Tokyo Game Show Trailer (Frank West footage)

Quick question - does anyone have th Dengeki article that confirms Frank’s VA is TJ Rotolo (the same guy from Dead Rising)? Some folks on another site are disputing that it’s him and I could use some hard evidence since the online Dengeki articles they’re finding don’t mention it.

Well, I can only find this TGS TVC Dengeki article, dunno if it helps.

Also

Frank’s level 3 on a giant, and it’s AWESOME. Not as awesome as the normal one, but still awesome.

new video shows franks assist adn his moves.

camera flash assist?

hmm this game turned from a flat out not getting this game to a big maybe. We will see, I may bite on it.

Well, Frank’s assist does looks useful, good range, somewhat of stun properties, and fast as well. But as how the videos are showing the new characters, Tekkaman Blade is definitely better than Frank in the damage, speed and mix-ups departments. I have also notice that T.Blade has less health than the Original Tekkaman and Frank’s is somehow similar to Megaman’s health. After all, as one of the few new videos showed, PTX did not need to hit T.Blade a lot to have him in less of 50% of life.

I will wait for a video showing some tricks and tactics of Frank (which will be a long waiting) to be sure if he is going to be a good character for my tastes or not.

I think I just may make Frank my 3rd main. Next to Casshern and Tekkaman.

I think Blade’s weaknesses will be similar to Karas with the added weakness of having awkward manueverability. But yeah, Frank seems to lack in the damage department.

wow. frank west looks…interesting i guess. I really want tekka blade to have DECENT health though. other that that, he looks like my kind of character!

Lol. Give me one reason why he should have decent health? Given what we can see of him now, he needs all the weaknesses he can get to balance him. He is fast and powerful. He needs to have poor health to make up for this.

give him that Akuma health.

Seeing what Tekka Blade is capable of even before the game is released is enough to warrant a low health tier. His uber-ness should be compensated with low health to allow him to remain an honest character. If he has anything like Tekkaman Plain’s health, I sense Tekka Blade reaching Sentinel status.

So basically…if all is well and good, he’ll end up being another Karas but with better damage and strange ground movement. Lol.

Even their projectiles are similar.

he still has that angle dash if it sucks and he doesn’t have dumb morrigan instant overheads he could have issues at least if his other approach moves are punishable he might have some mobility issues.

he still has a dumb looking cross up so he will be able to be played like normal tekkaman somewhat cept with better mixups afterward, so yeah thats still a very good character right there , and apparently lots of moves that give him forward momentum. could give him a decent pressure game albeit shitty compared to karas’s for like 6 or 7 reasons.

more than any other aspect i think that dashing forward spinning blade move is the most scary thing ive seen about him( only seen it in combo so far and it might require aprior move tohit). if that move is good he will be immediately top tier by default. if it can be done alone it had better be ridiculously unsafe on block and cant be easily covered with assists. god im already having nightmares about that moves potential.

as for that after combo mixup it might actually be really easy to block big spinny disc block non spinny disc side otherwise block side he fell on. also falling jumping moves could beat that mixup entirly.

if he is as good as the videos made him look he may need to be in karas damage class.

Well, judging from the video with Frank’s level 3 on PTX, how does his stamina look to you?

you all should take note that in the tekkablade video where he does the air combo on batsu and ends with the reset crossup, it does not have enough hitstun for the ensuing string to combo.

you’ll see that he does a 3-hit string before the scene changes, and only a 3-hit combo registers (after the spinning lance hits).

soooo basically the crossup from air combo is not a threat

I think he was either too close, or just didn’t attack fast enough. He can clearly combo from that move under normal circumstances as proven in the first part of the vid.

Fuck that let D-Boy be broken. Sentinel status means easy wins for me.

It also means we’re back to square one again with the Karas syndrome.

Ahahahaha! thats not really what i meant.

seeing that first video posted and this one: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-tatsunoko-vs/56654 , do you think you can use casshern’s assist for some longer combos after the baseball bat super?