Touch Her And She'll Break Yo Face

Also, does someone want to start a combo thread? I’m bad with clever titles lol

Ironically I think a combo would be kinda redundant for this game.

I don’t think so because not all combos work on every character and it would be good to determine the highest damage combos, safest (hardest to break or unbreakable), best air juggle, and which linkers and manuals you should be using.

For instance, I do a few different things off of an air grab to maximize damage or lead into a setup, but some of them don’t work on everyone. Say you want quick damage and you get an air throw, you could do a fierce DP afterwards for easy damage or a HK/HP > HK DP but those will not work on some of the cast (I think Saberwulf is one off the top of my head, but it could be another). You could also so a shadow move for more damage on the ground bounce or HK > flik-flak which works on almost everyone.

Or good for noting things like when you end a combo and have an option to do another attack before they pop out, do a fierce attack and immediately counter breaker it to make it safe.

A strategy thread, then.

1. No opinion

2. cr.MP punishes everything not spaced properly.

3. That’s what her rekka is for

4. Uppercat is unbreakable

5.She has a better anti air than Dp, Her cr. Hp.

6.Not really necessary. You don’t have to chase Sadira in the air.

1. She does have a frame trap. Moderately charged HP rekka give u advantage on block.

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

Everyone has been saying she is weak. I don’t think they noticed that she has every trick in the book except command grab and instant overhead. She has fast walk speed, two decent anti airs, an air throw, two overheads, a full screen low that goes under a lot of moves, and an instinct that allows for constant 50/50 mixups. Although, I don’t think she needs any buffs, if they were to give her something, I’d ask for ability to dash cancel the charge on HP rekka.

I think the dumbest part about Orchid is her c.mk is a mid. Everybody else (except Glacius) has a c.mk that hits low, Saberwulf’s stuff is backwards but he has a c.mp that hits low She also has crappy frame traps.

How do you use rekka for pressure if it is negative on block? I also have a problem punishing consistently. Is there a way to punish Jago’s windkick on block?

Jago is the 1 character that is nearly impossible to punish. Windkick is safe, double roundhouse is safe, laser sword is safe (when spaced right), and most of these create frame traps for him. His DP and fireball are unsafe and you can punish with anything. Do not try to punish anything else. If he is using the same block string over and over, shadow counter right before he uses windkick.

Her rekka gives a 50/50 but isn’t really pressure. You can do a safe block string if you end with flik-flak, light slide, or a rekka ending in heavy. You only have the option to block afterwards though and have to worry about throws as well.

Also, I 100% agree that her cr. mk should be a low.

I like that cr.MK is a mid. I use it to anti air neutral jumps on wake up that cr. Hp doesn’t catch in time.

Moderately charged HP Rekka isn’t negative.

HP Rekka Ender is actually plus on block from level 1 and up.

Also:
Jago 4 - 6
Glacius 5 - 5
Sabrewulf 5 - 5
Sadira 6 - 4
Thunder 6 - 4

IMO for now. Need to play more but that’s how I see her, so take the match up list with a grain of salt.

In all respect most orchids dont use her rekka pressure properly. If it is a rekka why not Fei long it?

Tool man you have to commit to multiple hits with her rekka. You gotta be super godlike to confirm if the first one hit. If you commit to multiple hits, you’re unsafe if you do anything other than charged HP

you dont have to. thats the problem. look at the frame data. on block, the first rekka is -1. you can block, dp, jump, or even backdash. if u know they will continue to block, you can go for a grab or start up a new blockstring.

Most fei’s confirm that the first rekka hit, before continuing. It’s impossible to do that with orchid. You can’t delay the second and third punches. That’s what I’m referring to.

You actually can delay, but that’s not what you want to do. use the lp rekka as bait when they have meter so their attempt at doing a shadow counter fails. Basically, throw one out and stop right there to go into blocking. most won’t attempt to do a throw and will instead continue to block. If you know that’s the case, cr.lk to rekka mixup. Keep em on their toes

Watching a few streams recently. So HP Rekka, if used early, is safe on block - so if the rekka string is blocked, are people opting for safety instead of forcing the opponent to make a choice between high and low blocking? I really like to get people in that position!

So theoretically, if we HP rekka to make the string safe, what are the best way to continue pressure?

C.short is really good after safe HP rekka. I’ve started doing as a read to back-dashes I go raw overhead and it catches them, also you can do c.mk for a little bit more advantage on block.

Safe rekka? That’s no fun! I like playing poker so I go for the 50/50 with or without instinct. Gambling Orchid is hella fun, win or lose :slight_smile:

cr.fierce is another good button after the hp rekka ender. you can recycle or go for the unblockable charge. BTW PR Balrog I’d like to do some sets with you whenever you have the available time. Would like to see how our Orchids stack up.

I’m still really bad at the mirror match but we can play, I gotta study it more, I keep getting hit by ichisan mix ups even though they’re easily reactable unless it’s with instinct.