"Time for a Comeback!"- The UMvC3 Tron Bonne Combos/Combo Video Thread

Upon Rikir’s suggestion of reorganizing the Tron forums, I’ve decided to help myself to the new combo thread. So welcome! Over here we can share our Tron Bonne combos (arguably one of the most important things that got changed with her). Feel free to post your combo videos here.

You’re free to use any common notation for your combos, but some guidelines:
>For moves that hit multiple times, make sure the # of hits done is told right next to it (unless you’re letting all of it’s hits land, i.e. fM, or a mashable super)
>If a move is mashed, make sure it is known
>Damage/assists/situation (corner only? crossup?) and net metergain should all be told somewhere
>A description isn’t necessary, but helps a lot

For example:

Off a jH

[details=Spoiler]jH, (j)RDP-H (8-9 hits), sM (4 hits), fH, jMMH, jRDP-H (6-9 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-L, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH , (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

BnB requires Sentinel (Drones) assist.

BnB seemingly works on most of the cast (worked on Wolverine, RR and the like), anywhere; although # of hits and damage overall will vary by the size of the character. The initial drill can be done in the air if it is a character at least “Cap” size or taller. Otherwise it must be done on the ground.

In the corner, I recommend jumping straight up in the air for the jMMH before the last jRDP-H for maximum consistency.

Roughly 940,700-973,100 damage, Meter Neutral.[/details]

With that aside:
Legend
Attack Buttons:
:l: = :snka: = Light
:m: = :snkb: = Medium
:h: = :snkc: = Heavy
:s: = :snkd: = Special/Launcher
:atk: = Anyone of L,M, or H
:a1: = Assist 1
:a2: = Assist 2

Numpad Notation:

Are all corresponding to directions. For example, a QCF would be “236”, a SRK “623” and so on. 5 is standing, 2 is crouching, 6 is forward, 4 is backwards, 8 is up and the rest are diagonals.

Terms:
sj = Super Jump
dj = Double Jump
(Mash) = Mash
Air Combo/Air Series/Magic Series: Usually just jMMHS
sX = Standing Attack
cX = Crouching Attack
jX = Jumping Attack

ClakeyD Ender:
Small Wall ‘o’ text

[details=Spoiler]Most of you will know what I am referring to, but it has changed a bit in terms of timing since Ultimate due to the Boulder and Drones nerfs.

Aerial Magic Series, :a2: (Drones), d:h: (4 hits), f:h:, :qcf::h:

The difference is that against smaller characters, Tron has to start dH later than before, so that the drones will juggle them and prevent them from flipping out. Then, you should Boulder Cancel into H-Beacon Bomb as the third drone will juggle them into it. At least it works on Zero and RR! :wgrin: [/details]

Alright with that all said, sharing is caring. :wink2:

Off an air throw at Super Jump Height

Spoiler

AIRTHROW, ADF, jMS, sL, sM (4 hits), fM, jMHS, sL, sM (4 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, RDP-H (Mash) (Pre-Cancel) QCF-XX

>Requires ClakeyD Ender assist (I use Drones)

A variation of Rikir’s SJ Airthrow combo. Basically using the negate groundbounce series to squeeze out as much meter as possible. Does 915k, meter neutral. It’s possible that this combo isn’t even optimized yet. Unfortunately, this combo will simply not happen outside of the corner if you’ve already used your single air dash.

Off an air throw at neutral jump height

Spoiler

AIRTHROW, jM, jRDP-H (8 hits), fM, jMHS, sL, sM (4 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, FallingjH, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH , (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

Make sure that you input the jM after the air throw quickly! The falling jH is probably not gonna be used, but it CAN be done. Does around 890,100 damage, meter neutral.

jH combo from the OP

Spoiler

jH, (j)RDP-H (8-9 hits), sM (4 hits), fH, jMMH, jRDP-H (6-9 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH , (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

BnB seemingly works on most of the cast (worked on Wolverine, RR and the like), anywhere; although # of hits and damage overall will vary by the size of the character. The initial drill can be done in the air if it is a character at least “Cap” size or taller. Otherwise it must be done on the ground.

In the corner, I recommend jumping straight up in the air for the jMMH before the last jRDP-H for maximum consistency.

Roughly 940,700-973,100 damage, Meter Neutral.

jH crossup with Press the Witness

Spoiler

A2 + jH, jMHS, sM (4 hits), fM, jMHS, sM (4 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

>Requires ClakeyD Ender assist (I use Drones) and Press the Witness assist.

Does approximately 1mil! Slightly meter positive, works on pretty much the whole cast, anywhere as a crossup. The Press the Witness assist keeps them high enough in the air that you can go into Tron’s “Negate Groundbounce” series of jMHS, sM.

Double Overhead jM

Spoiler

jMM, cM, cH (4 hits), fH, RDP-H, sL, sM (4 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

Does approximately 1 mil as well. Meter neutral, doesn’t work on everybody small and is best done on larger characters.

Tron’s Crossover Counter ToD

Spoiler

Gustaff Fire, TK-RDP-H (Mash), sM (4 hits), fH, jMHS, sM (4 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

Should ground drill come out instead of air drill, I recommend adding a sL before the sM. I need not state the value of having access to a 950k combo that can be done from an invincible reversal crossover counter. Net gain -1 bar.

jMHS chain on aerial opponents

Spoiler

jMHS, sM (4 hits), fH, jMHS, sM (4 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

A combo for sniping aerial opponents at neutral jump height. Uses the “Negate Groundbounce” series twice. Does approx. 1 mil damage, meter neutral.

Gustaff Fire Antiair Combo

Spoiler

fM, jMHS, sM (4 hits), fH, jMHS, sL, sM (4hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, Falling jH, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

A similar combo to the one above, except Gustaff Fire is the starter. Since Gustaff Fire scales combos significantly, this one does slightly less damage, however it starts off of something less risky than jM imo. Does roughly 921,900; meter neutral.

Gustaff Fire Antiair Combo B

Spoiler

fM, jMMS, sM (4 hits), fM, jMHS, sL, sM (4hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, Falling jH, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

Same starter as the above combo, but created to cover the awkward angle Gustaff Fire places them if Tron’s up close. It’s demoed in the below video at 2:24.

Off a cL

Spoiler

cL (6 hits), sM (4 hits), cH (4 hits), fH, RDP-H (8 hits), sL, sM (4 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits) (Premature Cancel), QCF-XX (Mash)

Now, you may be going “wtf, you’re letting cL do damage scaling?”, but there are reasons why I do so. Firstly, it gives ample time to hitconfirm; Secondly, it leads to two bars at the end; Finally, Tron usually ends up at max scaling at some point early anyway (in a practical combo at least). Her strength is/was her ability to chain so many moves in combos. Combo barely breaks 800k iirc, and is meter neutral.

cL Relaunch

Spoiler

cL (1 hit), cM, sH, S, jMMH (Paced), jRDP-H, sH, S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, (Falling) jH, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH (Delay), RDP-H (Mash) (Pre-Cancel), QCF-XX

A better cL combo I saw Rikir using at Winterbrawl. Combo can also be simply started off a cM, or a Double jM into cM. The trick to getting the sH is to pace out your air-series so that she juggles them with Aerial Bonne Strike while low to the ground (almost TK height). Does roughly 1,062,600 meter neutral.

In case you’re wondering, “Premature Cancel” the RDP-H drill is referring to canceling the drill into Lunchrush before the “Burst” part of it hits. This way, you squeeze out more meter/damage before your super.

A strange thing I’ve noticed with Tron’s combos are that they are fairly strict in timing now, in comparison to before. Now let’s see what you’ve got!

Off a jH crossup/fake crossup with Shopping Cart assist

Spoiler

jH + Cart, jMMH, jRDP-H (Mash) (15 hits), sH, S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, (Falling) jH, sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (1-14 hits), QCF-XX, (DHC after 1st hit) QCB-XX, backdash QCF-S, QCF-M, SRK-M, QCF-S

>Requires Shopping Cart assists (or really, whatever helps with her crossup)

For those not in the know, “Falling jH” is a way for players to chain one more hit of 12k damage before a sH-Drill, after a groundbounce’d L-Beacon Bomb. The jH has to be done very close to the ground to ensure that the recovery is canceled in time for sH. jH has fairly large minimum hitstun so this works nicely, even after long combos.

Does 857,700-869,700 damage. Builds two bars before the first super (This matters if Tron is starting with no meter. Not always gonna happen, but meter optimization is important.). Net meter gain is around +55-60% of a bar. You can optionally choose to do a Survival Techniques after the second snapshot at the cost of less than half a bar. That would bump the combo to about 1.033mil damage.

Here’s a visual demonstration of most of the above bNbs:
[media=youtube]Tr-Wt0aZm6U[/media]

jS bNb at Neutral Jump Height

Spoiler

jS, jMMH, jMMH, jRDP-H, sHS, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, [King Kobun, etc] OR [jHS, RDP-H (Mash) (Pre-Cancel), QCF-XX, (DHC on first hit) QCB-XX, backdash, QCF-S, QCF-M, SRK-M, QCF-S]

>Requires Frank 2nd if using the second ending

Assuming you are using Frank and leveling him up, this bNb technically builds the two bars it uses (still have to use the second bar first), but it does great. The first two parts of the air series go for damage rather than meter because Tron seemingly cannot build two bars off a jS starter (without two assists AFAIK anyway). Does 923,100 finishes at about +18% net meter gain. Again, you can choose to spend more meter to finish most characters off with Survival Techniques.

jS bNb at Super Jump Height

Spoiler

jS, jMMH, jRDP-H (Mash), sHS, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, [King Kobun, etc] OR [jHS, RDP-H (Mash) (Pre-Cancel), QCF-XX, (DHC on first hit) QCB-XX, backdash, QCF-S, QCF-M, SRK-M, QCF-S ]

>Requires Frank 2nd if using the second ending

Same concept as the above combo. Assuming you are leveling up Frank, does 925,100 and maybe +19% of a bar net gain. I guess HSD prevents you from doing the same exact combo as before since time is lost at super jump height.

Bonne Mixer-H bNb (Midscreen)

Spoiler

HCB-H, Double Wavedash (call A1 in b/t dashes), cH, jMHS, sM (4 hits), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, Falling jH, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (Pre-cancel) QCF-XX

>Requires extension assist for OTG (I use Shopping Cart)

The timing on this sucks so much that I recommend you practice this until you master it. Having a meter neutral combo that does 980,400 off a 1f command throw is useful.

Unfortunately, the first jMHS cannot be done on characters the size of Arthur and smaller (outside of the corner). Meaning, you’ll have to skip that and just do sHS after the OTG. Leads to 750k very meter positive, so you’ll have to spend a little bit more to TOD the pixies.

Corner Carry, Revised Ground Throw bNb

Spoiler

Throw, Double Wavedash (if needed), cH + A1, jMMH, jRDP-H (Mash), S, jMMHS, ClakeyD Ender, jHS, QCF-H, Falling jH, sH, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, (Delay) RDP-H (Mash) (Pre-cancel) QCF-XX

>Requires assist to extend off cH (I use Shopping Cart)

Not as strict as Bonne Mixer, thankfully. BnB has been tested to work on Arthur, so I’d assume it works on most of the cast. Does 947k, meter neutral.

Solo combo off jH

Spoiler

jH, (j)RDP-H, sL, sM (4 hits), fM, jMHS, sL, sM (4 hits), fM, jH (Delay), jS, QCF-H, SRK-XX (Mash), sH, RDP-H (Mash)

Does 661k; slightly meter positive.

The above bNbs are demonstrated below:
[media=youtube]reAuUSfRv94[/media]

Reserved.

looks good so far, should we post combos from the guide (is this even allowed?)

I don’t see why not. I personally dislike how a bunch of them are meter negative though.

agreed, might still be good to have here even as comparison

My tech for the team of Tron (I think I use boulder…)/Frank (Cart)/Nova (Centurion Rush)

[media=youtube]LVKtJB59q88[/media]
Overall video showing some combos, setups, etc

j.H BNB (from a canceled airdash, retaining horizontal momentum)

[details=Spoiler][media=youtube]Sx9T_4efhZA[/media]

j.:h: s.:l: c.:m: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: s.:l::m: :f:+:m: s.:s: sj.:m::m::h::s: c.:h:~:a1: (Cart) s.:s:* sj.:h::s: :a2: c.:h: :qcf:+:l: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:** DHC Frank
*: I think you can sneak in a c.:m: as :a1: hits, but I don’t risk hitstun deterioration popping them out for such meager damage.
**: My combos end in Lunch Rush to level Frank up. Once I get access to the game again I’ll try to figure out how I can connect a King Kobun or THC instead. Does anyone have a good setup? I have a feeling the Nova groundbounce makes this easy to do…
[/details]

j.S BNB

[details=Spoiler][media=youtube]jBdGa-hrwqY[/media]
j.:s: land j.:m::m::h: land s.:h: :rdp:+:h: s.:l::m: :f:+:m: s.:s: sj.:m::m::h::s: c.:h:~:a1: s.:s: sj.:h::s: :a2: c.:h: :qcf:+:l: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:[/details]

Ground Throw

[details=Spoiler][media=youtube]ICyYjFYVWgU[/media]
Throw wavedash c.:h:~:a1: j.:m::m::h: s.:m: :f:+:m: jc.:h::s: s.:h::s:* sj.:h::s: :a2: c.:h: :qcf:+:l: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk: DHC Frank

*: I feel like I can get extra damage in here by doing a :qcf:+:l: or :h:, but I’m not sure. Same goes for all combos of this format.[/details]

Airthrow

[details=Spoiler]
Airthrow j.:m: :rdp:+:h: land j.:m::m::h: s.:m: :f:+:m: jc.:h::s: s.:h::s: sj.:h::s: :a2: c.:h: :qcf:+:l: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk: DHC Frank[/details]

Cart Crossup

[details=Spoiler][media=youtube]tVeEHsrmb58[/media]
:a1: j.:h: xx :rdp:+:h: land j.:m::m::h: s.:m: :f:+:m: jc.:h::s: s.:h::s: sj.:h::s: :a2: c.:h: :qcf:+:l: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk: DHC Frank[/details]

Nova Unblockable

[details=Spoiler]
:a2: wavedash c.:l::m: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: s.:l::m: :f:+:m: s.:s: sj.:m::m::h::s: c.:h:~:a1: :qcf:+:h: j.:h::s: :qcf:+:l: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:[/details]

Command Throw

[details=Spoiler]
:hcb:+:h: c.:h:~:a1: :qcf:+:h: j.:h::s: :qcf:+:l: s.:h::s: sj.:h::s: :a2: c.:h: :qcf:+:l: s.:h: :rdp:+:h: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:[/details]

Frank DHC

[details=Spoiler]
Confirm Lunch Rush’s 1st Hit, then DHC :qcb:+:atk::atk: backdash :qcf:+:s: (L4) :qcf:+:m: :dp:+:m: :qcf:+:s: (L5) :qcb:+:atk::atk:[/details]

Allright this looks good guys! Maybe you should add her movelist in there with the motions so new players know what move theyre doing. Or we can put that in the General Thread. lol

Lol branespload I have been asked on at least 3 different occasions if I am you! I really like your tech! We play the same team and it is cool to finally understand wtf they were talking about! Would love to get some games in sometime!

GT: SERVEbots UNITE

ahhh haha okay people were telling me on that vid there was someone on XBL playing my team, I exclusively play offline haha. man if you ever come up with amazing tech or combos that do more damage than the ones i’ve posted hit me up! i’ll be posting everything i have about that team where it’s appropriate so keep your eyes peeled. :3

Added two more combos in my post. fM anti air into Negate Groundbounce loop is godlike. Actually, that loop is just amazing in general. Sadly, I rely on Drones almost too much for my combos.

Btw is it just me, or is sL one of her worst HSD inflicting normals now? While trying to build my combos, I’ve noticed that placing sL before sM will cause certain air loops to not work. Even if it’s something like sLM (3 hits total); that won’t work like sM (4 hits). :wtf:

With the j.M double over head combo you listed Dazed, you can actually do Lunch Rush off the ground bounce into Sentinel’s Plasma Sphere for 915-920K with mash. I find the last drill hard to cancel fast enough so this looks pretty good for me, less net meter though of course. Just thought it was something worth noting.

I have some stuff, ill record videos later.

I’m sure this isn’t news, but figure I’d share that any combo you start off a j.S can still utilize a Clakey D esque ender. When you do the QCF H immediately go to Servbot Surprise. Obviously you can’t do the normal j.HS due to losing your ground bounce, but depending on how you start your combo this still nets damage in the 800Ks if you follow up with H RDP H Lunch Rush.

Yeah, that was my DHC glitch setup when I played Tron/Hulk/Sent in Vanilla (back then, I never understood why players complained about starting combos w/jS. Still did 900k+. Not the case anymore :().

I think I have one or two more combos to post today; One off a SJ jMS, another Tron/Frank combo (you’ll love this one Brane, btw, you can add a Falling jH before the final sH in most of your combos.). Maybe I should try making one of those “combo videos” lolol.

Side note, I can’t seem to find ways to increase the damage on these. I must be doing something wrong…

i’d love to see it… i tried doing j.h land s.h xx drill h qcf+pp but they pop out. I modified my ender to be more practical/easy to do in a match tho – after nova groundbounce into qcf+L, I actually backdash first so i can just do s.H xx drill immediately instead of trying to time the drill cancel when the opponent falls at the right height after the s.H

but please, do share~

I edited it in my second post. Falling jH timing takes some getting used to, but the minimum hitstun on it pretty much guarantees it chaining after a sH, if after a Groundbounce’d L Beacon Bomb (or at least, it seems to work in my lengthy combo). It works since the recovery is cancel’d by landing, and you can do the sH.

Oh shoot I still havent recorded anything daghhhh.

Am I allowed to plug my video? :slight_smile:

[media=youtube]xPML0TougVQ[/media]