Ultimate Magneto Combo Thread: It's my BnB, I Never Fuck It Up

Once again thank you guys for this excellent thread it helped me out alot so I owe you guys a combo video lol

I just learned the Fanatiq starter except I added Magnetic Blast loops at the end instead of a fly loop. That crossover is SO useful and the positioning the second ROM rep gives you makes it very easy to get to the other side.

How do I transition from Magnetic Blast/Fly loop hybrid to hyper grav loop? From fly loop I’ve just been using unfly j.H, s.H xx Hyper grav but when I add the first rep of a Mag. Blast loop, they pop out either before the j.H or after it not allowing me to follow up.

The addf jH jS st.H xx Hyper Grav variant works better for that

How do I request that this thread be stickied?

So im using Mag/Sent/Doom and im curious what the proper way is to confirm off of drones when they hit in the air.
Im guessing its some sort of fly cancel im not sure where to find this tho, Anyone know how to do this?

j.MH xx L Magnetic Blast
j.HS xx addf j.H
j.HS xx addf j.L > st.L
j.H xx adf j.MH

pretty much.

How do I get the S variant of the hyper grav loop to work? Is it really just a timing issue? Outside XF it doesn’t work for me at all.

Good question :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve only done like one or 2 reps of it w/o XF.

The timing is pretty strict, IMO it’s not worth it since the meter gain benefit you get from it is marginal.

Which combos corner-carry the farthest and transition into hyper-grav?

Most of them corner carry except for some of the simpler Flight loops and Magnetic Blast loops. ROM is probably the best corner carry but honestly you can do the Fanatiq side switch combo when you’re backed into a corner for a lot less effort than ROM.

IMO, switching sides is the way to good. fullscreen combos are kinda impractical with Magnus since there’s so many side switching techniques, but don’t be afraid to play how you want to play. If you like fullscreen combos don’t let anyone talk you out of using them. create your own playstyle:tup:

Remember back in vanilla when it was so intuitive to side-switch? you pretty much started ROM and if you wanted to switch sides, you just dashed under them.

Now you actuall yneed to set it up and magnetic blast them and shit… so hard

puts vanilla MvC3 in disk tray loading…picks Magneto Gahhhh DAMN…:wow: he was so fucking fast! not gonna lie tho… I felt kinda naked without my “get the fuck over here!” move. I remember when UMvC3 first came out and many people didn’t think magnetic movement would be that useful, then a few days later it was all…

Repulsion!!! Attraction!!! Gravitation!!! :rofl:

The only Magnetic move I find useful is Gravitation. I’d trade Ultimate Magneto for DHC Glitch-less Vanilla any day though.

I should really put the blockstun-cancel tech into action though since I’m running Magneto/Vergil/Doom as one of my mains. Btw Magneto DHC into Vergil is a simple meter positive 1.1-1.2 million for 2 meters :rofl:

ROM was alot easier to do in vanilla :frowning:

i was barely ever able to get it down in vanilla :confused: but that was because flight combo into DHC glitch dante was always a kill XD but i do it a lot in ultimate :smiley:

I will drop it occasionally because of that ADDF nerf. In Vanilla you could plink it fast, in Ultimate if I plinked at the same speed, ADDF H wouldn’t come out at all.

Im new to this game and im trying to do the first combo of magnetos combos that was posted at the begining of this thread. And i can get to the Dash Forward and then M but when i do flight mode it either air tags or when it does fly and i hit M it never hits cause the enemy resets and it doesnt connect.