Toe-fu DOJO Thread: Read Recent Posts for Updates!

:rock:Welcome all street fighters!

My name is Greg and I am the Toe-Fu DOJO master :rock: We host Grind sessions for the NW here at our small DOJO. Our goal is to help all levels of players either hone or improve their game. We will take theories from the lab, then test them in sparring matches. We always welcome new players so, post up if you have any questions and feel free to PM me for info!! We strongly encourage DONATIONS for DOJO upkeep, so if you have attended and support what we are trying to accomplish here, please show support by continuing to attend and possibly a few dollars :china:

Sessions are Saturday nights starting @ 9:30pm(i work till 9:sweat:). I don’t want to interfere with GC or the AfroDOJO(SHALL RETURN SOON!!)Raincity or MHC’s SRB tourneys.

Schedule:
06/30/2012 - CLOSED :frowning:
07/07/2012 - EVO!!!
07/14/2012 - Closed Indefinitely for upgrades and revising our plans for Ranbats Season 2!!!

We officially have the Toe-FU DOJO’s #1 and #2 headbands!!

#1:karate: HEADBAND: Duggish!! Time Worn: Since 02/04/2012!!!
#2 HEADBAND: SpammerDOJO!! Time Worn: Since 02/04/2012!!

Headband Hall of Fame:
**#1. **Riki-Oh!! Time Worn: 0910/2011- 02/04/2012
#1. FLW!! Time worn: 06/18/2011-09/10/2011
**#1. **Duggish! Time Worn: 02/12/11-06/18/11
#2. Duggish! Time Worn: 09/10/2011-02/04/2012
#2. Kuenai!! Time Worn: 12/03/2011-01/07/2012
#2. FLW!! Time worn : 10/29/2011-12/3/2011
#2. Gieft!! Time worn: 08/20/2011-09/10/2011
#2.Jason “Dirty” Cole: 04/16/2011-05/12/2011
#2.Eman “Riki-Oh”: 2/12/11-03/06/11;03/06/11-04/16/2011
#2. Barry “spammerDOJO”: 06/25/2011-08/20/2011
#2. Gerrick won RR 08/20 and passed it to Gieft.

Headband Challenge Rules:

1. #1 HB challege must be verified by a Toe fu dojo Master.
  2. Minimum FT5 for #2 challenge and for #1 challenge.
  3. HB challenges will be recorded.
  4. Toe fu master must be present during match.
  5. Have fun.
  6. Players must agree to match rules, setups, sticks and do button check prior.
  7. If #2 loses their challenge to #1, they lose their HB as well.
  8. Players who are present during loss of #2’s HB have the right to challenge others for it.(round robin)
  9. If #1 loses to #2, a penalty period of 24hrs goes into effect where they cannot re challenge.
  10. Once a player earns their HB, they will then be referred to as “#1” and “#2” respectively.
  11. The HBs will be removed and replaced on the swords before departing.
  12. Challenges are made in person or via this thread, players have 7 days to respond or forfeit their HB.
  13. Once a HB has been earned, the recipient cannot be challenged for 24 hrs.
    14. Players challenging #2 must donate 1.00$ dollar to DOJO fund.

Featured VIDEO:
[media=youtube]ARfIml2-G-Q[/media]
One vid will be highlighted every so often to spotlight a hype moment ect.
Thanks for all the ideas, training and support from the community!

PM me for address or any other info!

-Greg :china:

I’ll be there. People who miss this don’t really like video games, they just like to say they do :razzy:

I’ll be there for sure! Are you the guy who ran the mystery tourney with NBA Jam and Windjammers? This sounds nice and friendly to go and relax after GC. Thanks Greg!

The mystery game tournament will be an all fighter tournament with 11 different games. I repeat, 11 different games, all on PS2 or PS1. Lets do work!

i wish i was lol, that sounds awesome:rock: i do have nba jam on snes for some casuals after the tourneys.

there will be pizza and soda for the hungry folks after the GC event!

i want to run this dojo as an extention of the afroDOJO so all tourney and house rules are the same. there are entry fees for the tourneys but the food is free!:tup:

SSf4 entry fee: 5$
Mystery game: 2$

Depending how the GC event goes, I’d like to come out to this.

I’m the one who brings NBA Jam to the masses!

Hopefully I can come to this tomorrow if GC doesn’t completely wipe me out. I may have my laptop setup handy as I have an outstanding Windjammers money match with bokkin.

^YEP I’ll try to make this just for that

Hey Carlos you think you could give me a lift to this from GC? Georgias got the car tomorrow night for her job so I’m looking for some help getting around tomorrow.

The Toe-Fu Title goes to Riki-oh!! congrats my friend!!:rock:

many thanks to all that came out to the toe-fu tourney! special thanks to cole and mor for the help with the brackets:sweat: also, thanks to Chris, Zafo, Georgia, Ryan e. and bowflexmike for coming out! i hope to see more people week after next!

This was awesome. Thanks for hosting!

What’s up greg I’m probably gonna have to hit up one of your tourny’s when I’m up there.

for sure dude! you are welcome anytime for casuals. billy, gene and james come out saturday still. let me know my friend!

Also, i ended up with an extra TE stick for 360 after the event. it has a piece of blue tape on the bottom, says “zack” or “zafo” i thought… no worries, it is being well taken care of… call me to arrange a pickup…

there will be a casual gathering this saturday but no tourney, the tourney will be at the afroDOJO this week. i will post details on the next Toe-Fu DOJO tourney soon!

1st Toe-Fu quote: “the cake owned everyone” cpr balrog

After the running 2 tournaments, losing my first match in singles and working my way out of losers to grand finals at the gameclucks tournament, a kick back mini-tournament with a chill group was exactly what I needed. The cake, pizza and games were too fun. Greg and Ike, thank you :china: Hopefully we can get more Rival Schools in soon. I’m hunting for my copy asap :rock:

lol rival schools is nice! no problem on the food front, thats how we do at the Toe-fu DOJO! i should have more pizza this saturday but im holding off on the cake lol:sweat:too buff

for anyone that isnt going to the afroDOJO this saturday , i will be having a casual gathering starting at 9:30pm and depending on the amount of people, we might do a carpool to the afroDOJO.

let me know if you are coming by so i can get the right amount of setups going! see yall this weekend!

Unclaimed stick!!

ATTENTION,

i still have an unclaimed 360 stick at the Toe-Fu DOJO from last weeks tourney:sweat:, its still safe so no worries:tup:.

I’d check with Bowflex. BFM had (i think) a round 1 TE in his trunk that he asked me to bring in for him while he was parking. I brought it in and sat it up against the wall next to your giant row of sticks. I’m not sure if he ever used it so if that’s where you found it, it’s probably his.

This sounds awesome. But where is it at? And when is the next session? Is this going to be an bi-weekly event like afro-dojo?

wats the address? im trying to hit this u eventually

thanks for showing interest malaujing!:rock: I stay in shoreline right off of balinger way. and yes, it is bi weekly tourneys and casual gatherings on the off weeks. You are more than welcome to come get some games in!

we will have a casual gathering tomorrow night starting 9:30pm for those who cant make it out the afroDOJO.

The next SSF4 tourney is Sautrday 10/9 so be ready!