The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Shitty content.

I love the new stage, the rest is shit.

Classic statues without penises? What sense does that make? :thinking:

2 Likes

Long time no see, @mikros!! :smiley:

Hi, I use to lurk the thread, but with no new story bits to talk about I rarely post, and whenever a new character is released I end procrastinating my opinion on them to the point that I forget what I thought.

1 Like

I was wayting for New stage the most, and it’s fucking awesome
Laura is what you expect her to get

Curious i was guessing french theme for the stage after the two alts, but whatever
LOL at one of the statues being Guile

We just made jokes on possible Rugal wink and here we may have another one:
Rugal had a Guile statue too and Capcom did’nt forget the offense lol

EDIT: It’s not just Guile lol
Watching vid statue on the left seem Bison wrestling with Ed, one on the right possibly Ryu
And there’s a zangief somewhere

3 Likes

Btw 7/29 they will update things still missing (coliseum stage, fappers Laura), i hope they sneak in something for Season V and the wait will not be too long beyond original EVO date

WTF? This stage is more awesome than I thought initially.

7 Likes

Just wished it didn’t have the “Capcom” and “Street Fighter” banners.

Looks like advertising. So meta, it takes me out of the game.

2 Likes

Yeah same for some other CPT ones

Shadaloo and FF ones will also look SO better if i can switch off that crap as alt version of the stage

It does’nt bother me only on first 2 cpt stages (stadium boxing/wrestling ring and japanese festival), there It looks ok

2 Likes

Because it is?

1 Like

It still ruin a potentially much better stages though, and it’s a shame because some are very good

An alt version sponsor-free will have took them very little effort

1 Like

“We want naked mbison and guile on a stage” said noone ever

:eyes:

@Daemos do you want to address this false statement? :wink:

3 Likes

Are supposed to be statues of ancient olympics games

Bison-Ed wrestling
Guile javelin
Ryu discus throw
Zangief (you see only his head)

For wrestling Zangief-Alex will have worked great, not sure why they done Bison-Ed

I feel like using statues of other SF characters not related to Gill is almost a little TOO silly for me to take seriously, even if the stage is otherwise well done. Also think Gill being on a couch at ground level is kinda odd.

Maybe it’s some kind of prophecy the Illuminati has for those characters (aka “hint for SF6”)?

Does the statues represent Gill’s visions of what the ideal “Man” actually is?

I think cpt stages are likely just not-canon
See example the whole Made Gear Gang being all together like in FF days

Represent ancient greek Olympic games, i guess adding SF characters heads was for the lulz

Oh look, Bison wrestling with himself. That’s deep.

2 Likes

Seen at 0:24, Zangief got pankratium, he’s beating some other char we can’t see

Fun thing is these statues really exist

Ryu

Guile
immagine

Bison and Ed
immagine

Zangief and ???

I wonder if Rog will get “Boxer at rest”
immagine

There could be a meaning on the picks effectively

Ed-Bison Wrestling → indeed representing the struggle to take control. It’ even a good metaphor, because a wrestling match can be a loooong conflict (rather than a quick explosive one) where you wear out your opponent, gain centimeters, make him do a wrong move and suddently take control

Ryu Discobolus → i guess the disc can be associated with the hadouken, but more than that the discobolus is just the “poster boy”, the first statue one mentally associate to the image of ancient olympics. Kinda like Ryu for SF

Guile Javelin → the most “war-related” discipline, in ancient greek world the spear was the symbol of the soldier/warrior. Ares/Mars himself was ever depicted with a spear in hand

Zangief Pankration → well, we got actual Pankration reps in SF (Gill, Urien) but still Zangief grabbing somebody and overpower him is Zangief being Zangief LOL

4 Likes