The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Wait, i just noticed that i misread the Ken SFZ1 backstory. I thought this part “Having trained alongside Ryu under the tutelage of Master Gouken, he had witnessed the fight between Akuma and Gouken during that time” was about the fight where Gouki/Akuma “kills” Gouken, but was it about they first fight where Gouken wins? So there is no material that said that Ken also witnessed the “death” of Gouken. So how did Ryu and Ken knew that was Gouki/Akuma specifically the one who “killed” Gouken?

I expected something more from Guile meeting with Nash.

This was a great moment in FG history:

7 Likes

Nice stuff!

Hopefully I’ll be back for real now. I took kind of a break from Street Fighter since RE2 release, but with Final Round around the corner and me missing the game I’m ready to come back.

4 Likes

A friend of mine make her Bison x Uniqlo

and more kinu stuff…

does kinu do a lot of 4koma stuff like this?

6 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out to me I need to fix the wording. Yes, the fight Ken witnesses is the first fight from when he was younger in which Gouken beats Akuma. Ken may have been the first of the students to return to Japan as the guide also says Ken rushed back after hearing the news of Ryu’s win.

6 Likes

Welcome back!!! Similar story with me but instead it’s with the MMX Collection. How is RE2 anyway?

That’s Kinu’s art? It looks more like Daigo’s earlier stuff or H.Ishikawa’s art.

I just saw dat shared in a page with address that it was kinu?

I never saw that with Kinu’s past work before?

RE2 remake is :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

People are not exaggerating when they say it’s a GOTY contender even if it was released in January.

5 Likes

Same here, the thick lines look like Daigo’s parody pictures that he did for Darkstalkers and Pocket Fighters but the way the characters are designed looks more like Ishikawa’s style because he did draw 4Koma for Capcom games during his time there.

Im currently asking the page of the source.

Gotta agree, this was a nice building up on their history to that point, a resolution of the hate and a move forward to new places for lore. I love it and wish Charlie and Guile in SFV had an aspect of that.

I am loving that 4koma comic of Chun and Cammy. I’d love more funny stuff with the SF cast collected in a book of shorts. Even if it was just a one-shot special book or something. These types of things have so much charm, I can’t get enough of them. Some characters are just rife with comedic potential that needs to be captured in some panels.

1 Like

Stefan linked the picture in this review. I guess it’s part of the book?
http://www.cammyfan.com/Cammy-info/cammy-history/cammy-history.htm

Forgot to say, here he also says it’s by some Capcom artist. It could be a guest page to the book above.
http://cammyfan.com/Cammy/4-ko-manga/4-ko-manga.htm

3 Likes

So it’s not Kinu, I just seen it in a FB page posting Capcom art yesterday.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero “reconciled” as far back as Mortal Kombat 2, with another rivalry starting due to Quan-Chi’s deception during Mortal Kombat 4, but that only took one game. Until 2011, they really didn’t share any story afterwards. My point being, while it’s cool to see a scene like that played out, it really isn’t that special. And the awkward way the NRS story modes are structured also kills that entire segment. It’s only cool because of fanservice, but writing-wise, pacing-wise and videogame-wise it sucks balls.

2 Likes

Tbh i consider It actually very well done, maybe dead times and bad pace but i can’t lie, as SF fan i will LOVE see a SF story done with such generosity

But on MK is all wasted, MK crap cast as a whole got the charisma of Honda"s butt, and not in quantity lol

2 Likes

Just thought of a new and fun bonus stage.
What if there was a dance dance revolution type bonus game where you have to match inputs to a beat. They could set it in the Capcom arcade that Sakura works in.

3 Likes

And insanely enough, then DMC5 comes out and it’s goddamn spectacular too. Back to back major good games from Capcom

3 Likes

I got DMC5 but not RE2 Remake , because I’m not into survival horror games.

Oh man, that’s perfect, thanks so much! I totally forgot to thank you!

Sorry to hear about your harddrive, I hope you didn’t lose anything.

I…I actually wanna try that lol

That would be cool something like Bust a Groove.

I remember Lilith did have that but as a move

And something had been done in mugen

I think doing something like Capcom Arcade as a whole location would be nice.

A Sakura Arcade would be an interesting Bonus Games for SFV but stars Darkstalkers characters, Warzards, Cyberbots, Techromancer and other games from Capcom with fictional creatures instead of Street Fighters.

But it should be implemented with this

The interesting part in Capcom Arcade is that you get to have a random CPU challenger in the arcade games like SF2.

But the navigation should be implemented like this I used to enjoy this interface that you can navigate the environment of the arcade center.

and this

1 Like