials as assists?

Too limiting. It’s better to have universal rules while having as much freedom as possible. For example, you can do any strength of a special in the air (where applicable) by simply selecting the air version (regular moves would be up/ub/uf + attack. The game will then proceed to do the motion once the character is at the top of their jump (neutral). This gives you the air attack, but eliminates any TKing involved. For stuff with hyper armor, you get… 2 hits of super armor instead? moves with super armor get 1 hit (even if they could take more). I don’t think air attacks are necessary though, having all standing, crouching and special moves (normal and special grabs are fine, no hypers for assists) covers most options. I do agree that air attacks might create a bit of a clusterfuck and are probably not a good idea.

Damnit, I looked it up, and you’re right. I’m retarded.

My bad.

As long as they’d have good hitstun/blockstun, I’d be fine with this.

And to add to my earlier suggestion/the custom assist discussion, I certainly wouldn’t mind Spencer’s OTG Air Wire Grapple.