Time to Kick It: Parappa Thread

Trained by Chop Chop Master Onion, PaRappa is as formidable in combat as he is on stage, bringing all of his talents to bear, the most important of which is his indomitable belief in himself.

Punch N1
Skateboard Slap N2
Mic Toss N3

Uppercut U1
Skateboard B-Boy U2
Boxy Boy U3
Shoulder Thrust S1
Skateboard Overhead Slam S2
Spinning Knuckles S3

Low Kick D1
Skateboard Low Hit D2
Boxy Boy Scatter D3

Super Attacks

Level 1 Super Attack - Romantic Karate
PaRappa does a kung-fu flip-kick, taking out who it hits.

Level 2 Super Attack - Skater Boy
PaRappa takes a ride on his skateboard, taking out anyone he hits.

Level 3 Super Attack - Doom Box ft. PaRappa!!!
Parappa raps the chorus of the song “Parappa’s Live Rap with MC King Kong Mushi” also known as “I gotta believe!” The super cannot be dodged ,but will result in no more than three kills.

[media=youtube]lsc2SthW9NI[/media]

Combos:

S3, N3, N1, D1, U1 (hold), a.N11 [130 AP]

N1, N1, S1, U1 jc a.N3, a.N11 [130 AP]

[N1, D1, N3]x2 N1, D1, N2 [145 AP]

a.S3, a.S1 [N1, D1, N3]x2 N1, D1, N2 [175 AP]

Parappa’s Mic Loop

Spoiler

[media=youtube]hDOqPYe3tWo[/media]

Comboing into Romantic Kick

Spoiler

[media=youtube]TUveMPHtLgg[/media]

Reserved

Hmm is that microphone loop in the final version? Because I can’t get it to connect at all unless the slide hits during its last frames.

Also his up square doesn’t seem to combo after his circle. The AP connects but the hit counter doesn’t so it’s probably that AP glitch in the game.

Sorry just found out that those were beta only combos. Going to remove those.

personaworld’s latest video covers Parappa combos. Last combo features a way on how to combo into Romantic Karate without a wallbounce
[media=youtube]YJAypOh0HGk[/media]

Alright, is there any need to know advice on how to use Parappa? I’ve finished learning up with Sir Daniel and Toro, with Parappa being my next character.
I’m thinking about just using his level 2 unless a level 1 is all I have. Is this a good mind set?

well other than this is what my mind usually tells me to do but other than that you gotta believe!!!

If you can, learn how to combo into his lvl1. If you’re uncertain and feel like his lvl2 does it best, use his lvl2. I usually save enough bar for two lvl1s. After I combo into my lvl1, I build an decent amount of AP for a lvl2.

Is there any definitive way to combo into lvl 1 because no matter what I just cant seem to get it to connect.

Using a wallbounce usually helps land lvl1 easier. Although which combo are you having trouble landing?

I’m having issues doing the combos that PersonaWorld has in the video. I know that the last one against sweet tooth is specific to him but I still can’t do it.

You could just do U1 when they are on the floor to punish them and time the J.S2 for the kill.

Make sure you’re tapping U1 first off or else it won’t work. j.S2 is timing based aswell, usually do it when Sweet Tooth is positioned diagonally. Then when you get the hit, immediately lvl1 super.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kIUgIinqSI&feature=youtube_g

Corner combo for 155AP.
S.3, N.3, N.1, D.1, light upper, hard upper, U.3(Boxy)

I’m assuming that 175AP combo doesn’t work now due to the mic loop being gone, right? I didn’t play the beta, so I had no clue about it. Lol

Yeah, I’m upset that they removed though. Still using his Uppercut Loop though.

I’m loving how Parappa has like a bajillion 145AP combos though. He has a 145 for almost every set up. I feel like the knockback from the AP burst can give you enough time to collect some extra AP with scatter while the opponent is still flying through the air. He has some great mobility to open people up, so I find him to be quite then meter builder even without that mic loop. Those uppercut loops midscreen are stylin!!

EDIT: Also just for information sake of the thread, hard uppercut has less start up than the light version. I tested this by trying raw uppercuts after mic grab. You can always hard U1, but light will get blocked.

Also, Parappa can gain tons of AP when doing a combo next to a boombox. Not sure of the most he can gain from it but I’ve been able to get around 174 AP.

The only problem with that is that your opponent can collect the AP as well. If they happen to block punish mic or S3 as your combo starter it’ll backfire on you and they’ll be the ones getting the huge boost. Or even if they make a good read on you and sidestep through to open you up. It just seems much safer as a burst follow up. AP is AP either way after all.