The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

This is slightly unrelated, but the SFV (SFV CE) Mysterious Mod brings something interesting to the table, even if it is fan-made. Within the spoilers, there is a video. Please, take a look when y’all get a chance. It may bring up a new conversation based on what the characters might be capable of from a gameplay and a narrative perspective.

2 Likes

Looks cool but, like you said, unrelated.

Random, I know, but was it ever revelaed who stabbed Seth in the back in Fei Long’s SFIV ending?

Probably dhalsim with

Summary

His Yoga Bone move

I mean, both Guy and Ibuki are known kunai throwers (though Guy only did it in an ending), so that’s a definite possibility. Though they weren’t added until Super, it might have been a sort of teaser of things to come.

1 Like

If you could pitch a Street Fighter spinoff (other than crossover games), what would you like?

I’d like a SF fighting game outside of the main entries. With more experimental (specially graphical) features.
I know I’ve said it before, but a SF spinoff fighting game with sprite-based graphics similar to SFA on GameBoy Color (or Street Fighter 2010), and really crazy gameplay.

Huh…didn’t know THAT was a thing. looks it up Well would ya look at that.

If you’re going to do that though, you might as well just make another Pocket Fighter.

A Pocket Fighter would need bigger budget.

I’m down for it, though.

But I think that an Atari-like level of graphics would be easier. They could even include every character in the series so far, it would be easy to do.

SF6 needs a companion mobile app that has all characters and NPCs as some form of collectible. All drawn in the same style. That would do me.

Pocket Fighter would be an amazing mobile opportunity for Capcom (who seem awful at handling mobile stuff)

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it if they did exactly like what MVC2 did with the VMU peripheral for Dreamcast. So, for example, doing mini games, interacting with the community or getting collectives would earn you points that can be transferred to your game to get extra fight money.

2 Likes

Not SF persay, but a fun concept idea for how one guy would approach MvC4. I had fun with this and figured some of you guys would enjoy it as well!

3 Likes

This kind of makes SFV even worse in a certain way.

I’d rather for SFV Story to have ended through the following chain of events

In the Last Act in reference to what I’ve written a while back.

The tournament that Karin and Ken started was a dud mainly because of the Illuminati’s machinations in trying to take out Shadowloo via Necalli or Nash

(The origins of Necalli were altered so that he was an extremely powerful but flawed product of the Illuminati, built with the Satsui no Hadou in mind. This is why he continues targeting Ryu and Dhalsim whom were traveling together to figure out what Necalli’s deal was. To clarify: Dhalsim wants to help Ryu in my narrative because Necalli also threatened several law enforcers in India just from his bloodthirst and then started attacking Ryu out of the blue in his initial appearance. Necalli was set up to be a far bigger menace than what we were given at first. Dhalsim himself also theorizes that he could help Ryu with his newfound enemy, seeing as he was still somewhat struggling with the Satsui no Hadou, even after all this time. He leaves his post in India at the aid of his fellow guardians, as he is able to teleport back if they require his assistance).

Tournament between Ken and Karin happens as a community-building process and to generates incentives for the greatest warriors. But obviously, the efforts fall short towards the middle of the tournament.

(Note: Karin is not put into any “leadership” position and is not presented as a potential Mary Sue as she was in actual SFV presentation. Karin’s backstory is this: Before she meets Ken for the suggested tournament, she specifically loses to one of the dolls at first and then to even Kolin.
Karin’s closure is confronting one of the Dolls and halting Kolin in her infiltration attempt. What this does is reinforce that Karin can grow strong from her losses but this is not done in a way where she is annoying and she still retains her haughty but well-meaning personality. Sakura even goes as far as to give her a pep talk before finally confronting one of the Dolls at Shadowloo and Kolin herself when both of them show up trying to infiltrate the tournament. Then she eventually battles alongside her associate, Ken included confronting the Illuminati from underneath the compound of the tournament (Illuminati = Urien, Kolin, and INITIALLY Nash. Alongside those three were Juri and Rashid, the latter whom eventually defects, due to how insane Urien and Kolin/Helen are). Nash is still too obsessed with killing Bison but is also suspicious of the Illuminati themselves. Nash also has bad blood with Urien, due to the amount of sarcasm and insolence he displays towards him (again, Nash and Urien are presented as equals and Nash also highlights his ability to play mind games and also utilizes his background in psychiatry to further piss off Urien).

It is also important to bear in mind that Cammy, Chun-Li, E.Honda, Zeku, and Blanka were acting as bodyguards and each of them had their own arcs to fulfill. The most obvious ones come to a full circle with Cammy ultimately rescuing the Dolls, including Decapre, and Chun-Li SPECIFICALLY being shown to have leveled the Shadowloo in a raid set up by the Interpol at the guidance of Guile. This makes sense because Urien openly stated in 3S that it was Chun-Li who had the last laugh).

The hidden confrontation between the contestants at the tournament and the Illuminati is what drives Guile, Chun-Li, and Cammy to initiate a raid:
Guile and Nash have a massive confrontation with each other. RASHID… being a man of relative common sense mitigates their conflict and reminds them of what’s important. Rashid was initially working with the Illuminati through Kolin/Helen to find his friend whom was stuck in Shadowloo but he defects upon getting form information about Operation C.H.A.I.N.S. as the programming algorithms and tactics were similar to that of his friend. Rashid even went as far as to trace the IP address all the way to Shadowloo’s primary location, which gave the Interpol the means of planning a raid based on what they already know about Bison.

Guile and Nash finally make amends, considering Rashid’s motivations are more or less the same as what Guile’s were, they came to an understanding.

Back to Ryu and Dhalsim. Ryu contacts Sakura on the way to the tournament in the West and she gladly travels with him and Dhalsim, despite the dangers that await. Sakura ends up helping Ryu and Dhalsim trace the Illuminati’s activities to the tournament after some more confrontations at the hotels they stood in.

Sakura starts having nightmares. Of shadows telling her to “Kill. Kill. Give in to your urge to fight… Give into the fighting spirit from within.”

Sakura gets into a fight with a vicious, demonic entity in her mindscape. A shadow.
Sakura manages to overwhelm the shadow but she wakes up in enough to time alert Ryu and Dhalsim in another room. Ryu fears that Sakura may have a degree of the Satsui no Hadou. Sakura begins to speak of a shadow who tries to goad people into pure violence.

Ryu and Dhalsim are left unnerved and are put into an even more hopeless situation.

As they show up to the tournament in the West, they meet a fortune teller… One who uses Soul Power.
Ryu suspects that Rose was nearby but this time it was someone else.

Menat.

Menat is a student of Rose who is currently investigating the tournament herself. Menat tells Ryu that she is familiar with the Illuminati. Ryu begins to interrogate Menat:

Ryu: “Soul Power is the opposite of Psycho Power. If I may ask, how do you know so much?”

Menat: “Information spreads wide and far, friend! And, this is the age of information. I am sure you familiar with the terminology of street fighting… Survival requires both strength and information. What you do with those things are what shape your destiny and the life of others… and then you realize… that there is so much more than just survival.”

Ryu: “I don’t follow. Well, I understand what you are trying to say. But, you are quite a cryptic woman, probably more so than even Rose.”

Menat: “Such is the curse of my profession. I try to have a little talk with Bison earlier… but he was nowhere to be found.”

Ryu: “You might have been lucky.”

Menat: “Rose and Guy… they’ve taught me so much under their guidance to withstand the Psycho Power. And, at heart… I too am a martial artist just like you. What we have in common is that we both seek knowledge. You as an Ansatsuken practitioner and myself as an emissary of Soul Power! If you want to find out your fortune and more about the Illuminati, I have to test your resolve… You might be wise to bring your allies so that they may understand what they may be getting into.”

Ryu: “Deal.”

Ryu finds Sakura and Dhalsim eating breakfast at the hotel and they indulge Menat in intense sparring sessions. Menat demonstrates her complicated fighting style and then proceeds to call off the match.

Menat tells Ryu of the Illuminati… files she recorded through her own Crystal Ball (and her cell phone). Necalli is a product of the Illuminati, built under the guidance of a man known as… Urien. A super soldier project. The name “Nash” is also mentioned, much to Ryu’s surprise.
(The confrontation between Ryu and Nash is canon and is more or less the same as it were). Menat also still makes the same cryptic notion that Ryu is supposed to gain power that directly opposes the Psycho Power through his own networks… Mushin.

Ryu: “… I’ve defeated Bison before. But, it took everything I had. Sagat, Sakura… even Ken.”

Menat then elaborates on Sakura’s situation.

Sakura: “A shadow… You mean, I have…”

Menat eases Sakura’s mind by telling her to continue her pursuits in earnest and not become obsessed with the idea of victory itself. Sakura would have to grow with the idea of evolution in mind. Sakura already began to cheer up.

Menat already designated to go to the tournament herself, she travels with Ryu and co.

At the tournament.

Ryu and Sakura communicate with Chun-Li and Guile to cooperate, because he may have information on them because of what he found out about Necalli through an interrogation process against shadow operatives (Interrogation Process: Ryu, Sakura, Menat, and Dhalsim beat the information out of some people that were watching his progression and takes their cellphones, handing them over to Chun-Li and Guile, in order to spread awareness to the Interpol and into the U.S. Air Force respective, so the latter’s U.S. Government would have more insight on a greater threat, which eventually leads to Tom and Alex’s situation with Gill because they were both in the service and we can assume that they both were officers or senior enlisted). Menat splits off and registers for the tournament. Ryu enters the tournaments at first (before Guile’s confrontation with Nash). Ryu mops the floor with a few RNG warriors, some from the Alpha series and some from 3S… he also encounters folks like Laura and Ken! He manages to defeat both of them. Laura then offers Ryu and Ken to train her little brother Sean. Ken receives a message from his security service line. He tells Ryu to keep his guard up and power on through the tournament. Meanwhile, Sakura and Karin have a match after their… pep talk
(Karin and Sakura had their own issues: Karin’s sense of pride was ruined by Shadowloo Dolls and then Helen/Kolin. Then they even go as far as to colorfully elaborate on Karin’s state of mind and her competitive streak. Sakura is suspected of having a small case of the Satsui no Hadou).
After their long talk, they meet each other in the brackets and they fight. Menat and Ryu being onlookers, waiting for her next match. Karin manages to defeat Sakura and receives the same message as Ken got. Even so, Sakura accepts her loss and Karin’s dignity is shot back up as she helps her friend and rival up. Menat and Ryu proudly see Sakura in her improvement and the new moves she showcased… Thus bringing closure to Sakura’s case. Sakura sticks around to help the others fight the Illuminati and Shadowloo in the meantime. Ryu goes onto fight his next few matches against some NPC nobodies.

To the surprise of Ryu and the player… he coincidentally runs into Sagat! They greet and they fight for a long while, Sagat seemingly gaining the upper hand, mirroring what happened when they first met.

Sagat grows suspicious and begins talking to Ryu as they are fighting:

Sagat: “Are you here because of Necalli?”

Ryu: Panting “Necalli?”

Sagat: “He has the same condition as you do. I fought him once before as well. He was like an animal. A bloodthirsty beast.”

Ryu: “Don’t worry. My defense is under control. And, as for Necalli. Everything about him is an anomaly. Unnatural. Wrong.”

Sagat: “So, you’ve figured it out then. Words of the Illuminati pass my ears for the last several years… If what my subjects say is true, then I would not be surprised if they manipulated us and even the Shadowloo into our situation. I’ve once aligned myself with the Shadowloo to know this much. Now will be a good chance to test your strength, Ryu.”

Ryu: “I’m always ready.”

Sagat: “I’m sure you’ve heard about the shadows of martial arts…”

Ryu’s worries for himself and Sakura were confirmed the moment Sagat mentioned that. The same as what Sakura spoke about…

From there, the fight continues for minutes, with Ryu growing increasingly worried.
After a while, Necalli spawns into existence once against and begins terrorizing everyone.
While this was going on, Ken, Karin, and the others were dealing with a massive confrontation with the Illuminati group down below.

Dhalsim, Sakura, and Menat show up in time to hold off Necalli from harming civilians until Ryu and Sagat coudl reach the murderous research project. The closer Ryu got to Necalli, the worse he started to feel. Sagat suspects that Ryu is dealing with the same problem as he was… the shadows of martial arts. The shadows that come from those who reject the concept of Satsui no Hadou…

Sagat: “You again…”

Evil Ryu/Kage: “SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!”

Sagat gets into a vicious conflict with this shadow, spawning from Ryu… Despite some difficulty, Sagat edges Kage out due to Ryu himself holding back his shadow with his mind.

Kage: "RYUUUUUU!!

Ryu: “No… This isn’t… funny…”

Kage had fought Sagat, Ryu, and Gouki in the past in their mindscapes. He won out on Sagat and Ryu at first but Dhalsim kept Ryu from going crazy and Sagat was able to control his own killing instinct with just reason alone and Kage tried to overwhelm his mind. Here, Kage receives his just deserts.

Ryu: “I walk a different path.”

Kage: “Idiot! You fucking twit! You are nothing without me! You are not worth anything with the power of the Satsui no Hadou! I embody that power!!”

Ryu: beat panting “Huh… You sound like one of those drug-dealing scumbags that I sometimes run into. Do you think you can take me to a good old street fight? Do you think you can really peddle me that Satsui no Hadou, nonsense?! Come on!”

Kage: “Oh, you will regret, friend…”

They fight. Despite some difficulty, Ryu ends up smacking around his shadow in the mindscape battlefield. It is also at this point that Dhalsim barely managed to down Necalli, despite the latter being stronger than before. It even took Sakura and Sagat’s help to achieve that goal while Ryu was having a hard time with Kage.

Ryu rejects Kage (mirror Kage’s own story) and begins tapping into Mushin. Ryu comes to.

But, Necalli was found unconscious. Only for Kage to infiltrate HIS mind, just like he tried with Ryu, Sakura and Sagat’s much earlier.

Kage defeats Necalli in the latter’s mindscape… Necalli’s stranglehold over the Satsui no Hadou increases exponentially. Necalli’s power from all the warriors he has eaten in his bloody pursuits elevates in resonation with Kage’s influence.

Necalli becomes a being of malicious power. A larger and evolved state.

Ryu tells the others to back off while he faces this… creature.

Cue “SNK Boss Fight”

Ryu ekes out a victory, making use of Mushin and his new defensive tactics against the monster.

As the monster disappears from the final strike, Bison shows up. All with his own soldiers to apprehend Ryu and the others. Sakura, Menat, Dhalsim, and Sagat get into a vicious skirmish against the soldiers.

Bison: “Greetings, my fellow warriors. The time has come for the day of reckoning… Activate Operation C.H.A.I.N.S.”

Bison’s Black Moon satellite systems begin crippling electronic communication systems across the globe at designated city areas

Bison: “You never cease to amaze me. You actually managed to defeat Necalli in his final state… I fought him once before too… As interesting as his power was, it was nothing but pure drivel made by incompetents… I find that funny. Heh, heh, heh…”

Ryu: “Bison, how the hell are you still aliv-ACK… ACK!!”

Bison: “Silence. Have some Psycho Power for a change!”

Bison attempts to use his increased Psycho Power from the Black Moons to cast Ryu into a state of mind control. Menat whacks two of the Shadowloo soldiers and interrupts Bison.

Bison: “What the- Soul Power… But, Rose isn’t even-”

Menat: “Knock it off already!”

Bison: “WORM!!”

Bison use his V-Skill I to cast a counter-fire ball at Menat to send her flying. Sagat, Dhalsim, and Sakura angrily toss their projectiles at Bison to level him for a moment while Ryu recovers. Bison creates a barrier from the enhanced Psycho Power projected from the Black Moons to fling a shockwave at his assailants. Menat sends a series of crystal balls towards Bison’s way. Bison Scissor Kicks Menat and elbows her head. Menat recovers just in time to land a palm strike at Bison’s rib and her reverse roundhouse to perform her own V-Skill II, the Soul Drill to damage BIson. Ryu comes to from the mind control attempt and tackles Bison into a ravine.

They fall on their asses.

However, Bison still has the advantage of the Black Moons.

They fight again and Bison proceeds to brutalize Ryu, much like how he had done when they first met.

Ryu ends up utilizing Mushin to cancel out portions of Bison’s projections to mount a slow and steady comeback. Ryu and Bison’s conflict escalates into a vicious slugfest between Mushin and Psycho Power.

The match ends in a draw… Ryu and Bison are on their knees.

Ryu was still ready to fight with his newfound strength. Bison simply smiles at Ryu and stands up with his arms crossed.

Bison: “Well, this is just too funny. But, I have a lot more in store for you. Let us start off with the Gods under me.”

(Vega, Balrog, and F.A.N.G. make their way down into the ravine)

Ryu: “What the hell is this…?!”

(Bison suddenly launches a projectile at Ryu, hitting him hard in his chest).

Bison: “Why not test your power against them, hm?”

(Vega, Balrog, and F.A.N.G. all proceed to beat Ryu within the inch of his life as his arch-enemy flies away. Ryu fights back valiantly, swiftly dodging quite a few strikes from the Gods. F.A.N.G. is the first to fall at Ryu’s hands but Vega and Balrog, having faced Ryu before were thirsty for some vengeance. Ryu maneuvers around Vega’s claw swipes and Balrog’s mad swings to redirect their attacks back at each other. Ryu puts both of them at a disadvantage but Vega and Balrog were still ready to go. From behind Ryu, lurks one of the Dolls. Decapre. She attempts to murder Ryu only for him to parry just in time.

Ryu: “DAMN IT!”

Decapre, still under heavy influence of the Psycho Power, lunges at Ryu. Just as things get even more hopeless, Cammy pops up through a hidden elevator catches Decapre with a Cannon Spike.

From behind Cammy, comes Chun-Li, Karin, Ken, and Guile. The rest are above the ravine forced to deal with psycho soldiers trying to kill them.

Bison escapes proceeding to the next step of his plans… Bothered by the idea of another power being potentially on par with his…

Ryu and Bison’s confrontation ends with a stalemate.

Another warrior is destined to fight Bison…

4 Likes

I watched all hour and 23 minutes of this and subbed. This was really good content. Thanks man.

1 Like

Decent roster but too much d.m.c imo

1 Like

Skipped straight to the end and I don’t care for Marvel so I’ll say that honestly, for the Capcom side, they should’ve put Chun-Li and Jill Valentine instead of Lady and Virgil. Also the legacy fighters thing isn’t needed.

I’d love to see him do a Capcom vs SNK 3 or Capcom All-Stars.

1 Like

Poor dude I remember he made wishlists for MvC Infinite and was basically shitted all over by Crapcom…

His ideas were really good, however.

4 Likes

Yeah I appreciated how he went into detail on why he was including a character and gave a brief synopsis of their moveset if their were any significant changes. His Black Panther portion of the video hit home for me. As a fan of the character, I was similarly disappointed. Capcom didn’t use anything from the character. It would be like Netherrealm putting Batman into Injustice and making him a pure martial artist with no gadgets.

2 Likes

This is what I wrote in 2006 regarding the Mortal Kombat:

Summary

I wrote this last year when I was a member of TRMK.org

This is just a sumary of times and events.

Note: Realms are planets.

c. 10,000 BCE: Outworld prospers under the rule of Onaga, The Dragon King. The realm’s protector, Shao Kahn (Raiden is Earthrealms protector) sees this and becomes jealous. He kills Onaga and takes Outworld for himself, thus unbalancing the furies and turns Outworld into a wasteland.

Around the same time on Earth Raiden and Shinnok are involved in an epic battle that nearly destroys the planet.

Onaga’s priests appoint Blaze, a fire elemental to watch over an egg that contains the spirit and life essence of Onaga.

c. 8,700 BCE: Shinnok banished into the netherrealm. Raiden burries Shinnok’s amulet (a Kamidogu) in Tibet.

c. 8,500 BCE: Shao Kahn merges the realm of Chaos, Zetarra(sp?), Kuatan, the Centaur realm, and partially Netherrealm with Outworld. Some races of Outworld and Netherrealm breed and become what we now know as the Takarta Hordes. The Elder Gods were displeased and came up with a rule, which is now known as the Mortal Kombat Tournament. Lucifer is oblivious to the partial merger of Outworld.

c. 8,100 BCE: Edenia lost 9 consecutive Mortal Kombat tournaments.

c. 8,008 BCE: Kitana is born.

c. 8,000 BCE: Shao Kahn merges Edenia with Outworld through 10 consecutive victories.

Around the same time Quan Chi, who is from the Netherrealm, devises a plan to work with Shinnok to overthrow the current ruler of the Netherrealm. They become successful and Shinnok now rules the Netherrealm.

around the same time in China elders began having visions and began forming the Shaolin Temples.

c. 8 BCE: Goro was born.

c. 1450 CE: Kung Lao is born (all his story etc. is in the paperback book of Mortal Kombat, which discusses how he knows where Shinnok’s Amulet is, talks about a character named Ruthay, one of Shang Tsung’s servents. Also talks about how Goro kills Kung Lao and Shang Tsung take’s Lao’s soul, thus gaining knowledge of where the map is in the Temple of The elements.)

Also, all the storylines from MK Conquest (TV series) takes place around the same time.

c. 1930 CE: Shujinko receives his first training with Bo Rai Cho.

c. 1985 CE: The events of MK Mythologies takes place. Sub-Zero (now known as Noob Saibot) retrieves the map/amulet for Quan Chi. Shang Tsung showed Quan Chi where the map is, in return Shinnok will help with Sindel’s Resurrection on Earth in 1995 so that Shao Kahn can gain access to Earth. What Tsung doesn’t know is that this will also allow Shinnok access as well.

c. 1993 CE: The 10th Mortal Kombat tournament takes place. Liu Kang wins. The events of the game Shaolin Monks takes place and the events of MK2 take place.

c. 1995 CE: All the events of MK3/UMK3 take place.

Around the same time, before Onaga’s return from death, old Shujinko collects the last of the 6 Kamidogu.

Shao Kahn’s army gets defeated at the hands of Edenia’s and Earth’s armies. Shao Kahn goes into hiding.

c. 1997 CE: events of MK4 unfold. Shao Kahn finds an ancient artifact which was left behind by Shinnok (the amulet).

Quan Chi has the fake amulet.

c. 2002 CE: Events of MKDA take place

c. 2004 CE: Events of MKD take place. Onaga has the fake amulet, thus not knowing how to fuse the Kamidogu.

around the same time Onanga gets killed once again by Shao Kahn and fuses the Kamidogu.

Note: Last sentence is speculation.

This is not the Mortal Kombat thread.

7 Likes