"Time for a Comeback!"- The UMvC3 Tron Bonne Combos/Combo Video Thread

lol of course, and yay MM8 music.

So I just got a combo that builds 2 bars off an air throw at neutral jump height (hooray Drones). :sunglasses: Editing it in now.

Can’t seem to combo after a super jump air throw though. I do a drill to get closer to them, and I DO get the dH in time for the OTG, but they always flip out after the H Drill. I can’t ever get a sL after. How do you guys do it?

Also, Tron can do a “Falling jH” after a groundbounce L-Beacon Bomb before the sH into King Kobun. I think this actually works because of the jH nerf, since it knocks them farther back now. Timing on it is pretty stupid though (I’d say impractical but my execution is ass, so who knows?). :sweat:

Hmmm Superjump height… ill record some videos later for you, im sure I have something.

As for the falling J.H thing, it does definitely work practically, the only problem is that it doesnt gaurantee two King Kobuns.

Tron superjump air grab confirms:

[media=youtube]RfXnhPTbNZs[/media]

[media=youtube]lEYEfePzsK8[/media]

[media=youtube]kPJcEuodC_8[/media]

Ill add info and stuff later, tired right now >_>.

A bit late on this, sorry fellas!

I planned on making an individual video for each combo I’d put on here, but I don’t have the time and patience as my recording setup’s been giving me trouble as of late. I did manage to record one more clip so one of the last combos I’ll put on here will have it’s individual clip.

I was going to replace a few assists, especially those with Iron Fist, as I don’t really see any of you playing him along with Tron,
Tried to make it work myself, amazing (and super fast) assist for Tron, you can throw Beacon Bomb if you get anyone with a Rising Fang to continue combos from anywhere in the screen. but fighting any character (and even worse an entire team) built to zone you out is not going to be pretty.

Anyway, here’s my stuff!
[media=youtube]3wvvMW4Gras[/media]

Video Description / Notes

[details=Spoiler]
[LEFT]Tron may be a bit crippled when it comes to hitstun deterioration on her special moves, but there are workaround to her combo-ability.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]First and foremost, Tron is best used on point. Aside from better using her large health pool, she becomes a bigger threat utilizing two different assists,[/LEFT]
[LEFT]One of the biggest complaints is being unable to keep her combos going. This should be expected, it is not the same game as vanilla mvc3.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]I realized that her jumping Heavy seems to cause most of those issues, so learn to use j.M, or my favorite, j.S[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Although sacrificing the ground bounce to extend damage/combos, it’s possible to keep combos going without letting the opponent touch the ground before initiating an air combo.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]j.S has great length, and it’s fast enough to catch an assist. Most of my “Happy Birthdays” come from a well placed j.S =][/LEFT]
[LEFT]If Tron is left as the last character with level 3 x-factor, as seen in the last clip, Tron on her own is fully capable of taking out the entire roster with x-factor without the use of hyper combos.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]She gains 15% speed boost, which is just enough to give boulder bandit better use, ignoring a fair amount of deterioration and allowing you to relaunch for extra damage.[/LEFT]
[LEFT][/details]
[/LEFT]

Note: Adding move names for the new players as suggested by Rikir.
I’m also going to skip a few of the clips in the video that either don’t really require much illustration, have all around better versions on here already, or have been altered.
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

Combo #1 (sped up on video) No Assists

Spoiler

j:m::m: land s.:l: c.:m: :f:+:h:(Bandit Boulder) :rdp:+:h: (fully mash Bonne Strike) s.:l: s.:m: (4 hits) :f::m: (Gustaff Fire) j.:m::h::s: :qcf:+:h:(H Beacon Bomb) :dp:+:atk::atk: (King Servbot) s.:h: :dp:+:atk::atk: s.:h: :rdp:+:h:(Premature Cancel) :qcf:+:atk::atk: (Lunch Rush)

Total Damage = 1,096,000 - 1,110,100 depending on the number of hits on last drill rush
Requires close to 2 bars at start
Builds 1.3
Uses 3

Combo #2 Cancelling ground bounce with projectile to extend combo

Spoiler

:a2:(Hawkeye Triple Arrow) air dash j.:s: s.:l: c.:m: :f:+:m: (Gustaff Fire) j.:m::h::s: land s.:m: :f:+:m: j.:h: j.:s: land :qcf:+:l: (L Beacon Bomb) s.:h:~:a1: (Doom Missiles) s.:s: sj :h: :s: land, backdash :qcf:+:h:(H Beacon Bomb) :dp:+:atk::atk: (King Servbot) s.:h: :dp:+:atk::atk:

Total Damage = 850-880k depending on how well you mash
Requires 1 bar at start
Builds 1.5
Uses 2

Combo #3 is just trying to show a possible THC/Crossover Combination from a throw using the new boulder bandit cancel
Still playing around with this, especially with characters who don’t have OTGs on their hypers.
I wouldn’t really recommend using this, unless you know it’ll get you the KO like in the video or you’re desperate to get the kill against the opponent’s best character.

Combo #4 Starting from j.S / Ground Bounce

Spoiler

j.:s: land j.:m::h::s: land s.:m: (4 hits) s.:h: s.:s: sj :m::m::h::s: c.:h:~:a1:(Iron Fist Rising Fang) :qcf:+:m:(M Beacon Bomb) slight wait :a2: (Doom Missiles) s.:h: s.:s: sj :h::s: WD back :qcf:+:h: (H Beacon Bomb) :dp:+:atk::atk:(King Servbot)

This one was designed to kill the weaker/smaller characters with the least amount of meter, I’d recommend starting this one with at least half a bar on you, as you might land an additional lunch rush/DHC if need be (Ammy comes to mind)
Total Damage = 759K
Requires 0 bars at start
Builds 1.6
Uses 1

Combo #5 on Dormammu is mostly just filler/freestylin’ lol
I wouldn’t recommend using it, unless it’s for the KO :smiley:

Combo #6 on Spencer, I suggest you utilize the Off a ground throw combo Dazed posted instead for more damage.

Combo #7 on Strider, use the Off an air throw combo Dazed posted.
(quick question though, Dazed, HOW in the world do you connect the j.H, let alone a s.H into Servbot Surprise at such low height??? I’ve been trying all day and can’t get it done. I even switch the beacon bomb H just to see if I could get the characters high enough to allow me. If anyone could record this, or explain to me, that’d be great.

Combo #8 on Nova, will be replaced with this:

BnB starting from j.M Frank West DHC to Lvl 5

Spoiler

[media=youtube]A5orKtIyr60[/media]
j.:m::m: land s:l: c:m: :f:+:h: (Boulder Bandit) :rdp:+:h: (fully mash Bonne Strike) s.:l: s.:m: (4 hits) :f:+:m:(Gustaff Fire) j.:m::h::s: land s.:m: (4 hits) s.:s: sj :m::m::h::s: :a2:(Vergil Rapid Slash) slight delay c.:h: :qcf:+:h: (H Beacon Bomb) j.:h::s: land :qcf:+:l: (L Beacon Shot) neatrual j.:h: s.:h: slight delay :rdp:+:h:(Premature Cancel) :qcf:+:atk::atk: (Lunch Rush) :qcb::atk::atk: (DHC Frank West whiff) backdash :qcf:+:s: (Snapshot Lvl 4) :qcf:+:m: (Tools of Survival) :dp:+:m:(Roundhouse Kick) :a1: :qcf:+:s:(Lvl 5)

Total Damage = 1 Million
Requires 0 bars at start
Builds 2.8
Uses 2

Combo #9 starting with j.H

Spoiler

j.:h: air:rdp:+:m:(M Bonne Strike no mash) land s.:l: s.:m: :rdp:+:m: (no mash) s.:l: s.:s: sj :m::m::h::s: ClakeyD ender j.:h::s: :qcf:+:l: (L Beacon Bomb) s.:h:~:a1:(Doom Missiles) s.:s: sj :h::s: WD back :qcf:+:h: (H Beacon Bomb) :dp:+:atk::atk:(Servbot Surprise/King Kobun) s.:h: :dp:+:atk::atk: s.:h: :qcf:+:atk::atk:(Lunch Rush)

Total Damage = 1 Million
Requires 1 bar at start
Builds 2
Uses 3

Holy crap, this took longer than I thought lol first time I do this stuff, so bear with me.

Some real nice stuff Churro I’m gonna try out that j.M starter combo

Thank you Rikir! My standard air throw bNb was unable to work on those combo starters (since HSD is on a timer), but I was able to come up with an even better one after some tinkering (it doesn’t work on NJ air throws though). 915k/2 bars off a SJ airthrow 'aint to shabby, no? :wink:

[media=youtube]5SqvoGLgGLw[/media]

@Churro; After spending some time with it, I think I figured how it works. There is a certain timing that must be done on the jHS before the groundbounce. Then, I jump forward and fall from 7 to 3 (look at numpad on keyboard).

While falling low to the ground, I do a falling jH into sH. If I fell right, Tron’s backfist on sH will hit them at the odd upwards angle that let’s me do King Kobun after a sH. If I finally perfect a method, I’ll post (If I wasn’t in a rush, I would have gotten it in the above video). :sweat:

Wowwee this looks good. Ill try this later.

Nice!, and I figured maybe that’s what I was doing wrong, I’ll try it out, thanks!

Added a video of most of my bNbs to the third post. Should help those that want a visual. Almost all of them have a Falling jH before the King Kobun so you can see how it works…:wink:

Great stuff Dazed :3. I came up with a pretty good BnB awhile ago so ill post it up the next time I get the chance.

Instead of the falling H, st. H xx King Kobun ender (and optionally omitting the last beacon bomb), going straight into King Kobun allows you to combo two King Kobun hypers (with the option for Lunchtime or air reset at the end). Doesn’t that do more damage than the j.H ender?

I adressed this at the end of the video. It probably would, but my combos are starting at 0 meter (unlikely to happen with a Tron team, but still). I guess I can try practicing some later, I just have a dislike for spending meter I don’t have…

Edit: Also, many thanks to whoever submitted that vid on SRK’s front page! :smiley:

[media=youtube]jW183z7gIo4[/media]

Someone using my Tron/Spencer setup from Vanilla. I need to ditch Spencer’s armor piercer assist since it screws with the height on the reset. (Beacon bomb will freeze them too high up and the AA grab will whiff.)

Hmmm, Im not sure if this video belongs in the Combo thread.

This probably isn’t news, but I just found that since jS is still a soft knockdown if the groundbounce is lost, Tron can chain more moves after it.

I remembered Persona telling me back in Vanilla that you could chain H-Bonne Strike after an Aerial Rave (hard knockdown) jS. Just for shits and giggles, I decided to apply this concept to her combos started by a jS (as in, after the ClakeyD ender that normally leaves them fairly high).

I think the jH nerf made it even easier in this game (used to be hard as fuck for me to do). Because of this (since I play Tron/Frank/Sent), I can now get Frank to level 5 off a jS, meter neutral without wasting another bar on King Kobun (edited the combo in my post below the video). I’ll admit that I haven’t tested the combo on the likes of Sentinel/RR yet, but I must say that I even got it to work online of all places, so I know that it’s practical. :slight_smile:

Oh thats interesting, I know you can link a s.L after an aerial rave but I never thought about drills lol.

[media=youtube]aIMBvlKO5cE[/media]=
[media=youtube]gw3fptCrcmY[/media]

Did a little housekeeping (replaced all the QCF-Ls with QCF-H, found a better ground combo, a better solo combo, and added my Bonne Mixer bNb), I also added a video of these bNbs below the first one.

It’s strange, while looking for a mid-screen throw combo that would work on Arthur, I ended up finding a better one that works on near the whole cast. :wtf:

So I’ve reverted to my vanilla team of Tron, Haggar and Doom…

and I’ve come up with a j.H and a j.S combo that do about 1.2 million damage starting from 1 bar and can set up Haggar’s corner hoodlum launch reset (in the rare event I fight a thor). I feel like it might be impractically strict to do (the j.S one especially) so I havent been able to get a video of them done correctly… but hopefully by monday night I should have something. B)