TTT2 Netsu/Rage Relationship Chart & Mechanics

How do i do bryan and dragonouvs special tag throw ?

Drag f,f+1+2~5 IIRC

:eek: So some of the stuff you pointed out is true and some is buried under Tekken’s very ambiguous history.

Pretty much everyone is spooked by Jun coming back, so no wonder Jin doesn’t get along with her.

Xiaoyu is actually good friends with Heihachi and it’s through him that she met Jin, so them getting along well is expected.

Harada has publicly expressed his discontent with Blood Vengeance, so I would imagine anything added to the game from BV is strcitly extra, which is why Alisa/Xiaoyu have friendship stuff going on.

Jin/Christie is probably a dislike because Jin and Eddy have a poor history together and while Christie may not be directly involved, she is following Eddy to the ends of the Earth, so she might fall into that annoying category.

Come to think of it, does Jin like anyone? He’s the first guy to make it genuinely cool to hate everyone.

I would imagine some stuff is just to even out the likes/dislikes although it seems that there are more dislikes and neutrals than likes, LOL.

Tekken = Hate Everyone All The Time

Ok a few thing’s here. Most of it I don’t find all that wierd if you consider…

Jin dislikes jun basically because of those reasons you state. He think’s there is something wrong with her due to Unknown. So it make’s sense to me.
I don’t think Jin has ever really liked Xiaoyu, the affection is not returned.

Heihachi does not respect Xaioyu, He “likes” her. She attended his school and he is a dirty old git obviously. She also has a pet panda and heihachi likes bears. They have a storied history.

Blood vengeance is definitely not canonical, Harada said it’s an alternative timeline between T5 and 6. Jin for example is not yet supposed to have control over his devil form in the official story.

Why does Jin dislike Christie? Hell know’s maybe because Eddy is in his army and she would be getting in the way, or maybe he is just gay after all =P.

Harada has said that Kazuya’s and Jun union in T2 was not love but fate (not rape either) That’s all very ambiguous but Jun likely realizes Kazuya is the way he is due to the devil’s influence, and Kazuya has shown a complete hatred for the Kazama bloodline in some of his story sequences due to their innate counter to the devil’s influence. (see some of asuka’s old FMV’s). Also consider that Kazuya’s devil form is not powerful anymore due to the volcano incident and it moving to Jin to save itself. (more on this at the end because I believe it’s now been retconned under harada’s control in a retarded fashion). He is now corrupt and pure evil which is probably why Angel has never made another canon appearance since T2. She failed… Although in Tekken 4 he took control and unified the devil within him he is still after Jin to regain his other half (or just the power in general now) and Jin is obviously a huge pain in the ass for him and he hates everything the Kazama bloodline stands for.

I think lee’s relationship with the william’s sister’s is all but forgotten he also has become a bit of a joke character. Anna work’s for kazuya and Nina for jin…

Mokijin is there and awaken’s to combat evil which will threaten the planet and Jun is corrupted by Unknown so it makes sense to me…

Now, Remember Harada was not in control of this franchise as producer till about Tekken 3 I believe. I think lot’s of the story concept’s of the previous games (tekken 2 in particular, have been lost). He even went on record in the Blood vengeance dvd saying he didn’t think tekken had a deep enough story to be seriously be made into a movie. A notion I find ridiculous. Up until around 3 or four when it started getting a bit silly the game had a lot of interesting mystery and concept’s of good and evil. It would work fantastically as a movie if they concentrated on the Mishima bloodline and Kazuya’s fall from grace. He obviously doesn’t see it so there can’t be much effort being put into characterization these day’s which is a shame and made Tekken unique in the fighting game genre.

The Devil stuff got changed to be a ‘gene’ in tekken 4 which is up there as being retarded as the Starwars ‘midichlorian’ situation.
At this time they also hired an external writer for than game which likely explains the above, and have not since. Many character’s since then have become joke character’s as well.

I think the Angel situation got dumbed down. There is some deep symbolism there in the old game’s or maybe the fan’s just have better imaginations. Ultimately now and likely retconned since she is fighting for the good in kazuya’s soul if anything and that likely no longer exists. So no more angel in the canon games…

I think this happens often at this stage in Tekken. If people are talking and debating about the game it’s a win situation for them. Ambiguity works in favor for them because they conveniently also don’t need to spend as much effort on that side of things yet still generate speculation and interest.
Look at Leo. When Tekken 6 first came out in the japanese arcades I had the characters profile translated and he explicitly refered to leo as “she”. Which indicates it was originally envisioned as a ‘tomboy’ type. Harada realized their was confusion about this and took advantage of it…

Ultimately I think the biggest reason or influence for some of the Netsu decisions is basic game play balance (harada is a solely gameplay guy after all) some combination’s would be a bit ridiculous if they got rage at 50%. This is a bad example but for instance imagine if Kazuya and Devil jin (widely regarded at this point as two of the three bests character’s in the game) got rage at 50% instead of what it is now…

btw As with everything Jin. Kazuya made hating everyone cool FIRST! =P. I’m old school and played the game since 1 so felt a bit betrayed when they replaced him with jin in 3.