The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

New Stage!

10 Likes

Sagat doing SFA2 intro instead of Ken.

Fields of Fate instead of Australian Outback. So it’s not Australia anyway

They probably didn’t pick this up because of Bison having numerous stage already

If this was even considered canon…

It would had change SF1 to a non-tournament based on the tweet.

1 Like

This stage is as hype as a new character. More like this, Capcom! Stop with the Pro Tour Capcom Cup shit and do actual great stages!

10 Likes

They explicitly mention the anime in the tweet, so I’d take the event being canon with a grain of salt.

7 Likes

Brother, would favor 2nd CA over 2nd VS too
While i will love 3 CA, i don’t think they take an already huge job of 35 new cinematic CA and duplicate it up to 70 lol :smiley:

Btw imagining a what if where VS2 are coming, will like it as excuse to see each char getting a brand new attack, or something old “remastered”

The stage was also reference in Kage’s ending.

6 Likes

Can’t get over how amazing Shinkiro’s art looks.

7 Likes

I agree brah. Problem is, Ive never been a fan of the whole - overly - cinematic supers etc. I would prefer function over form.

I also agree that having all three available will be much better than to select a super as there is always one which is better than the other.

Direction-wise, what did you prefer? SFIV’s Ultra Combos, or SFV’s Critical Arts?

I haven’t liked many CA’s, but I loved Chun-Li’s U1 and Yang’s U2. Most of 2nd Ultras were kind of lame, still.

@ruthless_nash Idk, on one hand i like the idea of have all the tools… Example with Ryu It piss me off a bit have to renounce either tactic charge hados or renounce super cool counters

Same was in SF4 where i got to renounce the super useful U1 because deform people chins with U2 was Life

On other hand i understand the design choice was since begin… i remember Ono’s words even before vt2 was a thing, saying that at the end of SFV will be something like “my Ryu will not be like your Ryu”

Back in the time i tought something crazy, like editable moveset/stats/appearance… But a way more simple and traditional can just be 2 VT, 2VS, 2VR, 2CA and you create your “unique” combination from chosing these

So if they will force me to pick one i will understand

Still i think VS 2 could be a very cool chance of further explore characters (specially Classic ones) and teach old dogs like Guile or Gief new tricks

I bet they got tons of unused ideas that only waiting to be developed a bit

In many cases i prefered U2

Ryu, Bison, Gief, Rog, Sim were surely ones

4 Likes

Agree we had seen this before in SF4 and SF3.

Even If there would be such an example that said having both CA effective in those past games that would that case is so minimal.

Multiple non-selectable CA is way to go.

As for everyone talking about 2nd Vskill we still haven’t seen how it would work clearly other than comparing it would MVCi which isn’t even very similar. I myself dislike how infinity surge replace assist.

And for CA vs Ultra…

Don’t forget SFXT which had most better versions of SF4’s Ultra.

There are still occasions that SF4 or SF5 is better than SFV in CA standpoint.

In SF4 you had supers and ultras.

I think @magegg is comparing the both in coolness and visual not as recovery mechanic vs modern super.

Because if that was a different case it should have been Vtrigger vs Ultra.

I like Rashid and Ibuki’s CAs a lot, Akuma’s hidden CA and the last part Cammy’s; other than that, Ultras are much better.

1 Like

My biggest problem with Supers in 4 was, for the vanilla characters (aka half the cast), Supers were just toned down versions of their Ultras. This was fixed with later updates, but the old characters never got updated Supers.

As someone more casual, I usually always pick both Ultras, in order to have all the stuff a character can do at my disposal, but when Ultras are gained for free, are better than Supers in every single way and don’t take up resources for EX moves, there is no reason to play Double with the old ones. That’s why I always used Ultra 2 with Ryu and kept Shinku Hadoken on the side.

That was one of the best things about the new characters in vanilla 4, they had unique Supers and some even were cinematic.

3 Likes

I hate rashids CA. Which idiot thought it would he cool to give him a genie in a bottle type move lol.

If it was up to me id give him some sort of of ryoku ranbu style move based on parkour. It might not be original but at least its not super goofy

personally i will have liked something on this vibe

Or if they wanted keep the tornado concept, just don’t go with the genie pose lol

1 Like

So only a day left and no twitter icon change…