The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Beyond watching the story and seeing the fatalities. I just not that interested MK11 . The upcoming fighter I have my eye on is the new Samurai Showdown game.

3 Likes

New Samurai Shodown game’s design aesthetic looks like a great refinement of SF4 and 5’s not-so-good aesthetic.

Very much looking forward to it. Freaking love SamSho

2 Likes

I admit new ShamSho trailers did’nt incredibly impressed me, but art wise there’s a GREAT respect/loyalty to the saga’s spirit, wich is something i absolutely admire

3 Likes

And I come full circle

You know, I still have that big ass wall of CvS2 Eagle quotes saved, thanks again for that. If Capcom can’t be assed to release these things to the US fanbase despite SF being bigger there now than it is in Japan, that’s on them. You haven’t let down anyone; you easily could have nope’d out a long time ago, but you’ve stayed and contributed to the community. That’s a success in my book.

Barring some major outpouring of effort on Capcom’s part, which they have yet to set any precedent for, the SF story has pretty much gone stagnant, unless you count “the SNH can punch people itself” as a major development. As such, I’m about as in the know as all of you here despite not playing the game for over 2 years, so I might actually be able to contribute to this discussion. Hopefully you guys still give more of a crap than Capcom does, even though that’s kind of a low bar.

8 Likes

@ES_Curse Welcome back! Hoping life has gone well for you

3 Likes
  • For those that seeks truth, clarity and coherence out of the ever changing SF canon mixed with convoluted timelines, trendy fan fiction and fan theories. I will always look up high to your diligence and unparalleled patience for staying vigilant to safeguard SF canon and it’s character.

• For the inactive and active part of the community that contributes, archived and translate all the data, From both retired and most recent story threads. You guys have turned aggregation of information into a form of a written art.

• For everyone that liked, questioned, criticize and challenge my ideas and others. I enjoyed the exchange and sharing of your thoughts, both negative and positive. I will always treasure all your feed backs.

• I who value eccentric details, enjoys mystery and loves oddity that will just drop by just to post newer obscure references like pachinko characters or ask details from an odd SF related materials, but also dreams a cohesiveness in the SF canon that each SF title compromised smoothly with each other. I will always admire you guys that attend and value those minuscule information.

Thank you guys.

@ES_Curse

Welcome back. Hoping for the best and healthier of you.

1 Like

I’m in a significantly better place now, thanks everyone. I’ve periodically checked this thread every couple of weeks just to see if anything major dropped, so I haven’t been completely unaware of things.

It’s actually kind of funny that you guys are getting onto Shak now over his one-sided beef because I wasn’t too far off from that last year. Just chill out a bit man, Cestus’ ego is about as much a part of him as walls of text are part of you. And if you’re going to spend all that time on something, might as well use it on something you care about like getting buffs for your boy Ryu.

4 Likes

“I can’t wait till you see what we have in store for Street Fighter 5! MOAR COSTUMES!”

Same. I’m looking forward to watching some LPers do the story mode, and that’s it.

5 Likes

I just wished CFN Profiles is back so there is something interesting to discussed everyday.

3 Likes

At this point, it seems that CFN Profiles’ return will be tied to new story content, which I don’t see coming before EVO. There haven’t been any new ones for almost a year, and even Capcom US suspiciously stopped translating them (the English version of the 263rd profile was published back in October).

1 Like

@ES_Curse It’s nice to see old heads of the story thread again, welcome back.

6 Likes

I imagine part of the reason it stopped was so Kiki could work on art for AE. Either there is in fact something in the works or Capcom just put them on a different project.

1 Like

Where are you getting that?

It just makes sense. They had never waited so long to publish a new profile, so I have a feeling they’re waiting for new story content and then they’ll finally return.

So you believe, that the reason Kiki was stopped for the sake of the so called new story content?

So if there would be a new story mode? CFN profile would return?

Although Kiki is the one who draws the character arts, he is not the one who publishes new profiles. It’s Takayuki Nakayama, so it’s up to him when to post them.

Well see.

I just hope they would come, I still believe they will after a particular reveal, but definitely not tied in a Storymode a like.

We just have few franchise left… and those characters isn’t even relevant to be an active figure for SF3 timeline.

We are talking about background characters profiles here and not important or relevant figures to push SF5 timeline to SF3 because those characters are already been discussed before.

So I don’t think being tied with the assumed story mode is even necessary to begin with.

We also need a profile for Mayor Cody, G, Strider Zeku, etc.
And don’t forget about Kage. His profile should confirm that he isn’t physical and is just a shadow (thus debunking the Capcom Unity blog that misleaded many people).

1 Like

CFN profile just stop because it’s already conflicted in narrative with the recent reappearance. Not because of having a newer storymode coming.

and those characters doesn’t necessary need newer CFN profile other than art because the current individual story of the character in SFV already like Kage gives the detail of what he is.

While the previous CFN profile like Blanka and Sakura automatically overwrite and replace there previous CFN profile, without a question and argument because that’s how priority works in canon.

The thing is they should have continued doing CFN profiles for other background characters that won’t have a chance to be part of the future installment of the game.