This Oughta Finish You! - Sakura Kasugano Combo Thread

Sakura Solo Combos

Midscreen
0-bar
air tatsu > walk crHP xx LPsho > crHP xx HPsho = 296dmg (only if the LPsho hits once. the opponent will be directly on top of you, wait for them to fall a bit before hitting crHP)
air tatsu > walk crHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 224-231dmg (only if the LPsho hits multiple times)
air tatsu > walk crHP xx HPsho = 223dmg
air tatsu > clHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 304dmg (i think this only works on big characters)

(EX)otoshi > njHK > Launcher = 240dmg (If using EX, this combo probably isn’t worth the meter. If you’re getting zoned out from far away and want your partner in, you’re probably in prime position to just raw tag)
(EX)otoshi > njHK > sHP xx HKotoshi (1-hit) land > cl/crHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 364dmg (I think this only works on big characters)
(EX)otoshi > njHK > walk cr/clHP xx LPsho > crHP xx HPsho = 364dmg (Only if the LPsho hits once. the opponent will be directly on top of you, wait for them to fall a bit before hitting crHP)

1-bar

EXsho > walk crMK xx HPsho = 248-256dmg

j.hk > cl.hp xx EXtatsu > j.hk land > cl.hp xx HKtoshi (1-hit) land > cl.hp xx hp sho = 472dmg

(I’d avoid EXtatsu combos as you generally do more damage from a TC combo. The only reason to use EXtatsu is if: your partner has too much recoverable life you don’t want to sacrifice, the TC combo won’t kill, and you’re in need of the life lead for a time over)

Corner**
0-bar
air tatsu > clHK > crHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho = 332dmg

crMK xx LPsho > clHK > clHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho 348dmg

jHP/HK > clHP xx LKtatsu > clHP xx LPsho > clHK > clHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho = 425dmg

(EX)otoshi > njHK > clHK > crHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 369dmg

1-bar
EXsho > clHK > clHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho = 387dmg

jHP/HK > clHP xx EXtatsu > jHK/HP land > clHK > crHP xx HPsho = 475dmg

Sakura Team Combos

Midscreen
0-bar
Launcher > clHP xx HKotoshi (1-hit) land > sHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 359dmg

1-bar
crMK xx HPsho > TC > partner

Launcher > clHP xx HKotoshi (1-hit) land > sHP xx HKtatsu/HPsho > TC > partner

Corner
0-bar
Launcher > sHP xx LKotoshi (1hit) land > cr/cl HP xx LPsho > HPsho = 359dmg

Launcher > clHK > crHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho = 387dmg (I plink the clHK and the first crHP to make it easier to land)

Credits to shrimpandwhitewine

Should I include every variation of combos or just the practical ones?

Just stick to what is practical.

j.hk > cl.hp xx lk tatsu > cl.hp xx lk tatsu > cl.hp xx lp shouken > cr.hp xx hp shouken

How are you following up after lp shouken mid-screen? Doesn’t it send them too far away?

Resets and post launcher combos would be nice. Speaking of which, I was messing around and a well timed cr.HP > Sakura Otoshi is a reset setup. You’ll land in front or behind them as they get up with MK or HK versions respectively. You might be able to stuff backdashes with it too.

The last two combos under **Midscreen - 1 Bar **have a typo. They should be:
[INDENT=1]j.hk > cl.hp xx ex tatsu > j.hk land > cl.hp xx lp shouken > cr.hp xx hp shouken = 472[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]j.hk > cl.hp xx lk tatsu > cl.hp xx ex tatsu > j.hk land > cl.hp xx lp shouken > cr.hp xx hp shouken = 457[/INDENT]

Also, the trick to landing *cl.hp xx lp shouken > cr.hp *is timing the cl.hp so that the lp shouken only hits once which leaves you directly under the opponent

Edit: For 1-bar combos I think it would be more efficient to combo into hp shouken and tag cancel into your partner.

For a Sakura/Lili team:

j.HK > cl.hp xx hp shouken > TC > hp feisty rabbit~rabbit thorn > cl hp xx hp dendrobium > f.mk-hp = 532
cr.mk xx hp shouken > TC > hp feisty rabbit~rabbit thorn > cl hp xx hp dendrobium > f.mk-hp = 475

So instead of canceling into the lp shou you just link it? Which hit is the one you want?

EX Shou links into Haru Ichiban, pretty obvious and might come in handy if you want to make the most out of 3 bars after eating through something with the EX Shou.

Funny thing is Haru Ichiban works after her old setup (as you’d expect), EX Shunpuu > dash > Haru Ichiban. Totally worthless as you can just walk and c.MK xx Haru Ichiban much easier. Can do after Double Otoshi obviously but I’m not sure how damage scaling hits it.

No you cancel into the lp shou. You just have to time the sHP properly– too soon and the lp shou will whiff, too late and the lp shou will connect multiple times preventing you from hitting crHP afterwards.

I’m not sure which hit of the shouken you’re looking for as I can’t hit the combo consistently.

edit: here’s a shitty video of me doing said combo: [media=youtube]q2e8Gqr48Lk[/media]
(excuse the failed attempts)

Actually, if this combo is even possible, I think it will do more damage– plus there won’t be any tricky timing:
[INDENT=1]j.hk > cl.hp xx ex tatsu > j.hk land > cl.hp xx tatsu CADC > cl/cr.hp xx hp shouken[/INDENT]

Not sure how useful this is but Sakura can juggle 3 cl.MP then do c.HP and still have Super (Cross Arts needs one less cl.MP to work) land in the corner.

Super must have at least 4 on the Juggle Count (JC).
Cross Arts and EX Hadouken have JC = 3.
Another thing about EX Hadouken is it’s either both hit and none do (unlike SF4).

NB: JC starts at 0 after launch in this terminology.

I’m going somewhere for a few days where I won’t have access to DLC SFxT, so I can’t update OP for a day or 2, but keep finding combos and I’ll update them!

When Sakura is tagged in what should she do?

I do cl.hp cadc cl.hp xx hp shouken, it’s a bit tricky and you will cross under opponent when you do cl.hp cadc so prepare to reverse input the shouken when you go to other side.

You have to do the cl.hp pretty early for it to work

I’ve been using cl.HP XX Otoshi 3 times for 278 damage

I can’t do the tat cancel consistently so I won’t be using that tag in for a while.

What is Sakura’s best option after a ground bounce?

I’m not sure, I don’t really get many ground bounce opportunities playing Sakura, although my partner Asuka can tag cancel her falling rain but I just charge ex to super.

I assume in the corner, it’ll be cl.hp xx tatsu > cr.hp xx hp shouken or maybe cl.hp xx lp shouken > cr.hp xx hp shouken, I don’t have access to SFxT now sorry.

I just keep thing simple since I suck. After launch I do cl.MP > c.MK xx HP Shou. In corner cl.MP x3 > cl.HP xx HP Shou.
Ground bounce from an Otoshi someone if you’re on the ball you can do a nj.HK > c.MK xx HP Shou. In the corner after the nj.HK you can do cl.MP x2 > s.HP xx HP Shou.
Also in the corner if you cross cancel after something that leaves your opponent high in the air using nj.HP is pretty cool as it pushes them high up giving you lots of thinking time as well as doing 100 damage (before scaling). Might be possible outside of corner, depend on situation I guess.

Wow, that combo actually does more damage than the one I use for the corner and it’s easier.

Thanks!

I was reading this as cr.MP and was wondering why the heck I could never get more than one rep.

After watching Desk’s recent video, I think I found a more consistent option post-EX Tatsu that does the same damage as my earlier finding.

ex tatsu > j.hk/hp land > cl.hp xx lp sho > cr.hp xx hp sho does 394dmg; however, it is a little tricky to land consistently and only works mid-screen

ex tatsu > j.hk/hp land > cl.hp xx mk/hk otoshi (1-hit) land > cl.hp xx hp sho also does 394dmg but it isn’t as tricky to pull off (occasionally the last cl.hp comes out as a far hp or whiffs) and works mid-screen and in the corner

This follow-up also works after your partner’s launcher:
[INDENT=1]launcher > cl.hp xx mk/hk otoshi (1-hit) land > cl.hp xx lp sho > hp sho does 359dmg (works mid-screen and in the corner)[/INDENT]

Do we know if the cadc launch combo works with all launchers (ie King and Guy)? Also if the above combo can link lp and hp after the close hp, that can also be used in the cadc one right? The damage increase would not be drastic, but I imagine the wall carry is immense.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

I’m sure you already know of these combos but I figure I’d post them for posterity

Sakura Solo Combos

Midscreen
0-bar
air tatsu > walk crHP xx LPsho > crHP xx HPsho = 296dmg (only if the LPsho hits once. the opponent will be directly on top of you, wait for them to fall a bit before hitting crHP)
air tatsu > walk crHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 224-231dmg (only if the LPsho hits multiple times)
air tatsu > walk crHP xx HPsho = 223dmg
air tatsu > clHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 304dmg (i think this only works on big characters)

(EX)otoshi > njHK > Launcher = 240dmg (If using EX, this combo probably isn’t worth the meter. If you’re getting zoned out from far away and want your partner in, you’re probably in prime position to just raw tag)
(EX)otoshi > njHK > sHP xx HKotoshi (1-hit) land > cl/crHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 364dmg (I think this only works on big characters)
(EX)otoshi > njHK > walk cr/clHP xx LPsho > crHP xx HPsho = 364dmg (Only if the LPsho hits once. the opponent will be directly on top of you, wait for them to fall a bit before hitting crHP)

1-bar

EXsho > walk crMK xx HPsho = 248-256dmg

j.hk > cl.hp xx EXtatsu > j.hk land > cl.hp xx HKtoshi (1-hit) land > cl.hp xx hp sho = 472dmg

(I’d avoid EXtatsu combos as you generally do more damage from a TC combo. The only reason to use EXtatsu is if: your partner has too much recoverable life you don’t want to sacrifice, the TC combo won’t kill, and you’re in need of the life lead for a time over)

Corner**
0-bar
air tatsu > clHK > crHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho = 332dmg

[S]crMK xx LPsho > sHP xx MKtatsu > cl/crHP xx HPsho = 328dmg

(MKtatsu has to hit twice)[/S]
crMK xx LPsho > clHK > clHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho 348dmg

[S]jHP/HK > clHP xx LKtatsu > clHP xx LPsho > clHP xx MKtatsu > cl/crHP xx HPsho = 423dmg (MKtatsu has to hit twice)[/S]
jHP/HK > clHP xx LKtatsu > clHP xx LPsho > clHK > clHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho = 425dmg

(EX)otoshi > njHK > clHK > crHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 369dmg

1-bar
[S]EXsho > sHP xx MKtatsu > s/crHP xx HPsho = 361dmg (I think there still might be a more damaging option; MKtatsu has to hit twice)[/S]
EXsho > clHK > clHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho = 387dmg

jHP/HK > clHP xx EXtatsu > jHK/HP land > clHK > crHP xx HPsho = 475dmg

And here’s an outline for a few team combos
Sakura Team Combos

Midscreen
0-bar
Launcher > clHP xx HKotoshi (1-hit) land > sHP xx LPsho > HPsho = 359dmg

1-bar
crMK xx HPsho > TC > partner

Launcher > clHP xx HKotoshi (1-hit) land > sHP xx HKtatsu/HPsho > TC > partner

Corner
0-bar
Launcher > sHP xx LKotoshi (1hit) land > cr/cl HP xx LPsho > HPsho = 359dmg

Launcher > clHK > crHP xx LKtatsu > crHP xx HPsho = 387dmg (I plink the clHK and the first crHP to make it easier to land)

I only tested these with Lili so I don’t know if they work with all launchers

Also, there might be some worthwhile combo possibilities on a grounded opponent if you tag cancel HKtatsu midscreen. I was trying to find something with Lili but everything was dealing less damage than tag canceling HPsho. I think if you have a character that can push the opponent out of the tatsu so they stay grounded you could probably do more more damage that way.