The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Considering the fact that Rashid wears a modified ghutrah, it’s painfully obvious that he’s from the UAE. The only other Middle East country they could use in this current age is Lebanon and no-one in the levant region wears that.

3 Likes

Yes. Just as Necalli got straight link to Mexico (Atzec), Fang is clearly from China or Falke-Germany… yet they chicken out of make all of these official/canon

1 Like

Given his stage he is most likely from the UAE though could easily be from Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain maybe even Iraq.

Id like to think that there is a SF community in Kuwait at the moment, capcom can pay homage to that community and say hes just from there

2 Likes

Butterfly is always associated with rebirth, renewal and growth in several countries.

Actually even in religions, occult like the new age, paganism and other mystical belief. It’s the same thing.

I have discussed this in an ingrid discussion from the earlier storythread where I referenced KOF MI character.

Luise Meyrick

Which is heavilly butterfly referenced even in the costumes.

Coincidentally last month a brand from spain was added to the brands that I am in-charge with, which also uses the butterfly as their main symbolic reference for their health services. Which made me busy for the entire of April up to now.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I have no idea what that is, but Necro’s meme-jew face in the last picture is hilarious to me :joy:

1 Like

@bakfromon @midgardsorm apologies if I’ve asked this already, but do you guys happen to have a translation and a scan of G’s page(s) from the How to Make Capcom Characters book? I’m working on a new video and remembered that there was a of G’s face looking rather messed up with text by it.

Thanks in advance, I owe you guys!

3 Likes

Talking about books it’s nice to see a book compilation of CFN profiles that also includes characters from other media like cartoons, movie and anime that is acknowledge by Capcom. Instead of people still referencing them from non-canon nostalgic sources.

It would give clarity on what things had happen and not happened while being nostalgic with a lot full of amazing call backs and fan service but in a way to clarify what they are in the actual SF canon rather than what other media they were known.

So people can look up in a encyclopedia like but with a lot of profiles of what this character actually did compare to their other counterparts. It’s like also an automatic fix that discuss those personality but in newer updated way that is more fitting to the current canon.

2 Likes

Speaking of Ukraine, I just found out about this Ukranian musical instrument called bandura

1 Like

So Udon announced a new series called “Akuma Vs Hell”

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/comics/street-fighter-akuma-vs-hell-1-covers-revealed-pre-orders-available?fbclid=IwAR1GC7R6nSBIHqCGTu3WWs_8tRpNdN7uND4XFxZ121Sm80eXoNgwoy4yHvc

After his encounter with the chilling Darkstalkers, Akuma chose to remain in the hellish Makai dimension to take his training to terrifying new levels. Alone in a demonic landscape, Akuma battles unearthly creatures, giant monstrosities, and an undead ghost from his past.

STREET FIGHTER: AKUMA VS HELL #1 writer Ken Siu-Chong provides new challenges for the Master of the Fist, while UDON monster expert, Joe Vriens, brings vicious detail to the artwork. The issue features two standard covers by Vriens and Edwin Huang (CVRs A & B), and a retailer incentive homage variant by Josh Perez (CVR C).

An online-exclusive cover featuring the maniacal maid known as “Midnight Bliss Akuma” by Aki Li will be sold exclusively through FocusAttack.com. Plus, while supplies last, purchasers of the online-exclusive cover will also receive a free copy of STREET FIGHTER: SAKURA VS KARIN #1.

STREET FIGHTER: AKUMA VS HELL #1 will be released on July 31, 2019 and is the fifth of 5 Street Fighter one shot titles to be released by UDON in 2019. Final retailer orders are due by May 23, 2019.

Customer pre-orders are available at Focus Attack

STREET FIGHTER: AKUMA VS HELL #1
DETAILS: 32pp, Full Color
MSRP: $3.99
RELEASE DATE: July 31, 2019
DIAMOND ORDER CODES:
MAY192126 STREET FIGHTER: AKUMA VS HELL #1 CVR A
MAY192127 STREET FIGHTER: AKUMA VS HELL #1 CVR B
MAY192128 STREET FIGHTER: AKUMA VS HELL #1 CVR C

6 Likes

I think Udon SF universe reboot would be decent later on…

Or alternate worlds something like Spiderman Spin-Off series.

Something like Ryu-Verse, ChunLi-Verse or Gouki-Verse

Stories like shaterred dimensions or like the saga were Morlun is relevant.

Like Ryu meeting SF1 Ryu and Pocket Fighters Ryu.

Then later…
Gouki seeing his Cyberbot counterpart.

2 Likes

The emissary of hell with the sacrifice play. Respect Japanese Spider-Man.

2 Likes

I can provide better scans if needed.

I already had Vega/Bison and Ed’s section from that book translated. There’s nothiing really new.

5 Likes

Ooh yes please, I’d appreciate that. Also please let me know how you’d like to be credited dude. Thanks!

download
So, today (12th May) is the 20th anniversary of SF3:3S and to celebrate I’ll be looking at the key elements of the game’s story and what it meant for its characters. I’ll only be looking at Ryu, Chun-Li, Necro and Urien.

The overall story of the game is more akin to the Alpha series, in that it consists of characters going their own way. Personally I like this format more than the tournament as it really makes the SF world feels bigger than it is. In the meantime, the fanatic Gill is still leading the Illuminati claiming that it is almost time to create the new world.

Summary

Throughout the series, Ryu was a very conflicted character. He started out as a literal nobody with a surprise victory against Sagat and he soon discovers via Akuma the true dark nature of the Anatsuken art making Ryu ponder if he’ll turn out like Akuma. The very nature of the Anatsuken art attracted him to Bison, in search of ultimate power, and Rose who advocated him to defeat Bison. As time goes on, Ryu learns to control and completely suppress the SnH eventually converting it into Mu and finally defeats Bison.

Now, in SF3, there is no longer any internal conflict with Ryu and this is easily shown through just how powerful he has now become. He curbstomps Alex (the new protagonist of SF3) and has gained the interest of Oro who wants someone to be able to inherit his teachings before he passes away. Despite all of this, Ryu still seeks to better himself via fighting.

Perhaps the most biggest instance.of character development within the entire SF franchise was Chun-Li’s radical departure from her past depictions. Chun-Li’s entire arc prior to this was defined by her vengeance for Bison, however throughout her time seeking revenge she never truly lost sight of she was, a selfless woman with great empathy for those who couldn’t defend themselves. She was disgusted with Bison’s treatment of the dolls in A3 and upon finding Li-Fen in V she immediately wants to protect her. Now after Bison’s disappearance she now runs a orphanage to help guide those who were just as lost as she was when her father died. Her new duty to her father is no longer revenge to pass on the teachings of honor and integrity that he had once taught her.

images
Necro was perhaps the most complex of the newcomers. His storyline had far darker undertones than any other characters and he already had an established link to the antagonist. Necro’s story had one key theme: the search for freedom+prosperity. He left his poor village in hopes of starting a better life elsewhere and met Urien who had promised him a better life. This was a trick and he was transformed into a freak and became to loathe himself for his new form and abilities. Later down the line he becomes re-motivated and realises he can indeed fight for his dream and for the right to exist in a world that doesn’t want him. In his 3S ending he escapes from the Illuminati once again and uses his powers to save Effie, it is then that he realises that his powers can be used for good.

images%20(1)
Finally, we come to Urien. In his backstory, Urien and his brother Gill were groomed and trained by the Illuminati for the chance to become a leader yet he lost because he was considered to be too emotionally volatile. Of course, growing up in an environment like that, where you are told to be special and worthy only for that to fall flat on its face would have serious consequences on you. Urien naturally lashes out at Gill attempting to take reign for the role of president. Urien succeeds but it was all a trick by Gill in order for him to become emperor. Once again in 3S Urien confronts Gill but he says something very interesting about himself:

“When I look into the past, I see dishonor and hatred. When I look into the future, I am free from the corruption. How glorious it is… A world without you!”

Urien does indeed recognize that he is a “bad” person and knows about his flaws, yet instead of trying to better himself, he believes that he is bad because of Gill and that with Gill out of the way he’ll be redeemed. Eventually, Urien gets his chance after blowing up the tower Gill was recovering in in his fight with Alex.

4 Likes

To some extent Urien is “correct” (of course he’s not), as essentially his hate is a disease, his life frustration come from knowing deep down to ever been inferior of Gill

Everything on Gill is designed to be his superior at everything:
He’s more powerful, he control more elements*, he’s smarter, he have more charisma, he’s even taller and heavier on data (intentional, despite sprite being same due obvious reason)

It’s kinda ironic how one of the absolute most powerful SF characters (he’s somewhere in the Top10) live constantly consumed by inferiority complex, with frustration reaching the point of self-arm

In his mind he remove the cause (as he probably consider Gill the only superior to himself) and he cure the disease

He don’t think to improve himself to surpass #1 (likely deep inside consider it not possible), he want to remove the number itself, so #2 become the highest on the ladder
Same way he does’nt recognize evil as it’s own, but as something with external explanation

The part of corruption it’s interessing though, as i don’t think it’s only about himself but as his whole Illuminati reality… as he’s likely the only to see the true colors of Gill’s soul and he got mad at see everybody of his world(Illuminati) praising Gill as perfection.

I will not even be surprised if in his early youth Urien was truly a good boy, so to some extent it’s even true that Gill is what caused him to become like that

*some say Urien control 2 “elements” too, metal AND electricity, but reality is that Urien’s power is electromagnetism, wich explain both his abilities

5 Likes

This artist, milk jelly , draws good SF fan art.

5 Likes
4 Likes

See now, I think Juri and Vega should get along great. Sadly, SF5 disagrees.

1 Like

Damn, now i need to see Vega, Juri and Rog to be The Crow bad guys lol :smiley:

4 Likes