UIUC/Central IL 2016 Thread - IFD Land! Facebook group more active

went to gw with dan last night and played some yun/yang. tbh im with james, yun and yang are most definitely fun/gdlk but fei seems to be more worry worthy

WUTS UP FELLAS!!

I think fei long needs nothing done to him. :wink:

I’ve been saying this for weeks.

And I wont make it to GW tourney this time. Sorry. Would be nice to see how my Yang would do in that tournament though. To be honest, I feel like James did a few weeks ago… Im very bored with SSF4. I NEED AE to keep me interested. I’m tired of trying to win with a poopy character. I’m ready to tier whore it out :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m really worried about Fei, too. He simply doesn’t seem to have a weakness – not one that I can see anyway.

Also: fuck…fuckFUCK Marvel online. Seriously, I played Jerry for a short set tonight, and it was garbage. I could not hit ANY Wesker link combos. With the exception of, like…1 time the lag spiked juuuuuuuust as I was doing something like OTG gun --> cr B. I mean this was stuff that I had just sat in Training Mode and done for 15 minutes prior to playing him, and I was hitting it 99.99999% of the time. Suddenly I hop online and my execution is fuck-all?? Outta here with that shit… :bluu:

That is my rant. Thank you. lol

Yeah I pretty much gave up hope for mvc3 online.

Really sucks because if we want to keep up with the rest of the best players we have to play and get to know matchups and our only option is online or spend all our money traveling lmao.

I think I miiiiight try and take SSF4ae more seriously online (while trying not to worry about lag matches which i used to) and just learn matchups.

I completely agree, James. In fact, I had decided a long time ago that I wanted to actually try to reach A+ or Master status. Not because it looks “cool” (though it does kick ass lol) but because if you’ve reached that rank it means that you reeeeeally know your character. That’s what I’m gunning for. Frankly, I don’t even feel that’s an unreasonable idea. I think there are a number of us here that have potential to do that if we put our minds to it.

Sure, there’s a little lag, but after playing MVC again AE’s online is openly welcome. I’ve learned to really like SFIV online. Mainly, I think, because unlike MVC, Street Fighter is a slow enough game that one little hick-up doesn’t mean a missed block into full-life combo, or worse…dropped full-life combo punished with opponent’s full-life combo. lol

I’m going for dat yung GrandMaster!!!

But yeah, Fei Long is almost 3rd Strike Chun Li, without the cr.lk into super imo. But I have a question: Is it really true that Capcom said that they wanted this game to be unbalanced, because I dont see the point of adding all these characters and the Twins and Fei Long only get played? That would be very,very, very, very, booooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg…

Real talk…no bullshit…

Ive already heard strong rumors that SF4ae is going to be rebalaced sometime into the future.

Shut up Humbag your lying! LOL Naw, real talk I hope so. I have very high hopes for AE.

Also, I do think that playing onlinie does make you better. I dont that you can get better by playing the same people over and over and over again. I hate doing that, so I stopped doing so and just make my own room and fight who ever comes in. If they suck, I beat the hell out of them a couple of times, then kick them out. If they are good, learn all I can from them. Playing other playstyle helped me a shit ton. Plus my connection is really good, so I rarely drop combos. Going to be playing AE non-stop and we have it at the arcades, so time to LEVEL UP, SON!!! OTHER GAMES SUCK!!! Lol Jk

Same here. Don’t get me wrong, I’m HELLA excited for AE. But like you guys said I’d hate for this version to end up being Twin-Long Fighter IV. lol

I mean… Even WITH their inclusion in the actual arcade version of AE, I hardly see anyone using E. Ryu and Oni. :sad: To me that’s just a waste. If I had access to AE I’d be playing the hell out of those two, mainly because no one else is (with the exception of Air).

E.Ryu seems to be aight. Oni…I am not sure. He looks slow and kind of weak with some parlor tricks.

I feel you man but I pretty sure if Yun, Yang and Fei Long get patched many people will drop them like Sagat got dropped in Super. Fucking busters…

Ohh yeah I forgot. I might be playing a LOT of sagat in AE.

***This ***I like. :tup:

I was actually thinking the same thing.

I actually heard a lot of that from some “pros” too… Just didnt want to say anything to get people’s hopes up.

A rebalance of AE is pretty much expected honestly from how top japanese players talk about forming teams for SBO.

And did I not call the extra characters…Brock??? LOL Nothing is concrete obviously, but c’mon – who they tryin’ to kid? :wgrin:

i make stick templates when i want to play fighting games but feel too lazy to go to the living room and hook up the xbox, and im still too lazy to do that so i thought i might as well share them lololol

Good shit pills. I like em! The Yun one is sick.

@Mike: I know what you said, but I didnt wanna pump your ego up so I didnt say anything after I talked to a lot of “pros” about it at Evo. Insider info is for insiders!! Get at me bro!