Top Rogue Teams

Patrick is the truth, SW low tier represent!

HELLA WORD!!! HIGHER ROGUE!!! :evil: :cool: :evil: :cool: :evil:

What up Rogue players back from EVo2k4.

Just wanted to let everyone know how I did. Well made it to saturday but had a lost against me, I lost eddie fucking lee. His strider doom is too good. lost because well got shot time 3:( .
Saturday I had won 4 matches one of them was against combofiend which I eliminated. We were both in the lose bracket final count 2-0 me. then some random person who I beat and then I had to play against Genghis, Fuck snap in capcom fucking raping him then he found a way to get him out with only 3% life :frowning: after that well u all know got hit buy fly combo and etcā€¦etcā€¦

I made about $60 in money matches.
Me and Harry potter 3/5 $40 ā€¦final count me 3-1
Me and Soomighty 3/5 $5ā€¦final count soo 3-2
But had a rematch next day for $10ā€¦final count me 3-1 I wish someone put those matches up.
and then I lwon some
randome matches with Cali people who I donā€™t know.

Well I told everyone I was going to quit mvc2 because 1st off no one can really beat justin and I finally beatean everyone in a best out of 3 at least 1 time.

Soomighty-Jwong-Harry potter-combofiend-David lee-X-Mixup-DJ-B13-Clockwork-Sandford kelly-Kuan-Jamar-Row-and others but these were the ones I was focus on the most.

Iā€™ve played and beaten just about everyone and realize that I can beat anyone and at the same can lose to anyoneā€¦but at Evo2k4 after watching Jwong for 3 days I realize that he is the best player in MVC2 in the world. He can not be beatean, you may come close but close isnā€™t good enoughā€¦ and u know Iā€™ve been reading all these post about justin and u know what no one not once ever metions that he did not lose 1 SINGLE MATCH THE HOLE TIME HE WAS OUT THERE AT EVO2K4 IN MVC2. Come on top players from around the world and no could beat him not once in Casual or Team tournrment or Singles.

Just wanted to express my feeling at Evo2k4 thats all. But overall best EVo yet. Should I quit hummmmmmmmm???
Well only time will tell.

Well, at the risk of sounding like an insane fanboy, HELL NO you shouldnā€™t quit. I mean your Rogue is just insane. I was seriously considering dropping MVC2 myself after last yearā€™s Showdown, but I saw you playing and was just like hell no, still too much fun to play.

Anyway, congrats on the money matches and the rest. I was glad you beat Potter after I saw the match yaā€™ll had at '04 Showdown.

No, top players are an inspiration to average players because they inspire them to improve their game. If the top players atart to lose confidence in themselves how will regular players feel. Never give up, keep fighting!!!:cool:

Set goals, if you canā€™t match Justin try and reach 2nd; remember there isnā€™t a 2nd place player at all. Own the rest THEN face the best!!!:evil:

Pretty random, but how cool is this picā€¦

That pic inspired me.

haha, great man.

say anyone going to the austin tourny next week?

Iā€™ll be there man. Itā€™s only like an hour and a half away from me. Is all the NO crew gonna be there?

iā€™ve been winning with Rogue. I finally decided to play this game and play Rogue seriously and found myself winning a lot. Just wanted to say thanks for this thread cuz it helped a lot. My current teams right now are Team Tri jump=Mag,Rogue,Stormā€¦Rogue,Storm,Cyke, and Team Vegita-X.

Iā€™m having some trouble against Sent though. What kinds of things should i be doing One on one with Rogue vs Sent?

Keep the fuck on him cause if you let him get away it can be annoying as hell getting back to him. If he does any kind of rocket punch do GNS on reaction after ducking because itā€™ll catch him whether he cancels into HSF or not.

how do you go thru HSF with GNS, i saw it in one of vegita-x match videos. sentinel did HSF and then Rogue maybe pushblocked the first two, i ono but then she went thru the last one , is it just like the cable one?

thanks drumlinerjoe. donā€™t know if anybody posted this combo with Rogue and Mag

down lk, down mp, down fp+mag, SJ down+hk, land mag hits, GNS

Get Ready!!!

GNS has PHYSICAL invinciblity at startup (meaning she canā€™t go thru beams) then it quickly turns into very high priority then decent priority; all you have to do is master the timing. :karate:

EDIT: A full crouching chain with Rogue into launcher is C.LK, C.MP, S.LK, Launcher.

lol thatā€™s the best smiley ever!!!
the Danien-San smiley wins!!!

Rogue/Gambit/Cyclops works fairly well, Iā€™ll go into more depth after I try some of my new strats out during the week :stuck_out_tongue:

I just learned something new!!! if someone tech hits Rogueā€™s FP throw high in the air in the corner and they block you can use jumping Jab then D.J.HK to quickly return to the ground and guardbreak them!!! :bgrin: You have to use C.FP though if you want to do a full majic series.

any rogue users in MTL ? o.o

Rogue (throw), Magneto (Projectile), Ironman (Anti-Air).

Neat: (While opponent is blocking) Shockwave XX Goodnight Sugah. Gives rogue a safe switch in and a chance to attack while the opponent is blocking the shockwave.

Combos:
As Magneto: Launch, SJ.HK, Dash D/F, LK, MK, Land, Jump U/F, J.LK, J.MK + Rogue Assist, Wait, Dash In, C.LK, C.HK, Switch to Ironman, Infinite (If theyā€™re in the corner, or close to the corner, you have to do a HyperGrav before switching to ironman).

As Rogue: GoodNightSugah (9-10 hits) XX Magnetic Tempest, C.LK, C.HK, Switch to Ironman, Infinite

As Ironman (Reset during infinite): Infinite (get the opponent in corner)ā€¦ J.LP, J.MP, J.MK, J.UpHP + Rogue Assist, Wait, Continue Infinite (Start with J.LK, J.MP, J.UpHP)

I guess this team more revolves around getting to Ironmanā€™s infinite to destroy a whole team (with rogue assist as a reset), but I think that Rogue is a valueable asset to it and she can make due with the assists. I donā€™t believe that Rogueā€™s assist is escapable during those combos if you call her assist at the times I listed (Versus cable anyways. Youā€™ll have to call her at different times depending on the size of the character).

-anonymous mvc2 rogue player