Tiers for non-fighting games?

Might as well join it:

Dynasty Warriors 3-5:
Top Tier:
Wu Dynasty- It seems people down out Wu for specific reasons but it has one positive: strength in numbers. In every battle I’ve played with or against the Wu, they always outnumber me. This is good for longevity battles. We’re talkin bout fuckin 50 MINUTE FIGHTS!!! If you go ahead and kill the commander, it’s still 20 minutes but if u like having the odds against you and enjoy 1000 K.O. fights, this is the Dynasty to roll with.
Best Officers:
Zhou Yu
Sun Ce
Zhou Tai
Ling Tong(5)
Gan Ning(if you cocky)

Mid Tier(tie):
Wei Dynasty- This is the mid level dynasty that has fewer officers but strength is upon them. The Wei could be known as the “powerhouse” dynasty due to strength outlook at the beginning of Musou Mode. Slow yet powerful, going against this dynasty could produce more challenge than Wu could dream of. If you like to go for a swift kill to the commander but don’t like killing sprees, go against this dynasty. If you want power, USE this dynasty.
Best Officers:
Xaihou Dun
Xaihou Yuan
Cao Pi(5)
Xu Huang
Cao Ren

Shu Dynasty- The underdogs. Much smaller than Wei or Wu with fewer officers, why should you use this dynasty? Musou Gauge. These officers pack MAJOR musou which means longer devestation to the battlefield. Going against this dynasty isnt much challenge and very few officers for any killing sprees that go past 600 K.O. Although thought to be weak, this dynasty can keep in the battle longer due to another commander in the mist.
Best Officers:
Ma Chao
Pang Tong(for good musou)
Jiang Wei
Guan Ping(5)

Low Tier:
Other Kingdoms- The only thing that keeps this dynasty from sucking is Lu Bu. The others aren’t worth your time.
Best OFFICER:
Lu Bu…nuff said…

Man…I had a pretty huge post last night, but it got deleted :sad: …shoot, I guess I’ll do it again.

Rpg Tiers, I’m considering the fact you would’ve maxed them out to their limits Legally.

Chrono Trigger

Top Tier
Chrono - Rainbow Sword with 70% Critical’s ='s Ownage, add the fact that he’s one of the fastest characters within the game, Plus extremely useful skills, pratically all the triple attacks combine with him, and Luminaire which is a Top Tier Magic Attack and he’s the best, plain and simple.

Ayla - She’s not so hot at the beginning, however later on, she begins to shine, especially when she goes from Fist, to Bronze Fist, to Iron Fist. That is where she’s at her best, doing 1.8k on a non-critical hit, and 9999 on a critical hit, plus she’s got the highest critical hit rate(excluding Chrono with Rainbow) there is no need to use her skills, she’s also one of the fastest, makes her well worth it.

Robo - He can be strong, but he lacks the criticals, however, his balance of powerful magic attacks/combined with his ability to heal everyone, sets him up here, but under Chrono and Marle.

Lucca - She can do over 2k+ with Wondershot, but her Fire Attacks are too good to pass up, especially Flare, one of the best magic attacks in the game as well.

Middle Tier
Magus/Frog - Magus would be better if he did more criticals, but his offensive magic puts him here definetly, Dark Matter is his saving grace, other than that, he’s okay. Frog is actually really good offensively, paired with Hero Medal, criticals happen as much as Chrono with Rainbow. However he lacks useful magical skills which limit him, yes, he can do alot of criticals, but when you have Ayla who can pull off 4k-9999 it’s not as great.

Lower Tier
Marle - Let’s face it man, her damage potential sucks. Her most powerful offensive magic attack is Ice Fucken 2?! If she had the potential to heal everyone she would be far better, but only being able to heal one person at a time…your better off with Frog or Robo.

FFX

Top Tier

Wakka - Attacks Reels do 12 hits all dealing 99,999 Makes him insane period.

Tidus - Final Overdrive Attack BlitzBeat does 7-8 hits, I forgot, but all doing over 99,999 makes him also Top, plus he’s extremely quick and nimble.

Yuna - Summons make her a monster, esepcially when you have guys like Yojimbo who can do instant kills to anyone, and the Magus Sisters, 3 summons in one, too good to pass up.

Lulu - Her Overdrive allows you to do numerous magical attacks in one hit, and at a high enough magical damage can all deal 99,999.

Middle Tier

Auron/Khimahri - They are great at first, however, in the end, not having the ability to do multiple 99,999 damage puts them at a disadvantage against the other 4.

Lower Tier

Rikku - Combining all of that crap just to do 99,999…wtf. That’s pretty gay, her usefulness drops down at the end of the game, stealing is still great, but not enough to make her good.

Okay, I’m getting tired of posting reasons, so I’ll make it short for this one, and maybe I’ll post later if someone disagrees.

FFVII

Top Tier
Cloud
Tifa
Barret/Yuffie

Upper Tier
Cid/Aerith

Middle Tier
Red XIII
Vincent

Shit Tier
Cait Sith

Shining Force II

Top Tier
Hero
Peter <-- Phoenix
Kazim(Sorcerer Version), Sarah(Master Monk Version), Slade

Middle tier
Everyone else

That’s all for now

Actually it goes more like:

[S]Sophia
[A]Maria, Nel
**Fayt… erm I forget the rest

I remember Sophia being broken (or close to it) because if you were to max out INT and use lighting strike (i think that was the move) you can do easy inf stun combos. You can kill Freya in less than 20 mins using Sophia in 4D, it’s insane.

I don’t remember the details because its been so long since I played.

Regarding Puzzle Fighter, Ryu is better than Felicia/Chun because Ryu doesn’t give you instant power blocks as his attack gems. Yes, you know where his gems come and can plan, but you don’t have to plan against felicia/chun, they attack you once, and it’s like Dan from there.

Regarding
RE4 Merc Mode*
… I don’t see how you can’t put Krauser Top.

Yeah, Wesker has the best gun selection and the best Melee Attack.

But Krauser Never runs out of ammo, and has the instant kill arm move. So any of the boss baddies (Big Chainsaw, Wolverine, etc) are instantly dead. His melee attack can also hurt multiple People like Weskers. He also doesn’t run out of ammo, really.

I would put hunk slightly above Leon because Hunk has the TMP, which is good for streaks, and gets more grenades. Hunk also can neck break the chainsaw sisters.

Final Fantasy Tactics-

God Tier=
Female Wizard+calculator skill (all spells)

Top Tier=
Orlandu with Excalibur
Beowulf
Reis w/ Monk Skills(inherent two swords, crazy HP, etc)
Ninja with Knight Break Abilities
Brave Up + Blade Grasp.

ACK!! NO WAY!!! Cool to see a Metal Warriors fan, but you’re soooo mistaken bro. Spider and Ballistic are the BEST, not worst =P.

Top: Spider and Ballistic. Spider’s infinite rocks. Ballistic totally shuts down Havoc, Drache, and Nitro. That’s half the cast right there. I mean it. You have .000001% chance of beating my Ballistic with Havoc or Drache, no matter WHO you are! Ballistic can have some SERIOUS problems with Prometheus tho on some levels, but since Prometheus gets slaughtered by most its not really a big deal… as an added bonus, these guys are the hardest to finish off when theyre in “critical” mode. This is what really pushes them over the edge.

then Drache, he’s failry good against most but USELESS against Ballistic. Most of his stock comes from the fact that he’s pretty good against Spider.

Havoc, Nitro. These guys lack the “one mistake and yuore dead” factor that Spider, Drache, and Prometheus have. And dont have the sheer power of Ballistic. So they clearly have to work harder

Prometheus. He just gets abused by everyone. He basically NEEDS a anti gravity or speed burst to have any chance of winning, cause hes got NO MOBILITY!!! There are some levels where he can be extremely deadly though. On those levels it’s justifid to bump him up with Havoc, Nitro, but no higher!

The only matches that are really grossly imbalanced are Ballistic’s (in his favor), the rest are very winnable but it takes a lot of work and careful play.

Just friendly discussion. If you disagree feel free to retort, and I can go into better detail

I’m new to shoryuken. Why do posts get deleted?

Also, for the person that put Dynasty Warriors, your tiers are TOTALLY off man. I know that game pretty well, and you’re pretty damn off. No offense, just pointing it out. The most obvious example is not including Zuo Ci in the others list. Also, characters improved and got worse from game to game, so it’s important to list that.

Otogi 2:

1. Tsuna
  2. Kintoki
  3. Suetake
  4. Raikoh
  5. Sadamitsu
  6. Abe no Seimei

Samurai Warriors: ( props on that DW shit earlier, btw )

1. Keiji Maeda
  2. Mitsuhide Akechi
  3. Magoichi Saika
  4. Yukimura Sanada
  5. Nobunaga
  6. everyone else

Jet Set Radio Future

1. Zero Beat / Beat / Corn
  2. Love Shockers / Immortals
  3. Gum / Rapid 99
  4. Cube
  5. Rhyth / Pots
  6. Yoyo / NT-3000
  7. Garam / Boogie / Doom Riders
  8. Jazz / Clutch
  9. Gouji Rokkaku / AKUMU
  10. Combo / Poison Jam
  11. Soda
  12. Roboy / Noise Tanks

Ninja Gaiden X Weapons

1. Dragon Sword / True Dragon Sword / Plasma Sabre MK.II / Dark Dragon Blade
  2. Vigoorian Flail
  3. Unlabored Flawlessness
  4. Dablihiro / War Hammer
  5. Strongbow w/ APFSDS Cores
  6. Kitetsu
  7. Windmill Shuriken
  8. everything else

SpikeOut: Battle Street

1. Tenshin
  2. Fiona
  3. everyone else

Super Mario Bros 2:
Luigi > Fuck Everyone else

DKC games:
Diddy > Dixie > Donkey > Kiddie

Super Mario Kart Battle mode: Yoshi/Princess
Super Mario Kart Time Trial: Bowser/DK

Contra

1. Spread Gun
  2. Laser
  3. machine gun
  4. Fireball
  5. regular

Super C

1. Fireball
  2. spread
  3. Laser
  4. Machine
  5. regular

This was my reply to TrueSephiroth’s original post concerning Chrono Trigger.

I’d have to disagree with some of your placements here, primarily with Robo’s position. Now, in my mind, he is clearly the best character because he is close to being the best in nearly every important regard.

All of the following is taken from everyone with maxed stats and using Prism Specs.

In terms of normal attack, he has the most powerful non-critical damage at ~1800 with Crisis Arm and xx9 hp.

In magic attacks, he has the third most powerful attack, Shock, which does ~4800. This is behind only Luminaire (~6100) and Flare (~5100).

For pure damage, the tech of choice is Uzzi Punch, which does ~5700 with Crisis Arm and xx9 hp.

Beyond attacking, Robo also has the only full party healing single tech that completely refills hp. He also has some other good techs thrown in the mix, such as Area Bomb (~3600) and Robo Tackle (~2800, or the same as Crono’s Confuse).
Robo’s attributes alone are good enough to put him as the best character, but he also has good dual techs, one which always does 9999 (DoublevBomb - though it is only around Robo) and one (Beast Toss) which does 9999 given lower defense enemies (shocked Nizbel and Nizbel II for examples). Plus, Ice and Fire Tackle are the two most damaging attacks against Red Nu Spekkio.

Just behind Robo is Crono, because of the things you mentioned: Luminaire (strongest single tech), good normal attack (~1600 at 70% of the time), decent physical tech (the aforementioned Confuse), and the widest range of good dual techs. He pretty much does what Robo does, either slightly better or worse (with the exception of healing and 9999 attacks, which he does not have)

Ayla comes third, though sometimes I feel that she might be second. You already mentioned the 9999 critical hit of her Bronze Fist (her third fist), though it only does ~800 on non critical hits rather than ~4000. Before then, she still has a very good normal attack (with Iron Fist randomly causing Chaos). She only has one magic tech, Tail Spin, but it does pretty decent damage (~4800). Her physical techs are numerous and all very good: Triple Kick (~4800), Dino Tail at 1 hp (~4600), Rock Throw (~4000) and Cat Attack (~2700). She also has Charm, which is invaluable the first time through the game. Still, her lack of an all enemy magic tech puts her third.

I generally agree with the rest of your list, though my tier separation would be more like this:

Top Tier:
Robo
Crono
Ayla

Mid Tier:
Lucca
Magus (two dead allies)

Low Tier:
Magus (normal)
Frog

Bottom Tier:
Marle (dead - boosts Magus’ normal attack with Deathsycthe)
Marle (alive)

None taken.
I haven’t had a chance to fight with him. I had to clear Musou with everybody. I just couldn’t take it. Also I was doing tiers of overall dynasty not specific characters. The best officers listed were the best to me to use for the Dynasty. I try my best but hey…even I get shit wrong. This was the first time I did non-fighting tier and it challenged me. Thanks for putting up the thread. I need the research.

'Preciate it. Props on Samurai Warriors.
Hanzo Hattori and Hideyoshi Hashiba are top tier to me cause I play with them TOO damn much!! And dude if u played Xtreme Legends, Put Tadakatsu on there. On game he’s supposedly equal to Keiji.

I’m not sure if you are talking about the N64 Goldeneye but if you are then you are missing the Proximity Mine, Moonraker and [obviously] the Gold PP7.

EDIT: NM. 64 Goldeneye don’t have Tazer.

i gotta disagree here. you probably dont know this, seeing as you didnt mention it but cody has an INFINITE COMBO. this just really rapes all the bosses in the game as long as you have a friend to beat off the smaller enemies from ruining your infinite.

the infinite is done like this: first animation punch x 2, turn around, whiff 2nd animation of punch combo, turn around, first animation punch x 2…

edit: cody does a part of his infiite combo in A3 in his punch super. :clap: thats why you see him randomly turning around and whiffing a punch in the middle of a super.

Yeah, I’m also curious as to how Sweet Tooth got so high. I’d love a detailed analysis of the TM2 tiers.

He is talking about N64 Goldeneye. Tazer Boy was only available through the All Guns cheat and it was very shitty. I agree with the weapons you mentioned being top tier, especially the Gold PP7. That thing was silly good.

The insta-blow remote mines in Golden Eye gotta be up there with, too.

1st
Linux
2nd
MacOS
3rd
Windows 98
Windows 2000
4th
Windows NT
Windows 95
Windows ME
Last
Windows XP

Not only did you get these right, you got them right for all the right reasons.

1st
FreeBSD
Linux
Windows Server 2003
2nd
Windows 2000 (for workstations)
Windows XP Home
MacOS
3rd
Windows XP Professional
Windows NT
4th
Windows 98
5th
Windows 95
win 3.1
6th
DOS 6.22 (?)
7th
Commodore 64 OS
8th
dollar store calculator
9th
abacus
sundial
10th
Windows ME

It’s nice to find someone who agrees with my tiering of the characters. Normally, people completely overrate Magus and much more often, they fail to recognize the greatness of Robo. I recently played a New Game of Chrono Trigger and found that Robo pretty much lacks nothing for the entire game (with the exception of speed before getting the chance to acquire many speed tabs). He has damage that is always on par with Crono’s regular attack damage (only falling behind if you get the Swallow as soon as the pendant is powered), has a pretty decent magic level considering his physical attack power, strong heal spells throughout, the first multi target magic tech, the highest defense and power, etc. Robo is so woderfully beastly, plus he has a kick ass theme. Too good. Too fucking good.

Mario Tennis:

Top tier- Diddy Kong. LOL!