"Train harder!" - Ibuki Street Fighter V Discussion

Like it was discussed in the first page, I would like for Ibuki to be a “puppet master” character. Have her summon don-chan as her V-trigger and have it act like Felicia’s Kitty’s Helper super.

I can’t wait to see how she handles in V, I never really played 3S so my only frame of reference was from IV. I’m excited to see how they changed her and Decap.

I hear you on the redesign… I’m thinking more along the lines of a Taki without the armor and tanto’s.

If she looks like the story stills, then it looks like she’ll have half school-girl half ninja look.

Sf4 ibuki main here. If any of you are having trouble picking up a main, you guys might want to try rashid. He’s not like fuerte, he’s more like ibuki.

He has a “vortex” that is only now starting to get fleshed out. I put it in quotation marks because there is still different techs that you have to account for with wakeup timing.

Ibuki has air kunai, rashid has an air divekick to throw off anti airs.
Ibukis kunai covers the immediate area in front of her but is easy to jump over, rashids light wind kick controls the area directly in front of him but is harder to jump over.

Ibuki has ex neckbreaker to punish fireballs, rashid has down plus v skill to roll under and punish fireballs… For no meter.

Ibuki has slow walkspeed and ok pokes, rashid has slow walkspeed and good pokes and a cancelable long range low.

Ibuki has b.mp as a great AA that she can cancel into run crossup stuff… Rashid has cr.mp as a great AA that he can cancel into roll crossup stuff.

Ibuki has a long range command dash, rashid has a dash that is actually a run and covers almost the entire screen.

Ibuki has ex kezegiri, rashid has ex spin mixer.

Ibuki has tsujigoe, Rashid has… No move that is that useless. Heh.

Rashid doesn’t have a move that susbstitutes for raida, but that doesn’t matter. Spin mixer can kinda substitute for tsumuji… They both setup his knockdown mixups for there respective characters and both use extra button presses for the knockdown both aren’t punishable on block.

Seriously, give the character a try. You might like him.

I’m actually interested in Ibuki, I allways liked her design but I don’t like Vortex gameplay.
She was also the only char I somewhat enjoyed in 3S,sadly I don’t like 3S.

I hope she plays more like in 3S and doesn’t relie again on Vortex, it makes her boring to me.

Yeah SFIV ruined Ibuki for me. I’m hoping she’s an agile footsies character like she was in 3S so I can at least side her again.

Yeah I was more talking to SF4 ibuki mains. I didn’t mean 3s ibuki players that didn’t like the sf4 ibuki. Rashid is nothing like 3s ibuki, afaik.

I honestly don’t like any of those except for the bottom right.

You mean you didn’t play Ibuki because of her exposed thighs/hips?

Given the arsenal of movement skills she had in 4 it’s hard to imagine her V components deviating from something movement… however that’s Rashid and Ken at the moment. I think it would actually be pretty epic to have her V skill be a Kunai projectile, air and ground capable. Could create a lot of mixup opportunities especially if she keeps her command dash. As someone previously stated, I don’t think she will have the vortex again so that takes away from my theory but here’s to hoping.

I hope she gets a few redos in moveset.
Altho ihave no idea what they’d give her for a trigger i wanna see that especially

How comes nobody likes Ibuki?

Did this winpose required an specific condition to be fulfilled for Ibuki to perform it?

I have only seen it live once but is rather awesome. Her SF5 winpose should be based on it.

I don’t play Ibuki but, like Gen, is a character I totally respect when I get bodied by her. 3S Ibuki requires some sort of finesse or fluidity at play beyond my reach. That said, not being straightforward and having some technical requirements makes her one of the ideal top tiers I wouldn’t ever complain. I never got paired against a SF4 Ibuki who won on the basis of mere vortex and she is probably way more preferable to Akuma or Cammy in that regard.

They jealous. Female ninja’s got it goin’ on. Based on the approach that SFV took with most of the characters as of now, I am extremely curious about what Capcom might try with Ibuki.

SFIV

Want to play a alpha Ibuki SFV?

Load up USF4 Omega Mode :slight_smile:

I’m curious how they can set Ibuki into this game. I mean her kunai would be SUPER powerful in this game if it stays as it was. So something’s gotta give.

I think they’re gonna make her really interesting. I’m imagining smoke bombs, clones, and Don-chan.

Ya’ll let Ibuki get to the 2nd page again. That’s messed up.