The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Tbh it will need to be much more than that

Sure, i want it to continue the lines that SF3 started, like Ryu complete his training under Oro and fighting Akuma, or Gill finally stop playing “LOL i’m trolling, lost on purpose!” and showing himself as a Boss treat willing to use it’s own full power…

But SF6 will need to be it’s own thing, open new paths, have it’s own identity

For same reason i will love if before die SFV will get a continuation of it’s own lore: stuff like G story, NeoShadaloo, Menat or Metro City new days could still offer a lot to SFV as chapter identity… and to that should be added whatever is coming as characters

1 Like

I’d like this to happen sorta alongside the SF3 story. Show what (and who) we didn’t see - and then show how it ends (or how it’s set up to continue). Show a little before, show lots during, and show a little after: fill in the blanks - those absent from SF3 - what were they doing? Why?

Though I don’t think the Illuminati will be gone quite so quickly.

3 Likes

Correct. Though the reboot is A. Technically still an interquel, because it still takes place between two earlier games(5 and 1). And B. No longer really a reboot if it “takes place before the first game”. Because it’s still in continuity with the original series and, thus, not a reboot.

1 Like

I know but I don’t think the community has settled on what to call the game yet. Personally I hate when a series uses the same title as the first when if it’s not starting over. Give this game a number or a subtitle.

3 Likes

So have there been any more profiles on cfn or are stuck on that retarded robot thing?

I think it would be easy to explain away certain characters. Guile+Cammy = investigating the Illuminati, Sakura = full time employment as a teacher etc.

Personally for the plot, I’d like it to focus on the Illuminati as the A-plot while Neo-Shadaloo as the B plot. If G does end up being Q then I’d rather have resolved in SF5 than SF6.

1 Like

People say they want this and that but 3s is always gonna be a reminder of not doing what people ask for.

Sf3 was a love letter to streetfighter and they literally went up until 3rd strike and then gave up.

I can see them never really going all in on sf like that again

1 Like

Which is one of the reasons why it flopped when it first came out.

1 Like

Some things we know

• Zangief - still competing as wrestler, partecipate to a tournament and he was winning the final throwing his opponent (Hogen) out of the ring.
    Then Hogen got mad/rage risking to hurt people in the audience, so Sean suckerkick him

• Balrog - partecipate an interstyle tournament, lose in Final vs Alex

• Shadaloo - still considered destroyed, if Bison is coming back he’s doing it in secret

3 Likes

See. The SF2 cast is still around…

Today I’m just happy with this reveal. Its something I have been waiting for the longest time a game inspired SF2 Ryu figure. I know it’s not the 1:1 accuracy but this is the best since the last one that was done more than a decade by bandai.

On topic.

It’s not just about the SF2 guys, but also the new introduce guys from SF5 and SF4 on how they blend naturally with the time frame. So I prefer a gradual transition which is set within the SF3 events rather than another years after it.

3 Likes

Yeah…cause nothing says “love letter” like getting rid of everyone’s favorite characters…

3 Likes

And that’s exactly why you can’t listen to fans like that. “yeah we want something new and fresh we’ve been getting rehashes and remakes and sequels but we want something new and fresh that expands the story and takes it along further or in a new direction”

Capcom does just that with sf3…

“Uhhhh where’s sagat and bison and all the older characters? Not playing it…”

Could there have been a middle ground sure, but it was a bold move and listening to fans saying they should do this or that with a game and a game bombing is a surefire way to make sure your game is poverty or straight up blacklisted.

Also sf3 with bison and honda and blanka really wouldn’t feel the same, it would just feel like another sf2 spin off.

sf3 was a bold and risky move and probably a healthy one for the series, to bad the fans didn’t support it at the time.

7 Likes

Look at the abysmal response the second season pass of SFV got when it was announced to be all new characters. The fan base doesn’t seem to care about new stuff. They want the same old shit.

2 Likes

To be fair, a large part of that was due to characters that would later be in S3 and some questionable choices compared to what people would have liked (Ed over Dudley/other boxer, Menat over Rose, Abigail over Hugo, Zeku over Guy)

2 Likes

c.f. S2, practically all new is never going to be the way forward again, hopefully. The right balance is desperately needed.

Ibuki, Makoto, Urien, and Dudley became fan favourites. Even possibly Hugo. S2 dropped the ball, and was a foolish move when folk were itching for their favourites. But later, Zeku found his place. Menat and Kolin, too. There’s a balance to be struck, which I hope has been noticed by Capcom.

1 Like

Looking at that Ryu statue reminded me of how I thought the Hadouken was water when I was younger. I’d ran my hands in water and quickly do the motion in hopes of unleashing an actual projectile. All I managed to do was piss people as I flung water into their direction.

Cot damn! I need some new content.

7 Likes

Regarding the Ryu figure based on SF2, there is something off about how they sculpted the head that I don’t like, other than that the figure is pretty cool, I particularly liked the face.

1 Like

Complete horseshit.

Nobody thinks of Alpha or SF4 as “another SF2 spinoff”.

The thing that makes SF3 it’s own thing are it’s game mechanics and it’s animation quality. Not it’s awful fucking roster.

You’re right though in that it wouldn’t really have felt the same with those characters, and that’s true. It would have felt like a game people actually fucking played at the time.

Yeah, nothing is healthier for a series than killing it off for a decade…

3 Likes

I feel like the cast of SF3 wasnt the main issue with its adoption. More the limited arcades and there not being a real console option for a while. I remember being desperate to play it but had no arcades nearby and didnt own a Dreamcast.