Time to Kick It: Parappa Thread

Pretty much what you said is true. I’ve been able to mic grab a few folks who think taking the air or rolling towards me is a good idea but I’d have to camp on the other side of the screen.

Well, I just figured out a 155 midscreen combo. (185 with scatter follow up)
Mic, N1, D1, light U1xxjump,A.S2, hard U1xxBoxy.

I used to think this wouldn’t work because when I tried before the opponent would be knocked out of boxy range and I would have to end with an A.S3 for the usual 145.
The trick to the spacing is the timing of the A.S2. I’m not sure of the exact timing, but you have a gasp of time to react and tell if it’s boxy range or not and be able to hit U3 or S3.

I can imagine some people having problems landing the hard uppercut after the A.S2 and the trick to that is just pressing up+back+2. Parappa will uppercut in whatever direction you press along with up and that’s required for this combo to work.

Also. A good use for boxy on the ground is against dodge happy opponents. If they roll and land anywhere close to you they’ll eat boxy on recovery. You can also do a sliding boxy if you get a good run going then input U3. Idk a specific use for this yet though.

Whew. I’ve been discovering so much Parappa stuff this past week. I might just make a video.

I learned that my midscreen 155 combo will sometimes easily wiff on slim characters like Raiden and Sly. But, I figured out an alt 155 combo that works on them midscreen.

Mic, N1, D1, hard upper, fall down a bit then A.S2, hard upper, boxy/ tackle (155/145).

It ends the same as the first combo where you kinda have to react as to what finisher to use, but I find that it will not only land more consistantly, but it’s also more likely to get boxy off of this version.

I’ve also figured out somethings regarding parappa’s run. If you do some moves in the middle of a run he’ll slide while doing them and you get sort of a kara effect. This appplies to boxy, throws, and even his D1. If you try it you’ll notice that he will do a longer version of the slide that causes a slightly longer float on hit. This making it able to combo into mic off of it. I was able to use it instead of tackle as a starter to the 155 corner combo I posted before.

Yeah, someone on the allstararena forum found out about the slide when doing moves thing. I like to think of it as a psuedo - DACUS.

I went on allstar arena the other day. All I saw was like 5 pages of complaining. Lol

EDIT: Well, this is weird. Went on there again today and it looked like a completely different site. I mean it was the same site, but saw no cry baby threads and it actually had character subforms unlike the other day. Odd.

The pseudo-slide can trip a lot of people up and lead into big AP gain with the Uppercut/Skateboard loop. Has anybody found a use for his S.1? I cant seem to do anything off of it cept maybe try and go for a throw

Shoulder ram? Do shoulder ram, hard upper, jump mic grab, kick-kick

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

The S1 is useful after a raw air S2 launch and can lead into 145AP.

As for after just a S1 you can hard upper, fall a bit then S2, hard upper again once you land then jump cancel into S3/mic grab, 1, 1.

Just discovered this combo off up grab
up grab > short launcher > jc > air forward triangle > held launcher (reversed input as you should cross up at this point) > whiffed down square > held launcher > jc > mic > squares
Forgot how much ap you get but it does burst. Also midscreen only I think.
Also maybe you could go for a bad reset by keeping them on the ground for the most part then using neutral square/squares to try to get a grab on recovery.

[media=youtube]n-GkxGlDrWc[/media]

I’m pretty sure people have already done this at some point. I kinda discovered upon it myself the other day and even did it in 2 matches online today against a Kratos and a Heihachi into level 1. And it’s an easy 150AP atleast if you just keep doing it.