TTT2 Netsu/Rage Relationship Chart & Mechanics

The Netsu/Rage system seen in previous games of the series returns in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Netsu or Rage is a temporary state in which the attack power of a character is increased, indicated by their lifebar flashing in red color. The system activates for the off-screen tag partner when the on-screen character receives enough damage.
Characters in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 know each other, so their relationship (positive, neutral or negative) has an impact on when a character will get enraged from seeing their partner getting hurt in battle.
Special thanks to tekkenzaibatsu.com

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Netsu_Relationship_Chart
synergy for tag combos/throws goes with Like/Likes(anna,bruce), Like/Hate(alisa,jack-6), Hate/Hate(djin,hei)

Aris provides a great video on Rage and Tag Crash
[media=youtube]3LPu8LkR6aM[/media]

Are there any theories as to how the console characters are related? I’d imagine that Alex copies Roger but I don’t know too much else.

Its all story line from Tekken 1(1994) till now (TTT2)

:eek: I think he’s referring specifically to how the DLC characters will behave as characters in terms of movesets and movement when compared with other characters.

For example, Alex to Roger, Jr., Tiger Jackson to Eddie Gordo/Christie Montiero, and so on.

Oh for the most part they are clones with past iterations. tekken 6 they gave eddy and christie(for example) some different moves/range/properties/hitboxes. Not to sure about all the differences in this version, but more or less they are pretty much the same. I know michelle is pretty close to julia(T6), but this version juila has a brand new move set under her alas Jaycee. hope that helps ha.

So I’m guessing Angel hates Devil Jin?

Probably… Originally Angel was just Symbolic of the remaining goodness in Kazuya. Hence why she never made a cannon appearance from tekken 2. This may have been retconned. But one of the greatest moment’s in the tekken is in the t2 intro where kazuya is in the zaibatsu looking over his empire with glowing red eye’s and angel is standing protectively behind him as if the wing’s are his own.

Sucks, they’re my tag team :frowning:

I wouldn’t worry too much about that, most of the Mishima’s for example don’t like anyone, and they are back to being powerful in this game also lot’s of the team’s that hate each other still have cool tag throw option’s that are unique to them…

Okay. Time to read up on some Tekken lore to see who Alex has canonical synergy with!

I was talking about the rage dynamics between the console characters and the other characters.

well if you knew how to phrase your question better, you would receive a better answer…
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/System/Netsu_Relationship_Chart
synergy goes with Like/Likes(anna,bruce), Like/Hate(alisa,jack-6), Hate/Hate(djin,hei)

You still haven’t answered his question, which is ‘no, we don’t know how console characters relate to others yet’.

ah… my bad, no word has been released. i heard even the prima guide doesn’t have the info

Some of these character relations make sense… some are just far-fetched/weird. Is there a reason why Jin doesn’t like Jun any longer? She was the primary motivation behind Jin competing in T3 and killing True Ogre in the first place (despite losing to Paul before then). Then again, Jun isn’t exactly “nice” this time around isn’t she? There is this thing called “Unknown”, who is pretty much a straight forward boss character, more or less.
I know this game isn’t canonical but perhaps Jin is suspicious of her? Jun seems to still thing highly of Jin as well thus making this even more confusion). Kazuya also seems to dislike her too…! But, Jun is neutral towards him… This is just too weird…!

Nobody seems to like Ogre very much but that not entirely hard to see why. There are also a few others that might catch people off guard like Feng and Jinpachi (Feng was originally after Jinpachi’s scrolls for his fighting style…)

Oh well…

I can understand the Mishimas hating each other, but I would have preferred to see at least Jin and Kaz have an affinity towards her.

:eek: Kaz/Jun team would be 222 stronk. Gotta nerf dat. :smiley:

Speaking of which, I’m trying to find the interview where either Harada or someone on his team was talking about Tag2 doing some retconning and inserting itself as canon. If anyone can find it, please let me know~

Alex and Bryan had a team-specific combo, animation, or something in TTT so maybe they work well together in this game?

This may sound a bit off topic but I’ve been looking for move sets and… I discovered that Angel might not even have anything to do with Kazuya’s soul to begin with. Just click on the following web page and see the introduction. She might not even have any influence on Netsu… if she does then…
http://eng.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/Angel

The only people that like Ogre are the Ogre players that abuse his jab.

Several aspects of the Tekken Netsu Relationship charts were updated… There are still a few things that rub me the wrong way:
First and foremost… you notice that quite a few of the characters… dislike or outright hate each other correct? However, the said characters in those categories have specific high damage tag throws. This also works for others that do like each other but I found this to be quite interesting. Apparently, Jin still does not like Jun… this is really a coincidence - Jin fears that “something isn’t right about her” according to Harada’s tweet entry not too long ago - something Jun(known) does NOT sit well with Jin therefore, he is giving her the cold shoulder. I don’t understand his beef with Xiao however… I guess he just finds her annoying or he just does not want her in the way. I’m a little bit baffled by why Heihachi respects Xiaoyu however… then again, Blood Vengeance might not even be canonical, but Xiaoyu (and Alisa) pretty much saw how awful Heihachi was when he killed Shin Kamiya (who might be playable in the near future depending on popularity). More on Jin… why does he dislike Christie? I don’t think they ever seen each other before at all. Christie does like HIM very much, but it should be the other way around either, sense Jin isn’t even familiar with her at all, unless Eddy ran his mouth too much. As for DLC, they are pretty much confirmed to be neutral towards every other character, but this might also get an update as well. I am also a little bit confused about Lee as well… Nina and Anna are not even mentioned any where… or perhaps they just simply run into each other from time to time but they don’t really communicate? And, what is it with Jun and Kazuya? Jun still seems neutral towards him, but Kazuya just despises her completely! And… Well, Mokujin does sort of make sense… I guess, but I don’t get Jun being disliked though… no. Jun(known)…! So maybe it does make sense. Ogre’s makes sense too. Paul DID kick his “Ancient” forms ass in T3 and it is pretty much self explanatory that he would hate Jin and Nina as well.
I guess I rambled on a little too much but… There are some interesting aspects that do stick out. On the other hand, it does not influence the game play THAT much anyhow - this is just me still pointing out a few weird areas of the list.