The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I-No rules. It’s true that sometimes it falls flat on its face, but fantasy styles can be pulled off succesfully. Hell, even Bridget did the yoyo stuff fine. To be honest about Maggio, you can take out the yoyo and you still have a lame looking character with that kiddie attire and weird hair and not in a good way. Not really the yoyo’s fault there.

As opposed to what, martial artist which ends having moves like throwing plasma that also don’t resemble the fighting style or reality at all and are justified by the very same weird supernatural sensationalized plot shield for household stuff? We’re just cutting the middleman, if we’re going to put fantastic elements and plot devices, why having to require a martial art at all?

Also, 2D fighting games are notoriously bad at doing justice to martial arts. 3D fighters can accomodate the actual movesets much more naturally. By the nature of 2D fights, it’s better to go with fictional styles.

Why the problem with people in their early 20s? If anything, that’s the age of peak physical condition. Late 20s is already the decay age and by the 30s most athletes are already frauds on the way of retirement. The fantastic, unrealistic part there is putting the old characters to compete toe to toe with the young ones.

Because it will just open another can of worms. SF is few of the 2D games that isn’t very much of that theme. SF has its own theme that separates itself from mainstream modern anime 2d fighters the more SF theme became like them the more it will loss it’s identity and unique appeal.

Yes it is but the more SF loss it’s theme and became everything because other 2D fighters are doing it commonly the more it shed it distinction. The more we introduce weird fighting styles from weird objects like camera, yoyo and etc the more the original world warrior fighting style would look ridiculous turn out and became boring later in prior games.

It’s like a blatant mockery to the OG SF characters because it diminishes their history, struggle and achievements in their universe in order to compliment those kind of fighting style users that suddenly appeared to be equal to them, appeals for them or to be interesting to them because that how fighting game dialogue script does in order to make those relevant.

Imagine Bison in fear of a soul powered mix with MU infused camera, even how good the build up of the plot is it’s like a mockery. It’s like Dr Doom interaction with Squirrel Girl. We had already inconsistency with tiers in fighting but the more we include weird fighting based on household stuff it would just complicate more.

Because the problem is the entirety of the SF universe and majority of the characters that keeps appearing in the game isn’t meant with those kind of rationale the more you bend the rationale of what work and does not work it would lead to more complicated situation. This works with crossover titles and universe like Guilty Gear but not SF.

It much better that Capcom did create another fighting game with those concepts or just revived RS franchise with Maggio on it.

My issue with the age is just minor stuff other than because we had tons of it already in SF.

Dhalism was a scientist in that show. Capcom should make it canon.

1 Like

That was stupid as most shit from that movie lol

btw at least a three things ended up in SFV

Van Damme’s most iconic “Guile pose” became SFV Nash one

immagine

This Ken look, may have gave them ideas for SFV Cody

immagine

Some possible colors influence
immagineimmagine
immagine

immagine

I think the flying platform of Bison somehow became normal Shadaloo product
immagine immagineimmagine

5 Likes

Interesting finds, also…lets not pretend Shinkiro wasn’t already including a bit of Van Damme’s face in his renditions of Guile since 2000-2001 :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

put together this image showing who else needs to be profiled:

1 Like

It’s kind of hypocritical to act like SF is anything but “anime tournament arc: the game”. The only game that didn’t go wild with what’s possible is SF1. Even SF2 couldn’t even get through the original 8 before going with a yoga master who stretches and breathes fire and an electric mutant beast man. My only stipulation is that weapon users must physically hit the opponent with their weapon or throw it at the opponent; otherwise the concept of ki or projecting power through the weapon goes out the window. Falke barely scrapes by because she’s using psycho power instead of actual bullets.

I’m cool with Maggio so long as he has a decent personality and takes other characters seriously. Menat in her story is strongly implied to be one of the weaker characters by only ever beating young Ed and Shadowloo goons. She’s probably at or slightly above Dan tier in actual combat.

7 Likes

Looks more like a young clint eastwood to me.

2 Likes

On Maggio i’m ever split, but mostly i’m for no

Pro

• Got nothing against yoyo thing, actually in line with other SoulPower users
  • He can be interessing and enrich Menat/Soul users side.
  • He’s italian male rep, my first nationality in SF wishlist
  • He can be the tricky char i was hoping Ed to be (back when was ASF version)
  • His design may end up very different, Kiki usually hold no relevance on design being canon/final. Udon based on Kiki’s.
  • Aside that each char starts with 10 colors and 2 alts… for a good 50% of the cast i already set a different colore/costume as standard look no big deal
  • For SFV’s everybody-got-muscles rule he may end up less bitch than Kiki’s piece lol

Cons

• i prefer martial arts characters. People can say it’s not unbreakable rule, but still, imho SF give it’s best when there’s the nation/martial art combo attached to it
  • he’s italian male rep… and he does’nt rep well lol
    Dude will be skinny bitch weaker than everybody. Sure AF he’s not Rosso*
  • if stick in may ruin chance of get actually decent rep even in future games lol
  • his design may be different… Or may be that silly one. While nobody give fucks about Kiki’s CFN design canon wise, capcom let also udon publish it… So maybe kki/udon already know how he looks
  • Seem a concept that require a good level of jap style in execution to look cool, and i don’t trust SFV modellers to do it… i trust Bengus to do a good concept piece, but will get ignored lol
  • does’nt seem a char i will main

End up with more + than -, but some - are HUGE lol

Want make me happy with new char, give me Tom.
+Cool and badass
+Martial artist
+Could rep well MMA
+Can offer some VERY interessing story perspective (Gill duel, why Urien hate him, etc)
+Balanced striker-grappler hybrid, both technical and brutal. Western char that does’nt need a style/story gimmick or to be a muscle mountain… I buy
+He’s kinda “italian” rep as he’s heavy based on Besson’s Leon the Professional

*Well, even Rosso is not Rosso anymore, fucking arika ruined all SFEX designs lol

1 Like

here is mine for CFN

Follow up with my earlier opinion with Maggio there are more interesting background characters like Tom or Effie.

Or even the Delta Red

Keith Wolfman with Tonfa and a CA with the rest of the Delta Red.

1 Like

I’m totally fine with Maggio as a playable character. I just want others more, so that’s my only negative.
Regardless, I doubt he’ll ever become playable. He’s just there to add to Menat/Aprile/Rose’s story arc in SFV.

Real talk for a second here guys…

That new SamSho Main theme:

Eat shit Lifelight.

6 Likes

Well, that song is much better than Indestructible so I like it already.

Maggio a Yugi-oh design… LOL true, true. I don’t like his design or that he uses a yo-yo.

1 Like

Kof did something cool years ago

In sinks in the theme of fighting game not something random.

and Indestructible did better than Survivor which was more recent but seems to have been forgotten already.

To be fair

I like also honest eyes but it kinda random and doesn’t feel anything about the nature of a
fighting game, I know they were more to reflect the featured fighters like Jin and Juri trailer but it doesn’t work like it intended yet the trailer is cool because of the bad ass scene moments and scene not the music.

SFXT trailers made SF4 models look better than usual even they were exactly the same other than the change on shades and lighting.

I just hope the next theme for future SF would be a song about a fighter participating in a tournament don’t confuse it to a true person joining in a fighting game tournament or a song about a specific character from a fighting game. And please let it be sing by a female.

1 Like

Season 4 characters incoming!

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/comics/street-fighter-necro-effie-1-covers-revealed-pre-orders-available

4 Likes

Let’s hope so. I LOOOOOVE Necro…

5 Likes

Meh. I’d rather not.

2 Likes

I wanted a Necro X Dhalsim or Blanka crossover

3 Likes

Don’t really care for Necro, but him and Dhalsim deserve to duke it out, so I’d take him.

3 Likes

Not so bad, but these songs ever feel cringe af to me lol, they want that anime intro vibe but never really nail it

Only exception i do

2 Likes